THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

On 1/21/2019 at 6:31 PM, Rehab1 said:

Strong stuff Trya! Curious...would this be considered a windsurfer ‘faceplant’? ;)

well, this one is rather a "buttplant", but there are faceplants too, in windsurfing lingo they are called "catapults" , and they might be pretty painful too :)

• Like 3

17 hours ago, pico said:

I am just curious. Is this guy riding with the feet really forward on the pedals?

Are there many riders doing that?

If so, why?

If you stand a bit forward, my experience is that wobbling tendencies riding are less, but braking wobbles become stronger. Too far forward though, and your control suffers.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, stephen said:

Video i found on YouTube 2 falls probly first one due to lack of breaking going down the hill and lost balance 2nd fall probably the 45 degree cut off correct me if I'm wrong, overall looks fun the z10 can take some falls i think it's going to be my learning backwards and one leg and racing around curves wheel,, we'll see 😊

Super cool! Any Los Angeles riders know of a track like this anywhere locally? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rama Douglas said:

Super cool! Any Los Angeles riders know of a track like this anywhere locally? 

I do. Unfortunately it seems to be closed off to all "non-members". You'd have to sneak in somehow. I'm not aware of any "open to the public, ride whatever you want" tracks.

There is something kind of like that, off the river trail that we rode when going to the Queen Mary. I'll have to see how to get in there next time I ride that trail and scope it out.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Espen R said:

I know this isn’t a popular subject, so I really appreciate your initiative. If you love riding EUC’s please protect yourself, even if you don’t care about getting hurt, because rules and legislation hurt a lot more, and it hurts us all.

I think there are two reasons for not using proper safety gear on EUC's. Reason one might be that EUC riding causes something like Superman/woman syndrome, where the risk of getting hurt gets dangerously diminished. We are almost flying:D The other reason why safety gear is given low priority might be because we are so dim-witted and ugly, we don’t care about protecting our wits and face.

I know I suffer from Superman/woman syndrome, but I choose Ironman as my superhero role model when I ride my EUC’s;)  He can also fly! 

That's funny, I don't feel like a super hero.  I must fall into the second category.:(

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Smoother said:

So what does that make you? Captain Ugly? :D If you've got that one taken, then I'll have to go for Dr. Dim Witt.

Isn’t there room for being a bit of both? After 46 years of dim-witted accidents, there is very little chance of maintaining any sort of facial beauty;)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

All work and no play. 

You know what they say. 

Way to go to get more riders :cheers: And these guys are good if that represents first tries!