THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

12 hours ago, who_the said:

Mostly electric skateboards depicted here, but camera operator (me) is on an EUC. :) 

I really like this video, seems like it really captures what it is like to be riding those boards around. Curious to try one now.

Edited by winterwheel
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

On curvy downhill roads EUC's and electric boards are often faster than cars/trucks, due mostly I think to the heavier mass of the car having to negotiate the curves at a slower speed.

Just by myself I'll take up a whole lane, but if I see a car in my mirror closing in on me, I'll pull to the side.

Would have loved to see this recorded with the 360 camera and the long stick.  With the  same angle would show off the view of the mountain.  Would be amazing!  

I don’t have any mountain sides here unfortunately.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, stephen said:

so i got my insta360 one x this is my first video I'm a total noob when it comes to editing but then again I've never tried it that's the reason i wanted the insta it's all done on the phone , I'll try mess with settings later and change things see what they do .

anyway here's a straight out of the box video I'll post more later 

Some people may not agree, some people may think I am flat out wrong and even that the wind picked up by the microphone is annoying, what do I know?

But imho I actually kind of like the low volume of the background music and that it is not overpowering in any way, I know about 0 about video editing too and not in the know how groups so to speak so just speaking of my own taste here watching EUC videos, I like it, I like that you let through so much real time audio when video was recorded. Makes it authentic somehow, don't need so much editing if the video is great to begin with but again, this is just me and I don't do videos so..

Good job.

• Upvote 2

On 10/18/2018 at 8:47 PM, jfree13 said:

Does your board crew live in an area where they are allowed to take up and impede two lanes of traffic or is everyone’s board rigged to go the posted speed limit?

Good questions. See that logo painted on the ground in the thumbnail? That indicates that this lane is intended to be shared between bikes and cars. Under California law, electrically motorized boards are essentially equivalent to bicycles and afforded the same rights. And yes, if you note the speedometer near the end of the video, we are all capable of traffic speeds.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, who_the said:

Good questions. See that logo painted on the ground in the thumbnail? That indicates that this lane is intended to be shared between bikes and cars. Under California law, electrically motorized boards are essentially equivalent to bicycles and afforded the same rights. And yes, if you note the speedometer near the end of the video, we are all capable of traffic speeds.

That's awesome, must be why it is so pricey to live there, you get what you pay for!

5 hours ago, FrankFilmer said:

Lookin' like I'm the last Rylo'er left in town. 

Shouldn't be a problem though... due to my freakishly thick skin and all. ;)

I just received a replacement unit from the company today due to a variety of random glitches I've been experiencing in my videos that show only show up post rendering.

Here's another test video that was shot w original camera. I must say that I've been really happy with the quality and functionality minus the glitch problem.

As far as the lens scratching issue...an anything goes/ 4 year/ $50 insurance policy fixed that problem for me lickety split.

ps ... OUTCAST !!!  If you're reading this come on back man!!  Don't let a couple people's opinion shake you out of such a fantastic resource for euc fanatics. come on!!!

We can team up and make cinematic history PNW style... think about it.:efefb6a84e: 

Man, this video really sucks.

Just kidding :lol: Actually, I haven't seen many Rylo EUC videos. I really like the colors, saturation, etc. of this video. And I had a laugh with your  little lens mishap and cleaning, midway through :D

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Actually, I haven't seen many Rylo EUC videos.

@Alien Rides shoots Rylo for the majority of his work. The stabilization was groundbreaking, though others are catching up and close now. The founder's PhD thesis was on stabilizing video, then he founded the company. :o 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, FrankFilmer said:

As far as the lens scratching issue...an anything goes/ 4 year/ $50 insurance policy fixed that problem for me lickety split. 

Where do you find this insurance plan? I've already scratched my Rylo lens twice, and had to pay $150 each time to get it fixed ?

49 minutes ago, stephen said:

Beautiful time of year to be riding. Looks like a great place to ride, although deep leaves can hide all kinds of treacherous items :cry2:

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Alien Rides said:

Also, here was my last 360 "Raw Cut" footage on the Rylo if you're curious. I was riding a scooter, so I don't think I posted it here:

Too bad it was cloudy. I was hoping to see how it did with a bright Sun in the sky. Any very bright lights (Sun, street light at night, etc.) really deteriorates the stitching seam on the Insta360 One. Otherwise, nice 360.

10 hours ago, FrankFilmer said:

ps ... OUTCAST !!!  If you're reading this come on back man!!  Don't let a couple people's opinion shake you out of such a fantastic resource for euc fanatics. come on!!!

More members on the forum need to express their feelings. We not only lost one member but 2. Sad! 

• Like 1

Here's a low res, canned music, AI edited, test video with some direct sun if this helps.

I can post some higher res stuff later. Too beautiful right now...gotta get out and ride.

Edited by FrankFilmer
  • Like 2