THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

3 hours ago, Edddeus said:

Speedyfeet Faceplants!

Sorry to see this. Glad Ian is ok after this faceplant. Hope they can finish the trip. They have invested a lot of time and energy into this 1000 miles trip.

However for me this accident does not look like a joke. 2600GBP wheel is a big box with crap inside.

No waterproofing at all. Poor cabling management. Shell can be broken if wheel falls on the floor at home.

Investing 2600GBP into a piece of junk is only small part of the problem.

More serious issue is a lack of safety with this wheel. No reliable over current/ overheating protection. 

Failure can happen anytime.You may be thrown  on the ground in the middle of car traffic. 

Would Speedyfeet still recommend this wheel to their consumers after this faceplant?

Is it fair to continue selling this wheel on the official web site?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Kva said:

Sorry to see this. Glad Ian is ok after this faceplant. Hope they can finish the trip. They have invested a lot of time and energy into this 1000 miles trip.

However for me this accident does not look like a joke. 2600GBP wheel is a big box with crap inside.

No waterproofing at all. Poor cabling management. Shell can be broken if wheel falls on the floor at home.

Investing 2600GBP into a piece of junk is only small part of the problem.

More serious issue is a lack of safety with this wheel. No reliable over current/ overheating protection. 

Failure can happen anytime.You may be thrown  on the ground in the middle of car traffic. 

Would Speedyfeet still recommend this wheel to their consumers after this faceplant?

Is it fair to continue selling this wheel on the official web site?

This 1000-mile trip was many many months ago. He's finally getting around to publishing the videos now.

That's a matter of opinion of course. I don't think it's a piece of junk. The Monster has proven over the last couple of years to be one of the most reliable wheels that Gotway has made.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Harry Powell said:

Well, new to the forum and thought I’d share my first try at some tricks.  Only about a month under my belt on the euc.  But learning quickly with all the posts here.

Only after one month? Very good!

You seem to have all the fundamentals right.

Congrats!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

This 1000-mile trip was many many months ago. He's finally getting around to publishing the videos now.

That's a matter of opinion of course. I don't think it's a piece of junk. The Monster has proven over the last couple of years to be one of the most reliable wheels that Gotway has made.

I agree, this is footage that was recorded a while ago but has only just been released. The Monster is still an amazing wheel, yes it does have it's flaws but the benefits outweigh  the negatives in my opinion. 

@Kva

The hill that they travelled on looks pretty steep. Gotway have stated that you should not exceed inclines of 20 degrees or more, they did. If you push the boundaries with any wheel then this will happen. There is no wheel perfect wheel out there.

Edited by Edddeus
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Harry Powell said:

Well, new to the forum and thought I’d share my first try at some tricks.  Only about a month under my belt on the euc.  But learning quickly with all the posts here.

That is pretty good.  I should start learning one leg and backward riding on my Glide 3 like you.  I have been putting off learning new tricks.  I just want to excel at going forward first LOL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Edddeus said:

If you push the boundaries with any wheel then this will happen.

Not quite. Other brands than Gotway don’t generally blow a Mosfet ot melt the cabling when over-stressed. As a Gotway user myself I definitely feel that Gotway is at the bottom of the brands when it comes to behavior under failure or an over-load situation.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, stephen said:

I'm not defending just stating some obvious but yes it was a steep hil,l Ian was up and down them throughout the 1000 miler plus a big plus ian weighs 190+ lbs and with his back pack on he must be over 300lbs easy with all that gear on  i guess he pushed it to far 

Obviously it has been pushed too far as the mosfets have been blown. However the consumer cannot measure if it is 20 or 22 degrees incline. If the wheel is going and is not emitting any warning about the overload, it means the conditions are fine. There are many wheels that are properly dealing with overload conditions by emitting warning sounds and doing a tiltback.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Edddeus said:

There is no wheel perfect wheel out there.

Agree. On another hand this does not mean that engineering standards can be completely neglected.

No waterproofing, poor cabling management, no overload protection.

There is no competition in >1600Wh wheel market. Even with significant engineering flaws , the Monster is still the best wheel in it's class. There are no other wheels to compete with. 

Forgot to say nothing compares when it comes to speed and range of the gotways. I think the new z10 would be in the same ball park with its large tire and is most certainly a better built wheel but gotway ruined me with its speed and range . Cant see giving up my range and speed as I would be always riding at the max speed wanting more which in my opinion is no fun. So if you want a z10 dont by a monster first.

• Like 2

I would love to have the wheel with 2400Wh battery. However after seeing disassembly videos of the Monster I do not even consider buying it.

I have Z10 for more than a month. The range of Z10 is not comparable with the Monster. 1000miles trip is not doable with the unicycle which has 30miles range and 8hours charging time. Z10 is not good for such trip. Apparently the Monster is not good enough either. :)

I just hope where will be similar quality unicycles like Z10 in the future with ~2000Wh batteries.

My first wheel was a ninebot e+ and was the best there was at the time . I cant argue. Ninebot is the best made wheel of them all . If they could match the range and speed of the gotways there would be zero competition . There would be no thinking which wheel to buy . I think thats all there is to choosing a wheel is quality , speed , and range , unless you add size for being able to carry and store during trasportation. one more thing is size for being able to do circus like tricks , as some people have crazy abilities , I sadly cannot learn on the monster as I dont have the money to buy multiple cases at  $200 a set . I also let my ninebot e+ sit to long and messed up the battery pack so cant use it for practice of these skills now. Sad to say I still cant even ride backwards yet , too afraid to bust my only wheel , cant live without it now. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dismason said:

I like your style to tell your story! Good work, keep going in the same style!
Kind regards from Finland
Carl

Thank you! glad you enjoy the video. Still learning both to ride the wheel and how to make these videos. but its been fun!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Harry Powell said:

Welcome Mr Powell or should we call you Captain as it appears your an airline pilot. Excellent! You learn quickly. I'm sure you profession has helped. 

• Like 1