THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

10 hours ago, Jimmy Chang said:

Got about 40 miles under my belt and I'm starting to love this EUC thing! Just waiting for my full face helmet to get here so I can send it to the next level.

Learning....

My current goal is to actually be able to do the splits. I took gymnastics and Taekwondo when I was young and as a result I'm still kind of limber, but no where near even being able to do splits. Then I read that it can be accomplished in a few weeks or a month, I figure it would help avoid injuries as well being that flexible. Not only that but I figure it's a really surprising trick for a dude to be able to split...even though women only have a small advantage concerning the innate flexibility of those muscles.

Oh and I'm also learning Japanese and German, I know Spanish from growing up in San Antonio. Basically I've come to the conclusion these 3 languages seem the easiest and most fun for English speakers to learn. So far that seems true, if I accomplish what I am going for I can fit the title of being a polyglot (which is just an obscure term for someone who knows 4 or more languages; 2 = bilingual, 3 = trilingual.)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, stephen said:

Yes i know, i cant wait for 6 months after they come out thats another summer gone.i cant understand the selling logic because if he got them straight away I'd have my name down , now I'm looking for another seller..

Ian's reply

We are holding back but also accepting pre orders, so far no one has pre ordered, If this remains the case we will not bring them in (as only worth bringing something in that people are interested in lol!)

Thanks!

Ian Sampson

Imho preordering something that isn't in production is risky. 

That said with the Brexit going on, I am not as EU citizen ordering from a country that can't get their act together and at high risk of having a no-deal Brexit. 

There are other EU sellers that has to obey to EU laws. After a Bexit, a UK dealer do not have to obey or follow EU law, especially if it is a no-deal leave.

That is also why I am in contact with an EU based dealer and asked him to let me know when he have confirmation on production start. At that date I can put up a preorder. Right now we roumers and very little confirmed details. And yet no review of a final or close to final product.

I think Ians reply is a way to push Kingsong to a better deal/terms. Plus he as dealer don't want to take cost of potential 1 batch bugs. 

Now if Police in UK decide to go Irish style and confiscate EUCs then Ians EUC business could be halted fast., no home market and being outside EU.

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, tenofnine said:

Learning....

My current goal is to actually be able to do the splits. I took gymnastics and Taekwondo when I was young and as a result I'm still kind of limber, but no where near even being able to do splits. Then I read that it can be accomplished in a few weeks or a month, I figure it would help avoid injuries as well being that flexible. Not only that but I figure it's a really surprising trick for a dude to be able to split...even though women only have a small advantage concerning the innate flexibility of those muscles.

Oh and I'm also learning Japanese and German, I know Spanish from growing up in San Antonio. Basically I've come to the conclusion these 3 languages seem the easiest and most fun for English speakers to learn. So far that seems true, if I accomplish what I am going for I can fit the title of being a polyglot (which is just an obscure term for someone who knows 4 or more languages; 2 = bilingual, 3 = trilingual.)

Love it! Polyglot... and now I've learned something today! Thanks!

Nice to see more ladies into EUC!

I never occurred to me before that the Z10 would be so adapted to grass riding. 

• Upvote 1

Its easy to understand IAN's (Speedyfeet) business model. He would like to earn a living. If we as consumers buy a first production run Wheel and it has problems, it is only an inconvenience. The seller who has to make it right might not only lose the profit on the sale but go into the red, depending on what it takes to resolve the problem. This doesn't even take into consideration all the emails he has to respond to in a "timely" manner. Jason (eWheels) will bite the bullet usually as he has a range of product sales that help off-set some of the loses, BUT, even he is not Walmart and had to draw the line with the Z10.  Better to lose money from loss of sales than to lose money because of sales with all the customer management/pacification require to boot. IAN gives a "Two year warranty" on what he sells, so he can't take chances on first production runs. He did it with the KS18L because of KS's reputation but got bit in the butt, with the handle/ lockup/trolley-battery issues. A fall in the pit should sharpen the wit. Jason will roll the dice again, but be assured he is nervous and keeping a very watchful eye on the first production run of the 16X.

Edited by Jerome
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, pico said:

Nice to see more ladies into EUC!

I never occurred to me before that the Z10 would be so adapted to grass riding. 

The Z10 has been the best for learning, it's so sturdy, it's lovely over grass it is short and hard though:efefa6edcf:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jerome said:

Its easy to understand IAN's (Speedyfeet) business model. He would like to earn a living. If we as consumers buy a first production run Wheel and it has problems, it is only an inconvenience. The seller who has to make it right might not only lose the profit on the sale but go into the red, depending on what it takes to resolve the problem. This doesn't even take into consideration all the emails he has to respond to in a "timely" manner. Jason (eWheels) will bite the bullet usually as he has a range of product sales that help off-set some of the loses, BUT, even he is not Walmart and had to draw the line with the Z10.  Better to lose money from loss of sales than to lose money because of sales with all the customer management/pacification require to boot. IAN gives a "Two year warranty" on what he sells, so he can't take chances on first production runs. He did it with the KS18L because of KS's reputation but got bit in the butt, with the handle/ lockup/trolley-battery issues. A fall in the put should sharpen the wit. Jason will roll the dice again, but be assured he is nervous and keeping a very watchful eye on the first production run of the 16X.

I can't pre-order a wheel hoping others will put an order in so i can have mine ,and it might end up i never get one as he won't be getting them unless he gets pre-orders , i thought he'd get at least one , he does sell globally

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

That's about right. Deciding to the drop the Z10, when Ninebot refused to provide any parts support when Wheels were coming defective out of the box dead, was one of toughest decisions to make. It was effectively handling over all this business to my mortal nemesis over at Freemotion shop, with all the earlier buzz created from the YouTube stars Tishwan (his video has 170k views!), Marty, Duff & Chooch.

The lesson to be learned from this is, as a seller don't trust Ninebot, to my knowledge, they've screwed everyone like Ian in the past, their actions were consistent with past behaviour, despite giving it the utmost effort to make it work.

And this is taken into account. Main reason Ninebot don't taste my money.  Now sadly you operate in a different region, so I can only support dealers near me. And of course manufactor supporting a dealer network near me.

The above makes KS16X a natural choice for me. Kingsong seems the manufactor that acts best with creating a local dealer network.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

refused to provide any parts support when Wheels were coming defective out of the box dead, was one of toughest decisions to make. It was effectively handling over all this business to my mortal nemesis over at Freemotion shop, with all the earlier buzz created from the YouTube stars Tishwan (his video has 170k views!), Marty, Duff & Chooch.

I think it's very easy to become insolvent from a minor decision to stock a wheel that you made a promise (the warranty) to fix. If the manufacturer has questionable quality control, and won't even turn on the wheel and ride it ten feet to see if it works, then it's easy to see the seller going deep into the red (debt) supporting the wheel. The manufacturer has essentially shuffled the risk onto the seller, especially if it's the seller that had to put up the money up front.

• Like 1