THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

A Romanian TV show that features successful Romanians working around the world, did a feature on my boss. While I'm in the video in a few places, the camera crew caught me riding in to the office and put it in the piece. For a full 3 seconds of EUC joy (!), see 0:09-0:12 in the video:

https://stirileprotv.ro/stiri/1-decembrie/de-la-magurele-a-ajuns-in-armata-sua-si-director-la-gopro-ceo-ul-companiei-a-venit-special-la-interviu-ca-sa-o-laude.html

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Jon Stern said:

A Romanian TV show that features successful Romanians working around the world, did a feature on my boss. While I'm in the video in a few places, the camera crew caught me riding in to the office and put it in the piece. For a full 3 seconds of EUC joy (!), see 0:09-0:12 in the video:

https://stirileprotv.ro/stiri/1-decembrie/de-la-magurele-a-ajuns-in-armata-sua-si-director-la-gopro-ceo-ul-companiei-a-venit-special-la-interviu-ca-sa-o-laude.html

3 seconds of fame! 😁 Coolness. Not sure if you saw my post yesterday about Grebennikov, but with you being a physics guy, was wondering if you knew of him, and what you thought of his work, which was heavily influenced by studying scarabs and how they made "levitation" possible through sound frequencies. Pretty awesome stuff! We should take a few pages from his studies and make a levitation uni-bot!     

😎

Edited by Rama Douglas

6 minutes ago, Rama Douglas said:

3 seconds of fame! 😁 Coolness. Not sure if you saw my post yesterday about Grebennikov, but with you being a physics guy, was wondering if you knew of him, and what you thought of his work, which was heavily influenced by studying scarabs and how they made "levitation" possible through sound frequencies. Pretty awesome stuff! We should take a few pages from his studies and make a levitation uni-bot! 😎

I wasn't aware of Grebennikov, but from my brief search it appears his work has never been replicated. The scientific method works by publishing your findings and then other researchers shooting it down, or duplicating the results. Without independent verification, the work can be dismissed.

Search for Cold Fusion by Fleischmann and Pons if you want a good example of work that could not be reproduced.

• Like 1

Plenty of reasons for work like his to be swept under the rug, unfortunately. I actually do work with sound and will have to research more in the future to see if I can replicate. My buddy who turned me on to him is way more familiar with the work of Grebennikov than I am, but I feel like he was certainly heavily censored...

12 minutes ago, Rama Douglas said:

Plenty of reasons for work like his to be swept under the rug, unfortunately. I actually do work with sound and will have to research more in the future to see if I can replicate. My buddy who turned me on to him is way more familiar with the work of Grebennikov than I am, but I feel like he was certainly heavily censored...

What reasons would those be? In a world of 7.3 billion people, there would be plenty of researchers wanting to make a name for themselves by duplicating this work, and plenty of startups wanting to get rich with products based on this work.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jon Stern said:

What reasons would those be? In a world of 7.3 billion people, there would be plenty of researchers wanting to make a name for themselves by duplicating this work, and plenty of startups wanting to get rich with products based on this work.

Absolutely! Bummer is that governments still program people with fear and they don't want to lose their power over the control matrix. This is all a convo for elsewhere than the video thread, but I'll just say this, my good friend's grandfather invented a hydrogen fueled engine. He was ready to go public with his ingenuity, and guess what? His life was threatened and was told to desist. Unfortunately, the oil companies didn't want that kind of competition. Suppose our government knew that people started catching on to the "secrets of the Universe" and everyone started dabbling in anti-gravity, levitation, etc. While times are obviously changing for the better now, around Grebennikov's time, governments would not have liked that to become mainstream. Catch my drift? 🙃 

Edited by Rama Douglas

33 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Not often does it hit 55 degrees in December where I live so I rode yesterday using the Insta360 One X.  In some footage the One X and selfie stick are attached to a special camera mount fastened to a backpack. Just another stupid invention. :)

Nice :D. You were holding the stick sometimes though, right? Hard to tell, but your hands looked clenched most of the time, but maybe that's just because your fingers were freezing :cry2:

Do you think you could mount a 9-foot pole to get a little more separation? Certainly nice to have your hands free - just don't fall or your camera is toast for sure. I'm still thinking about getting the X, but I'm paranoid about ruining the lenses.

Nice wheel BTW :thumbup:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Flyboy10 said:

Little snippet of how awesome the KS 14D is (for a first wheel).

Nice riding, and my kind of trail :thumbup:. Love the scene of your wheel careening down the trail without you. The KS shells/wheels are tough for sure.

@Rehab1 Excellent 360 in the Ferrari over the finish line! You are very talented buddy. I envy you!👌

Very well edited also. 

Edited by Edddeus
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Nice :D. You were holding the stick sometimes though, right? Hard to tell, but your hands looked clenched most of the time, but maybe that's just because your fingers were freezing :cry2:

Thanks. The first half I was using the backpack mount (never again). .Maybe the Flexmeters give the illusion of hand clinching. Yes the stick was held in my right hand during the second half. There is one shadow shot that looks like a spear coming out of helmet. That’s the backpack mount.

Do you think you could mount a 9-foot pole to get a little more separation? 

I had planned to use the 9 footer and my Mavic but when I returned to the truck the battery had died. :furious: To date you can’t buy spare batteries or the recharger. I’m on Insta’s waiting list.

Certainly nice to have your hands free - just don't fall or your camera is toast for sure. I'm still thinking about getting the X, but I'm paranoid about ruining the lenses.

Hopefully my Ortho Gods prevent another full scale fall. I’m sorry that I haven’t tried out the protective Venture case to evaluate the degree of distortion. That would be an option to help relieve your paranoia.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Edddeus said:

@Rehab1 Excellent 360 in the Ferrari over the finish line! You are very talented buddy. I envy you!👌

Very well edited also. 

Thanks. Not totally sure how the short clip of burning tires fits into the video but to me it felt like a free ride. Suppose I could have used a floating hot air balloon or a gliding eagle shot. What can I say.....I love fast cars!:)

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Thanks. The first half I was using the backpack mount (never again). .Maybe the Flexmeters give the illusion of hand clinching. Yes the stick was held in my right hand during the second half. There is one shadow shot that looks like a spear coming out of helmet. That’s the backpack mount.

I had planned to use the 9 footer and my Mavic but when I returned to the truck the battery had died. :furious: To date you can’t buy spare batteries or the recharger. I’m on Insta’s waiting list.

Hopefully my Ortho Gods prevent another full scale fall. I’m sorry that I haven’t tried out the protective Venture case to evaluate the degree of distortion. That would be an option to help relieve your paranoia.

Yeah, if you ever get some time I would LOVE to see a little comparison of the video quality with and without the case. Or just your comments would be welcome.

I did see the shadow shot which for a moment made me think that you have mounted the stick to your helmet :lol:

Sure is a nice camera. Sucks that they make it work with swappable batteries yet can't make the batteries. Other camera manufacturers manage to have all the accessories available upon release. That's one clue that it's a Chinese company :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Yeah, if you ever get some time I would LOVE to see a little comparison of the video quality with and without the case. Or just your comments would be welcome.

Sure thing. It is on my list Marty. Unfortunately my honey do list (not you;)) is growing. 

• Like 1

Z10 crash 

Crash happens around  the 3 minute mark

Video Credit: Electro Cycle 

Edited by Edddeus
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Edddeus said:

Z10 crash 

Crash happens around  the 3 minute mark

Video Credit: Electro Cycle 

Everyone needs a friend like that.:wacko:

45466880284_a83372c190_b.jpg