THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

8 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

On my way to work

"the struggle is real" with your smirk. :roflmao:  I like your sense of humor.

You know you can edit out the "GoPro Stop Recording", or is that your trademark ending? ;)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

"the struggle is real" with your smirk. :roflmao:  I like your sense of humor.

You know you can edit out the "GoPro Stop Recording", or is that your trademark ending? ;)

Haha yes I have to edit it out of every small clip I make as I usually record segments. If I am out for a ride I will usually end up with 5-10 clips and all of them end with Gopro stop recording. I usually will remove that part of the clip. I sometimes keep the last one to indicate the end of the clip and to illustrate that I use voice commands. Also in this case it was particularly funny as I asked the camera to stop recording as a truck passed by and I had to repeat myself once the truck had passed. It was funny in my head at least. I recorded the footage because I was going to have a short walkthrough of iMovie with the company CEO. He asked if I could show him how to edit his skiing movies that he records on his GoPro. He had been using his iPhone to start/stop the GoPro as well as start/stop record. Poor guy. Now he knows that he can do it with voice commands. :clap3: Imagine the hassle haha.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

On my way to work

I really like this video. Good balance in different clips, different views and a teaspoon of added humour.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

I went for a ride with my new work colleague Filip. I took the MSX and he took the OneWheel+ XR.
The OneWheel tilt me back at 24km/h. It barely tilts him back and he can easily push through without even noticing as he weighs 90kg + clothes, etc.
The total ride distance was 16km before the battery died.
Here's what happened:

His (nick)-name is Filip Fallwell...😜 Always good to see a smile after a wreck! That was from battery suddenly depleting?

Edited by Rama Douglas

1 minute ago, Rama Douglas said:

His (nick)-name is Filip Fallwell...😜 Always good to see a smile after a wreck! That was from battery suddenly depleting?

He is a very athletic guy and very young.
Back when we were all immortal we would do the same things.

The battery was freshly charged. That was from him pushing it beyond it's spec!
His total riding time on a OneWheel is before this was 5 minutes.

I can barely reach top speed on that thing without getting scared senseless.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mike Sacristan said:

He is a very athletic guy and very young.
Back when we were all immortal we would do the same things.

The battery was freshly charged. That was from him pushing it beyond it's spec!
His total riding time on a OneWheel is before this was 5 minutes.

I can barely reach top speed on that thing without getting scared senseless.

I do want to try one of those! Yes, speed is very scary on these things. Anything over like 22mph feels pretty scary still. Or maybe like you say, because of my "not so much immortality" anymore...🤪

4 minutes ago, Rama Douglas said:

I do want to try one of those! Yes, speed is very scary on these things. Anything over like 22mph feels pretty scary still. Or maybe like you say, because of my "not so much immortality" anymore...🤪

After the crash we just kept on riding. I set Darknessbot to 24km/h and stayed around there. At some point I cruised at 26 (I saw later on the GoPro overlay) and he was right behind me.

OneWheel is a lot of fun and a nicely engineered product. EUC however has destroyed OneWheel as it's cheaper, faster, better range, more power and can do anything OneWheel can but better. The OneWheel+ XR was intended for my wife but in the end she prefers her $600 electric longboard. She is 38 but was also a reckless driver and had no trouble zipping around at 40km/h on it. Until she fell at 20km/h. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Great video capture. It looks like he had an armored jacket on?  If that happened to me I'd still be laying there :lol:

Well I seem to recall someone who kept filming and riding despite barly being able to lift his arm...for several weeks after a "roll".:clap3:

Any new videos in pipeline for release?:popcorn: 

For some reason tv programs here in Sweden got 50% more boring in waiting for fantastic EUC weather day.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Well I seem to recall someone who kept filming and riding despite barly being able to lift his arm...for several weeks after a "roll".:clap3:

Any new videos in pipeline for release?:popcorn: 

For some reason tv programs here in Sweden got 50% more boring in waiting for fantastic EUC weather day.

Well, I just released a 360 video yesterday and I have a couple of group ride videos being edited :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

Good thing he managed to roll and slide out of that fall. Otherwise he could had taken som seroius damage.

He is very good at sports. He plays soccer so I am pretty sure he is used to rolling and sliding. I took a lot of risks when I was younger as well.
Back when I felt alive. I am beginning to question things now.

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Great video capture. It looks like he had an armored jacket on?  If that happened to me I'd still be laying there :lol:

Yes I got to borrow a motorcycle jacket from a friend of mine. It was a bit cold today so he accepted the offer when I asked him if he wanted to borrow it.
Haha yeah he was going pretty fast but he just fell/slid/rolled got up and laughed.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

He is very good at sports. He plays soccer so I am pretty sure he is used to rolling and sliding. I took a lot of risks when I was younger as well.
Back when I felt alive. I am beginning to question things now.

Yes I got to borrow a motorcycle jacket from a friend of mine. It was a bit cold today so he accepted the offer when I asked him if he wanted to borrow it.
Haha yeah he was going pretty fast but he just fell/slid/rolled got up and laughed.

It looked like he did initially hit on his shoulder. I bet he wouldn't have popped up so quickly if he didn't have your jacket on. Good for him in wearing it :thumbup:

4 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

It looked like he did initially hit on his shoulder. I bet he wouldn't have popped up so quickly if he didn't have your jacket on. Good for him in wearing it :thumbup:

Good point! He did well during our workout afterwards so he should be 100% fine. And I even think he landed on his bad shoulder.
I let him ride my MSX a bit but he just likes the snowboard/skateboard feel of things.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

He is very good at sports. He plays soccer so I am pretty sure he is used to rolling and sliding.

If he is a soccer player, then he was probably just faking the whole thing...   :facepalm:

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, tessa25 said:

As my youtube career comes to a shaky beginning (I know, don't quit the day job).

Electric unicycle day 7

I don't know how to post a youtube video.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iE6MDKPjA0A" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just paste the plain URL from your browser address bar and it will show as a video ... 

• Like 2