THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

1 hour ago, Moltimondi said:

Sorry guys,

it looks like I am riding around like a pirate but that Insta 360 camera creates a perspective distortion. Pavement looks much narrower that it actually is. I have been riding on that same path for over two year now, twice a day, and I get nothing but smiles from people. I never ever put anybody in danger especially mothers with babies in strollers. I was also very surprised when I looked at the video because in a lot of passages it seems like I am much closer to people or obstacles than I actually am. If you see the other video made with gopro on that same path you will see that the sidewalks are indeed much larger than they actually appear on the insta 360.

Peace

I did notice that people didn't seem concerned as you went past them, so the camera does make things look faster and distorts distance. Peace.

• Like 1

RaceRender of video clips and the GPS track data from a 14 mile ride along the coast, heading south towards Boston.

GPS track data was from Geo Tracker which does not show zero speed at rest.

See 01:08 in the video.....

The solution is to use the app GPS Logger instead.

Edited by Bob Eisenman
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Girth Brooks said:

I never get much attention other than: "What is that thing?" In Tennessee, if you're not driving an auto then you are either invisible or just in the way.

I got the chance to ride in front of a cop twice today. The first time I pulled out in front of a cop while waiting my turn at a red light. He followed me as I rode down the middle of my car lane for about 1/2 mile at 20 - 25 mph. I was going the same speed as the car in front of me. I turned and he kept going. The second time a cop followed me threw a mall parking lot from Best Buy to Stake n’ Shake ( about 1/4 mile) He got caught up in traffic. I did not)  If I were on a bicycle my behavior would have been the same. I wave to cops all the time. They just wave back. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

I got the chance to ride in front of a cop twice today. The first time I pulled out in front of a cop while waiting my turn at a red light. He followed me as I rode down the middle of my car lane for about 1/2 mile at 20 - 25 mph. I was going the same speed as the car in front of me. I turned and he kept going. The second time a cop followed me threw a mall parking lot from Best Buy to Stake n’ Shake ( about 1/4 mile) He got caught up in traffic. I did not)  If I were on a bicycle my behavior would have been the same. I wave to cops all the time. They just wave back. 

I bet you are kicking yourself for not recording this. I’m not sure anyone on the forum has ever submitted a video with cops following them.  Hopefully the next time you’ll capture it. :popcorn:

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I bet you are kicking yourself for not recording this. I’m not sure anyone on the forum has ever submitted a video with cops following them.  Hopefully the next time you’ll capture it. :popcorn:

I had not really thought of it. Police tend to circle the college that I was near.  Chances are I would have known the cop that followed me 1/2 a mile. The police are a friendly active part of the community here. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Rama Douglas said:

I need to find a perfect loop trail like that! Awesome EUC terrain!

Now that you have the wheel, hopefully you'll be able to join us on some similar routes like that, which we have plenty of in Southern California, including lots of trees.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Now that you have the wheel, hopefully you'll be able to join us on some similar routes like that, which we have plenty of in Southern California, including lots of trees.

I'm game whenever my schedule allows! I have more time typically during summer months and in December...😎

On the off-roading tip, I sure hope we get some more options in the near future. If this ever gets rolled out, I'm soooo throwing down! 

Screenshot_20190219-164339.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Demargon said:

Awersome monocross arround the Valmayor lake with 12 EUC riders

Awesome gathering! Unfortunately my group rides involve our family dogs chasing me around the backyard. :crying:

Edited by Rehab1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Rama Douglas said:

I'm game whenever my schedule allows! I have more time typically during summer months and in December...😎

On the off-roading tip, I sure hope we get some more options in the near future. If this ever gets rolled out, I'm soooo throwing down! 

Screenshot_20190219-164339.png

Is that your screen saver? Did you try hitting the ‘Help’ prompt to place an order? ;)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rama Douglas said:

Just found out that I'm going to be near Griffith Park this Saturday morning (~10am). Are you up for a ride? I'll be on the KS18XL.

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Moltimondi said:

Sorry guys,

it looks like I am riding around like a pirate but that Insta 360 camera creates a perspective distortion. Pavement looks much narrower that it actually is. I have been riding on that same path for over two year now, twice a day, and I get nothing but smiles from people. I never ever put anybody in danger

Except for here where you ignore the fact that you don't have right of way and need to perform evasive action or you are on top of the car ...

266257129_Screenshot2019-02-20at16_07_41.thumb.jpg.da93e71612b0ab767b8ea8756889e041.jpg

1304961294_Screenshot2019-02-20at16_07_56.thumb.jpg.70d2b67fd638d9f38e0712d6791f8534.jpg

1 hour ago, ir_fuel said:

Except for here where you ignore the fact that you don't have right of way and need to perform evasive action or you are on top of the car ...

266257129_Screenshot2019-02-20at16_07_41.thumb.jpg.da93e71612b0ab767b8ea8756889e041.jpg

1304961294_Screenshot2019-02-20at16_07_56.thumb.jpg.70d2b67fd638d9f38e0712d6791f8534.jpg

You are correct but considering that the guy on the Cinquecento was making a left turn, was going slow and was on top of pedestrian crossing I was counting on him letting me pass. We exchanged eye contact and I must have misinterpreted his intention to let me cross. Anyhow you are right about the fact that I should have let him pass first.

Edited by Moltimondi

On 2/13/2019 at 3:46 PM, Mike Sacristan said:

I had to force myself to continue to ride seated. All I wanted to do was stand haha. I did a total of 5km seated yesterday so I will continue to practice and see where it goes.

@Mike Sacristan @stephen It's much more natural on the properly heighted sitting EUCs (KS-18S/Monster). On my KS-18S,  I hardly ever want to get back up riding standing :lol:

• Like 1

@Marty Backe my LG oled tv is missing some new 4k euc videos of your famous meetups and landscapes. 

Nothing interesting on tv channels nor Netflix. So I am calling out to you for cool videos for entertainment in this dark soon to end winter season.

:popcorn:

Ohh and of course a non-crash video from @Rehab1 doing fun stuff will asap on playlist too.:clap3:

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 2