THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

19 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

BTW, I think you should get your reading glasses prescription checked. This is my KS18XL :laughbounce2:

Oops! :facepalm: Good excuse for me to purchase a larger Iphone. You are getting enjoyment painting your wheels. :thumbup:

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Oops! :facepalm: Good excuse for me to purchase a larger Iphone. You are getting enjoyment painting your wheels. :thumbup:

Yeah, I'm beginning to feel that black is so boring :)

10 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

You definitely like Redondo Beach, but I can't blame you.   I lived 5 blocks from the pier for almost 6 years and loved riding my bike all around.   If I only had an EUC then...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, maltocs said:

Brandon's (6 years old) instructional on how to do tricks on an EUC. Also, we just realized Coronado Beach in San Diego is an EXCELLENT beach to actually ride on the sand. The hard packed sand part of the beach is SUPER wide. 

Excellent job Brandon! I plan to show your video to my granddaughter. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dan the Man said:

no problems with sand and salt? I have a beach like that 5 mins from here but not sure about sand and salt

It's hard packed damp sand.  I would imagine it's the same sand that blows up into the bike path so I think it's okay as long as I don't go into the salt water.

2 hours ago, Dan the Man said:

no problems with sand and salt? I have a beach like that 5 mins from here but not sure about sand and salt

I've ridden a few of my wheels through ocean water. Just rinse the wheel off in fresh water when you're done and all is good. If you're riding on dry sand you really don't need to do anything. I've done that a million times (slight exaggeration).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, stephen said:

Thought I'd mess about with iMovie and revamp a short clip with some slo-mo action , iMovie isn't too bad tbh i don't usally use it

Not too bad. Do you have your X configured for Slo-motion. I get the impression from this video that you don't. It's the 4K @ 50fps mode vs the normal 5.7k mode. If not you should definitely switch the setting. I use that mode whenever I think I may want some slow-mo footage and it makes for some very smooth video.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Not too bad. Do you have your X configured for Slo-motion. I get the impression from this video that you don't. It's the 4K @ 50fps mode vs the normal 5.7k mode. If not you should definitely switch the setting. I use that mode whenever I think I may want some slow-mo footage and it makes for some very smooth video.

No i didn't know that 🙁 thanks very much though I'll remember if i do, is 50fps still decent quality but better for slo-mo

Thanks for the tip I'll have to go back and do it all again 😀

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Gasmantle said:

It should be great fun next week when there's 3 of us weaving round there.  

If we could find 2 more people to join us we could just about play a game of human pacman :lol:

:lol:............👻  👈 See what i did

14 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

electro color for Monster

DaVinci Resolve - serial color nodes

I used DaVinci Resolve's color node interface to create a serial node for each color, splitting up the video into 1 second segments, connecting the color node of interest to the output for each segment and applying a static local area filter to restrict the area of effect. 

The idea came from watching a YouTube tutorial where a woman, dancing in the street with colored sneakers was given a sneakers color change with DaVinci Resolve.

Recoloring tutorial videos are on YouTube

6 hours ago, stephen said:

No i didn't know that 🙁 thanks very much though I'll remember if i do, is 50fps still decent quality but better for slo-mo

Thanks for the tip I'll have to go back and do it all again 😀

As one example, did you see the video I did of 6-year old Brandon riding the Mten3? That was shot at 4K/50fps. I find the video quality still very good.

If you want smooth as butter slo-mo than you need to shoot at 50fps.

• Upvote 1