THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

6 hours ago, Alien Rides said:

Thanks, we'll try to do more of this as soon as I find more victims, I mean friends, to shoot with.

Did I catch a cut at the handshake? Did you deprive us of an awkward handshake moment sir? :eff01bbbfc:

46 minutes ago, Lefteris said:

This was shot today, no montage nothing just some music and the view. I'll try better next time.. enjoy..

All footage is valuable, especially of Greece I don't see much EUC content capturing Greece. Have you seen other wheel riders where you ride?

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, maltocs said:

We did a 20mi ride through Griffith Park last week. We both started at 100%. My MCM5 with me (200lbs) ended with 20%. Brandon's MTen3 with him (50lbs) ended up with 50%!

I just think this is so cool that you can go on such long rides with the little guy. Remember how slow time went at that age, and how big everything was? A 20-mile ride must seem like an epic experience to him.

:cheers:

P.s. The video of Brandon got a huge response on Facebook - he's a star :D

• Like 1

So i found llkley Tarn on my ventures in the moors , i did a bit of talking on this video but to much wind noise, i really need a microphone set up what's the easiest way anyone?

Edited by stephen
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, maltocs said:

We did a 20mi ride through Griffith Park last week. We both started at 100%. My MCM5 with me (200lbs) ended with 20%. Brandon's MTen3 with him (50lbs) ended up with 50%!

More than anything else up to now in my life.....just to get more mileage out of my wheels has motivated me to actually lose a bit of weight.

What a weird and maybe obscure reason, but at least it's finally a motivation that might work :eff00eab1e:

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, tenofnine said:

More than anything else up to now in my life.....just to get more mileage out of my wheels has motivated me to actually lose a bit of weight.

What a weird and maybe obscure reason, but at least it's finally a motivation that might work :eff00eab1e:

I had the same thought about lossing weight to gain performance on the wheel, but for me its to get faster acceleration!

• Like 2

I am also trying my best to loose weight.

I started at 116kg and now i'm at 104kg since December.

It's hard but you immediately see difference with the wheels,
maneuverability, stability, everything is better and easier to perform!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Lefteris said:

I am also trying my best to loose weight.

I started at 116kg and now i'm at 104kg since December.

It's hard but you immediately see difference with the wheels,
maneuverability, stability, everything is better and easier to perform!

Yea indeed.

Of course it's a bit different when you are used to carrying the weight naturally, but I did a test run where I carried 20 pounds of groceries (in a nice supportive hiking backpack) 2.2 miles on my EUC and just that bit of extra weight made me feel twice as heavy. I could feel the imprint of the pedals on my feet, turning and mount/dismount felt unfamiliar, my knees and calves felt so much more fatigued. Balancing and handling was surprising similar which is a credit to how amazing these wheels are, but I definitely felt the difference from a physical point of view. 

I want to lose about 10 pounds, unfortunately this might be hard since I'll be gaining muscle simultaneously. I want to be able to do idle tricks and switch between forwards and backwards faster and I think that little bit of weight loss will help reduce strain on the motor and MOSFETs.

Edited by tenofnine

I've experienced that with shopping and extra weight.. and when i left the bags at home and drove off, man oh man i felt like i was a bird or something.

We really need to be extra careful when carrying weight on the wheels, they are not designed for extra than expected plus we are not used to have things hanging from our hands and our back. We may loose our center of balance!

Anyway, it's great that i can now climb the stairs easier, mount the wheel for more hours straight, about the knees oh God i remember how it felt.. now it's like i don't feel anything! :P 

Yea I learned my lesson very early on about carrying things, I figured it would be a bad idea but I tried to carry a large box home from work (to use for shipping stuff) and I had it to one side under my arm. Well of course I was going top speed and it acted like a sail and almost instantly as I accelerated made me almost fall off to the right, I had to quickly lean hard to the left to compensate . Felt like I was sideways to keep upright, and for some weird reason I instinctively sped up instead of doing the logical thing - slowing down. I luckily safely bailed and ran off plus did a roll, the rest of the ride home I held it behind my back with no problems. I've never had any problem carrying weight in my back pack though, I don't get close to reaching the weight limit for my wheels even with payloads.

The only thing I carry in my hands now is a drink or maybe one small item that won't catch air resistance. I don't carry bags ever since that seemed like a bad idea to me, most places are really cool about me having a back pack (I always ask them if they want me to leave it at the front or w/e)

Edited by tenofnine

On 4/27/2019 at 6:28 PM, pico said:

Super! Talented family! I guess your bro is really enjoying your 16S :)

Haha, thanks pico! Hes loving EUC's in general, but the kids caught the speed bug...he already wants an upgrade!!!

On 4/27/2019 at 7:02 PM, kasenutty said:

I wanna ride with you dudes :D

We'll make it happen at some point!

On 4/27/2019 at 9:50 PM, Rama Douglas said:

Me too! 

I need to learn to dance and idol like you first, haha. I have training to do this summer!!!

Thanks so much, friends! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, seage said:

I need to learn to dance and idol like you first, haha. I have training to do this summer!!!

Thanks so much, friends! 

Ha! All you need is the fun factor, and you sure as hell got that on lock! 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Nils said:

From the video description:

I, along with other fellow V10F riders, have suffered from the V10F's tendency to overload. I just recently got my Gotway Nikola, and while my expectations were that it would cope much better, how to know except for putting it through its paces? Thus I'm introducing the Swedish hill test (the off-brand version of the gold standard test from @Marty Backe's overheat hill), where I basically run both wheels up and down a somewhat steep hill like a simple minded oaf trying to see if and when they croak:

Some data about the conditions, to the best of my knowledge:

• Temperature: 9-10 degrees C (~50F), i.e. a pretty cold day as far as over-heating tests goes
  • Lap length (from lowest point to the peak): ~500 meters (~ 0.3 miles)
  • Average incline: 11 degrees
  • Elevation difference: 62 meters (204 feet)
  • Weigh-in fully geared and with backpack: ~94 kg (207 pounds)

Now, this is not really an MTV generation video (more like slow TV meets EUC), so while I don't want to necessarily give out any spoilers I'd say for the benefit of the impatient that the results are about what you expect, with the Nikola coming out on top.

(Shout-out to fellow V10F sufferer @maltocs!)

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Rainu said:

Have created this video with the insta PC app. Default export settings and uploaded to YouTube.

Has anyone an idea why the quality is so poor? Same Video uploaded to facebook has much better quality.

Youtube has worsened the quality of the uploaded videos, I guess in order you to subscribe to his premium service.

1 hour ago, Augus said:

Youtube has worsened the quality of the uploaded videos, I guess in order you to subscribe to his premium service.

Do you wait for Youtube to fully process your video and then assign the quality of the video you want displayed? Sometimes YT will default a video to a lower quality until you change it. ( I have found this out the hard way).  I went directly to Youtube to check your out video and it appeared to be set at 720p. 

22 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Do you wait for Youtube to fully process your video and then assign the quality of the video you want displayed? Sometimes YT will default a video to a lower quality until you change it. ( I have found this out the hard way).  I went directly to Youtube to check your out video and it appeared to be set at 720p. 

Shure, but, the problem is that the video is too much compressed. You can see it in scenes with lots of moving trees...

Yt has a too low bitrate...

Edited by Rainu
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rainu said:

Shure, but, the problem is that the video is too much compressed. You can see it in scenes with lots of moving trees...

Yt has a too low bitrate...

YouTube sets the available bitrate based on your bandwidth. I have no problems watching 4K videos on YouTube. I have a 100-mb service at home. 

• Like 2

@Marty Backe Yes, i know. I have a fast internet at home too, 500mb...

Look at this video with 1024p on a big monitor. Until  0:10, the quality is poor. Its because there are lot of trees moving fast. Youtube can't compress this enough.

After 0:10, in the open field,  there are much less moving items, so YT can compress more and the quality is much better.

If i would drive slower in the forest, less moving details, better the quality...

I will try with vimeo, perhabs they are compressing less..

Edited by Rainu
  • Like 3