THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

16 minutes ago, ED209 said:

@Marty Backe judging by your latest video upload, it sure looks like you are back on form. 👌

Except I still can't lift my right arm very high. But yeah, I'm doing better.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fryman said:

What did the doctor say about your shoulder?

What doctor? I didn't break anything so I never sought medical attention.

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

With the money marty saved from not going for xray and medicals he can buy another wheel and safety gear 😁

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, stephen said:

With the money marty saved from not going for xray and medicals he can buy another wheel and safety gear 😁

See, Stephen gets it :cheers:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Hsiang said:

My 2 month 500 miles and completely bias =) review of the ninebot Z10!

Nice video and summary. Lovely faceplant that you showed (great that you got the footage of it). Fortunately, you have some nice safety gear that protected your butt :thumbup:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KujiRolls said:

Gotway MSuper X vs Kingsong 18XL Comparison Review

Fantastic video and review. Probably the only area that I really disagree with you is your range. Your results seem contrary to my experience with both wheels.

I'm glad you're willing to do all the high-speed testing because I just don't feel comfortable pushing those limits (too many falls I guess).

8 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Fantastic video and review. Probably the only area that I really disagree with you is your range. Your results seem contrary to my experience with both wheels.

I'm glad you're willing to do all the high-speed testing because I just don't feel comfortable pushing those limits (too many falls I guess).

Yeah, i should also mention that i probably have a higher average speed on the msx which adds quite a bit more drag. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, KujiRolls said:

Yeah, i should also mention that i probably have a higher average speed on the msx which adds quite a bit more drag. 

Yes, from my experience, when doing comparative range tests it's important to maintain the same riding behavior between the different wheels.

My Monster, with a 2400wh battery, consistently gives me less range than I might expect, but that's because the Monster runs so much faster (which drains the battery at a higher rate).

5 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Yes, from my experience, when doing comparative range tests it's important to maintain the same riding behavior between the different wheels.

My Monster, with a 2400wh battery, consistently gives me less range than I might expect, but that's because the Monster runs so much faster (which drains the battery at a higher rate).

I've tried to look up the relationship between Wind resistance and speed.  I was not successful because the internet is full of stuff I didn't want to know..  But I remember some (probably simplified) statement about wind resistance quadrupling for ever doubling in speed.  So if this is true, then (all other things being equal) a rider on a wheel will consume 4 times as much electricity at 26 mph vs 13 mph (two typically riding speeds).  So if his wheel can go exactly 13 miles on a full charge at 13 mph, he will only go 3.25 miles at 26 mph. All this assumes that other changes in efficiency with the motor do not exist at different speeds, which of course they do.  So if you're running low on juice and you're miles from home, slow down to where wind resistance is negligible.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

What was I thinking? Like, you may need rehab or something else. I do think you may have severely hit your head🙂

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Smoother said:

I've tried to look up the relationship between Wind resistance and speed.  I was not successful because the internet is full of stuff I didn't want to know..  But I remember some (probably simplified) statement about wind resistance quadrupling for ever doubling in speed.  So if this is true, then (all other things being equal) a rider on a wheel will consume 4 times as much electricity at 26 mph vs 13 mph (two typically riding speeds).  So if his wheel can go exactly 13 miles on a full charge at 13 mph, he will only go 3.25 miles at 26 mph. All this assumes that other changes in efficiency with the motor do not exist at different speeds, which of course they do.  So if you're running low on juice and you're miles from home, slow down to where wind resistance is negligible.

That's exactly right. Wind speed (from the wind and your traveling speed) has a huge impact on range. That's why I can go 45-miles on a 1000wh wheel at 18-mph, but only 30-miles when cruising above 20.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, fryman said:

What was I thinking? Like, you may need rehab or something else. I do think you may have severely hit your head🙂

Well, I've had almost 60-years to get to know my body, and I workout in the gym multiple times per week over decades. So I have a pretty good sense of injuries and how they affect my body. My recovery trajectory is still on target.

Believe me, if I had experienced any sharp pains or limited mobility I would have been to the doctor that same day.

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Well, I've had almost 60-years to get to know my body, and I workout in the gym multiple times per week over decades. So I have a pretty good sense of injuries and how they affect my body. My recovery trajectory is still on target.

Believe me, if I had experienced any sharp pains or limited mobility I would have been to the doctor that same day.

Glad your ok👍

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

You must never sit down, or sleep.  You ride hundreds of miles a week on EUCs you make EUC videos and loads of wood working videos too and you have a full time (presumed) job.  You're a freaking human dynamo.  It's a wonder you can't plug your wheels into YOU to recharge them.  Does your wife ever see you?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Smoother said:

You must never sit down, or sleep.  You ride hundreds of miles a week on EUCs you make EUC videos and loads of wood working videos too and you have a full time (presumed) job.  You're a freaking human dynamo.  It's a wonder you can't plug your wheels into YOU to recharge them.  Does your wife ever see you?

:roflmao:

3 hours ago, Nic said:

05:45 for aftermath ... 15:00 Cindy tells Duf off ... 16:45 for bruises ... only doing 15 mph

@Duf hope you recover fast. You seem more fit that me after all😁

Just one short question, if you rode an EUC do you think you could have made it, either avoiding that iron bit or going over it?