THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

To be fair (if I'm 'reading' this video correctly), they look like riding buddies and there wasn't a fall involved. All I saw was an out of control Z10. Where was the rider? I got the impression that somehow the wheel got away from him.

I'm personally guilty of having laughs at other riders expense when they fall or lose control of their wheel (I have a video to prove it). Once the assessment is made that there are no injuries (that often takes about 2-seconds), time for the laughter and ribbing. This all occurs among riding buddies, not strangers.

Just wanted to provide a counterbalance based on my interpretation of the video - I may be wrong :confused1:

I thought the same. Like dude jumped off for whatever reason and then waited until his buddy was out of the way to go grab it...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

To be fair (if I'm 'reading' this video correctly), they look like riding buddies and there wasn't a fall involved. All I saw was an out of control Z10. Where was the rider? I got the impression that somehow the wheel got away from him.

I'm personally guilty of having laughs at other riders expense when they fall or lose control of their wheel (I have a video to prove it). Once the assessment is made that there are no injuries (that often takes about 2-seconds), time for the laughter and ribbing. This all occurs among riding buddies, not strangers.

Just wanted to provide a counterbalance based on my interpretation of the video - I may be wrong :confused1:

I do think you have a point. To me it looks like a rouge wheels after the rider bailed from it. The incident doesn't really get caught on video, only the aftermatch. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm personally guilty of having laughs at other riders expense

I do remember poking fun at you... just once. :P

• Like 2

On 12/6/2018 at 1:19 PM, Nic said:

Demonstration of correct mount/dismount technique...

Some fun, but not for the person who wants to learn -  help him mount and keep him stabilized on the wheel for first few slow rides, then ask him to ty by himself by the wall, or by handrail. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

I tested my custom Z10 Light Bar tonight. I am blown away by the amount of light these little Lume Cubes generate.

Good stuff Dan, great little add on and 6000k seams right as well, not to warm or cold juts about the right temp.

Do you happen to know what cob is mounted inside that thing?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Electroman said:

Good stuff Dan, great little add on and 6000k seams right as well, not to warm or cold juts about the right temp.

Do you happen to know what cob is mounted inside that thing?

Thanks! I cannot find any info on what cob chips they used. Probably proprietary. 

1 hour ago, Nic said:

Lume Cubes have the wrong beam shape for use as headlights (dazzle oncoming traffic) ... they are area lights ... better buying a bike light.

I vacillated back and forth about which LED lights to use. These little Lume Cubes met all of my requirements: Compact, lightweight, utilize numerous mounting methods including attachment to my drones, smartphone controllable, 8 various brightness settings, easy to adjust the angle and direction. 

There is a plethora of compact LED lights emerging on the market. Hopefully my design will be the impetus for other EUC members to experiment with other lights. 

If you decide to experiment with an LED bike light attached to your wheel please share some video. 

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Thanks! I cannot find any info on what cob chips they used. Probably proprietary. 

I vacillated back and forth about which LED lights to use. These little Lume Cubes met all of my requirements: Compact, lightweight, utilize numerous mounting methods including attachment to my drones, smartphone controllable, 8 various brightness settings, easy to adjust the angle and direction. 

There is a plethora of compact LED lights emerging on the market. Hopefully my design will be the impetus for other EUC members to experiment with other lights. 

If you decide to experiment with an LED bike light attached to your wheel please share some video. 

For your purposes (filming or offroad),  Lume Cubes are ideal, but if you are riding in traffic, then I'm sure someone will let you know if its a problem. For me, one of the benefits of an EUC is I have both hands free, so I can carry a pocket torch if I need more light and point it exactly where I need it. A helmet light would also do. An external light on an EUC is lightly to be broken if you fall. I do like your mod, but I have reservations about using it in traffic.

Edited by Nic
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I grabbed this video from Facebook for those of you who don't venture there.

Wonder if I can do this with my two ACMs?  :facepalm:

Awesome. I’d go for it! :popcorn: There is still something special about the E+. 

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I grabbed this video from Facebook for those of you who don't venture there.

Wonder if I can do this with my two ACMs?  :facepalm:

Looking forward to your range test to see if you get double the range with this combo. Extreme mountain test will be interesting ... I suspect you'll prefer your Z10. :clap3:

Edited by Nic
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Nic said:

I do like your mod, but I have reservations about using it in traffic.

Thanks and have no worries about me riding in traffic at night. I’ll leave that skill up to the NYC EUC gang. 

MSX rider 39MPH/63.2KM/H rides the maximum beep 😬 @5.00 minute mark, and survives!

Video Credit: Electro Cycle 

Edited by ED209
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, caelus said:

Got a new light, Astrolux S43, and mounted it on my Msuper X for a short night ride. Got stuck in deep sand mid way. Video:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/doWCRkBNozh24aRN8

Approx 1000 lm mode. Very nice light, wide floody beam, warm tint (Nichia 219c version).

Very nice. It fits well over handle. The illumination is awesome. :cheers:

• Like 1

If you don't ride like this you will invalidate your warranty.

8 minutes ago, pico said:

Here he is doing some incredible moves...Seems to be a tester for Kingsong,

If you don't ride like this you will invalidate your warranty...:pooping: