THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

4 hours ago, ZenRyder said:

Who knew an MSX could fly using those little pedals? 

I wasn't going to post this video because it's kind of embarrassing. But then it got wrapped up in evidence of the new 100V MSX 1860wh wheels from Gotway worth bad firmware. 

The forward/backward oscillation can be seen riding down the first hill. Luckily I was able to dismount cleanly using the most padded portion of my body to land. Bruised pride and tailbone being the only casualties. 

Very lucky that the only damage was scrapes on the housing and a pedal. Considering the wheel was going 22+ mph. 

Sorry, but I thought it was important to post the crash segment to emphasize the dangerous aspect of these new MSX's from Gotway. Until fixed, people should be very weary of riding fast on their new wheels.

For people who don't know what I'm talking about, see this thread: 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Zack Wong said:

Turns out it was actually my Fibula.

Makes more sense indeed.

3 hours ago, Zack Wong said:

It’s still weight bearing

It's the tibia taking the weight, to all I know.

Edited by Mono

Nikola 21700 v Tesla2 acceleration Test

Video Credit:  Afeez KAY 

Which one wins? 

9 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Okay, yeah. Super jealous. Its getting so cold here i can still ride, but my breath freezes on my visor on the inside, which antifog cant help with. And its so chilly, i'm not nimble at all because my muscles are cold, haha. This looks like a blast! Also interesting to see how many former MSX riders are on the nikola now, 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, seage said:

Okay, yeah. Super jealous. Its getting so cold here i can still ride, but my breath freezes on my visor on the inside, which antifog cant help with. And its so chilly, i'm not nimble at all because my muscles are cold, haha. This looks like a blast! Also interesting to see how many former MSX riders are on the nikola now, 

To be fair, this video was shot in August, when it was probably even warm where you are :D

Today, the temperature in Southern California is only going to reach 58. I'm freezing my butt off :cry2:

A lot of people have gotten the Nikola, but the MSX is still a strong contender around here.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Quite the adventure! I'm definitely not envious, not at all;)

Yeah, he unknown was definitely a variable I was aware of, but I'll be taking a much more cautious approach for attempt no. 2 ;)

14 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

And you have your own support car, not bad.

Hahaha yeah, can't complain there! 

15 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I think no 18 incher really brakes well on steep declines.

Yeah, I reckon that's probably the case. I'm wondering whether the 16X will be much better. It's a 16" but...a heavy one at that....

16 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

And maybe your car needs a look at its brakes?

The handbrake at least, yeah! Then again, I don't usually park on what Komoot says is an 18% incline  :efee612b4b:

5 minutes ago, travsformation said:

I'm wondering whether the 16X will be much better. It's a 16" but...a heavy one at that....

18XL real tire diameter is... 19 inches? The 16X is 17.75 inches so it's an 18 incher in reality. Not a real 16 incher. The difference between the 18XL and 16X may be smaller than it appears.

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

18XL real tire diameter is... 19 inches? The 16X is 17.75 inches so it's an 18 incher in reality. Not a real 16 incher. The difference between the 18XL and 16X may be smaller than it appears.

1inch less and better torque would probably make it at least a bit better... And even a small difference would have helped a lot in that kind of situation. I guess I'll find out soon enough... Can't wait! 

On 12/1/2019 at 10:26 AM, EUC GUY said:

Worked more on this lately. 

Very cool Mathias. After seeing this I think it's time to upgrade my firmware :thumbup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Very cool Mathias. After seeing this I think it's time to upgrade my firmware :thumbup:

OH yeah. Very cool now 😊 spent some hours this weekend to learn more 

• Like 2