THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

On 10/20/2019 at 4:24 PM, Lillian said:

10th Ave. bike lane in NYC. My Insta 360 wasn't recording. :angry: This is for anyone who doesn't know about this bike lane or wants a glimpse of it. 

I too will only ride with protection. Same Leatt knee/shin protectors, Demon D3O jacket, etc. I’m at my most paranoid at crosswalks. They should rename “red on right”, “the pedestrian killer”.

I think I spotted the same Topside front/back light on your helmet as I use.

When I was riding my V8 (I’m riding a 16x now), I used to always take the cover off at night. I wanted the light show to enhance my visibility. I noticed you had your cover on.

Edited by Jon Stern
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Jon Stern said:

I too like too will only ride with protection. Same Leatt knee/shin protectors, Demon D3O jacket, etc. I’m at my most paranoid at crosswalks. They should rename “red on right”, “the pedestrian killer”.

I think I spotted the same Topside front/back light on your helmet as I use.

When I was riding my V8 (I’m riding a 16x now), I used to always take the cover off at night. I wanted the light show to enhance my visibility. I noticed you had your cover on.

Thanks for checking it out. I'm glad to know you're a rider who wears protective gear also. It's cumbersome but smart. My lights are ShredLights.

I ride with the cover on because I'm still not very confident riding due to infrequency. In my longer Times Square ride video, I almost had an accident that could easily be avoided by experienced riders who know how to quickly swerve. I didn't fall but would've messed up my wheel had I fallen. 

I never thought of the light display for visibility. That makes sense. I thought they were only to show off :D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flyboy10 said:

Here is some clickbait for you guys.

The MSX and 18XL climbed better than the Nikola+.

Any question about the Nikola ask @Nick McCutcheon

But the MSX has severe problems, the wheel blocks constantly. :roflmao:

Nice Video :thumbup:

10 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

I was a bit surprised to see such a sporty guy smoking, tbh :) 

I know what you mean. I am a bit shocked myself when I see myself smoking. Totally out of place considering everything else.
Maybe that's what makes it work.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

My grandson ran into my Insta360 One X invisible selfie stick on Saturday. I guess he couldn't see it.:ph34r:

That's one stealthy stick! :laughbounce2:

...Now this video goes with the Lake Murray/Cowles Mountain stuff above from the SD-EUCers. After the lake run, I meandered around looking for easy stuff the whole group could enjoy and wound up at Mission Trails main path through the mountains along the San Diego River. This is a preview of routes we could combine with (too short) Lake Murray.

Edited by RayRay
Close enough to ride to from the lake
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Kristof Willen said:

Here's a magnificent video (not mine) of a Nikola 84V ride in Faroe Island (apparently the guy got stopped by a police officer and almost got fined - EUCs are illegal in Denmark).

Are they illegal?

I thought they were legalised this year - and then regulations tightened somewhat, based on max speed.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Kristof Willen said:

Here's a magnificent video (not mine) of a Nikola 84V ride in Faroe Island (apparently the guy got stopped by a police officer and almost got fined - EUCs are illegal in Denmark).

Yes excellent video! This guy spent some major time and effort time compiling all of his amazing footage from multiple video sources into one fantastic compilation.