THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

55 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Mten3 plays Sleigh Ride using beams of light. Essentially when I break a light beam a MIDI signal is sent to a digital sound sampler. A segment of the song is recorded in the sampler for each beam of light. Timing is everything. Lots of fun! 

:o  You're having fun. I wish I had the time that apparently you do ;)

:cheers:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Funny! :)  I look at your achievements since retirement including giving guided tours and teaching others to ride. Amazing!
As for me I’m out entertaining mice in my pole barn. :P

49237779772_f44e6af8e1_b.jpg

:roflmao:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I look at your achievements since retirement including giving guided tours

Hopefully my son and I can get down to la someday to ride with Marty. We talk about it all the time. After all he is the one responsible for our wheel addiction 😉

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Jpd said:

Hopefully my son and I can get down to la someday to ride with Marty. We talk about it all the time. After all he is the one responsible for our wheel addiction 😉

There's always the 2020 Los Angeles EUC Tour. But trust me, I know that's a tough call :)

Thanks for the kind words :cheers:

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

That trail looks fun, even in winter

I was definitely positively surprised that it was that rideable.
No more rain or ice for a week now though. Interestingly there will be some crazy fog tomorrow.
Going to have to check that out. :) 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Gustesta said:

Skydio's 2 drone "follow mode" test on an electric Unicycle Gotway Nikola Plus 100v 4k HDR no post

Skydio 2 drone follow mode test on an electric Unicycle Gotway Nikola Plus 100v Skydio's 2 beacon used for the video 4k HDR no post editing - no color grading

:popcorn:  Nice demo!  I was hoping you might have gone onto the grass in between the trees.  At a few points it looks like it flew over the tops of the trees.  Did it ever get too close to anything like those lamp posts?  Instead of a follow me, it seemed more like a you follow it at times.  What's your impressions of it so far?  It looks like a sweet personal aerial camera chopper to provide a bird's eye of view for riders.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

At a few points it looks like it flew over the tops of the trees.

It’s amazing technology but still limited.  My Skydio 1 does the same thing. At least Skydio 2 appears to have improved it’s obstacle avoidance capabilities. Hopefully it avoids small branches and power lines. 

My Skydio 1 hit a 25 foot high power line traveling at 15 mph. It only suffered a few abrasions and a small dent in the battery pack.   I’m not sure the new Skydio would survive that height of drop since they eliminated the enclosed blade structure and rugged carbon fiber body.  Time will tell. 

To be safe I’ll be ordering a few batches of extra blades as I fear spare parts will be a rare commodity while production ramps up. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Afeez Kay said:

I compete in the e- rideables X-Games of the future. If this is the Future of Rideables..then sign me up 😁

• So awesome. :thumbup: 
Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 1

@travsformationYou know how some videos are just boring to watch? You start watching and regret hitting the play button. Your videos are nothing like that.. They have the feeling of wanting to explore.:shock2: ...... Althogh a face plant would have been a nice touch. You kept teasing us with that in the sand. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

@travsformationYou know how some videos are just boring to watch? You start watching and regret hitting the play button. Your videos are nothing like that.. They have the feeling of wanting to explore.:shock2: ...... Althogh a face plant would have been a nice touch. You kept teasing us with that in the sand. 

Thanks!  :wub:

The idea was to avoid monotony and keep things interesting, and I think stressing the landscape and keeping the video short really help with that. I'm glad to hear the idea is working as intended! :D

Although I have to admit, I got ridiculously lucky: we had a massive thunderstorm the day before so large extensions of the beach were flooded, and that "golden hour" lighting really brought out the beauty of the scene. I was worried that riding with the camera behind me might create glare and reflection issues (there are a few stitching artifacts caused by the top lens being in direct sunlight and the bottom one being in the shade), but it really payed off. Not only did it capture that gorgeous lighting but seems to create a sense of anticipation, a feeling of riding towards something. Beginner's luck? :whistling:

This was my first contact with the 360 so there's tons of room for improvement. I'm looking forward to playing around with different shots & angles, and getting more creative with different panning and crane-like shots (the addition of a drone would be nice too), but I doubt all the creative shooting techniques in the world can make up for the lucky combination of serendipity and sunsets... :efee612b4b:

Then again, maybe I'm setting the bar too high for myself and all I have to do to keep folks engaged is continue teasing with the (inevitable) faceplant... :efee612b4b:

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 3