THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

32 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Are you happy with the Tesla?

If you have a chance, try to see if you can find someone with an ACMv2 that may let you try it... I think the 16" wheels are the best all around size... I started with a KS 16S which I love, I bought a Tesla recently which is super nice but still a little new but an awesome machine (it is taking me a little to get used to the upper pads on my calfs)... 2 days ago, I got my ACM which I traded in my 18S to get and I really like this wheel... I went on a 22 mile ride this morning and it may be my favorite wheel... the 1600 battery gives it killer range and it is just so smooth and solid. If you want sporty and don't care about big distance, you can't go wrong with the Tesla...

43 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

We have electric scooters as well that max at 20-22km/h and sure it's good for a short run at the shop but nothing that gets our adrenaline pumping haha. :)

The MCM5 is just flat out "sport" on steroids... not huge distance and it is a 14" wheel, but fun factor and throwing it around is #1!!!  Keep saving, if you get hooked, you will own a few wheels... and the MCM5 would help with your adrenaline pump... :thumbup:

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Marcglider said:

If you have a chance, try to see if you can find someone with an ACMv2 that may let you try it... I think the 16" wheels are the best all around size... I started with a KS 16S which I love, I bought a Tesla recently which is super nice but still a little new but an awesome machine (it is taking me a little to get used to the upper pads on my calfs)... 2 days ago, I got my ACM which I traded in my 18S to get and I really like this wheel... I went on a 22 mile ride this morning and it may be my favorite wheel... the 1600 battery gives it killer range and it is just so smooth and solid. If you want sporty and don't care about big distance, you can't go wrong with the Tesla...

The MCM5 is just flat out "sport" on steroids... not huge distance and it is a 14" wheel, but fun factor and throwing it around is #1!!!  Keep saving, if you get hooked, you will own a few wheels... and the MCM5 would help with your adrenaline pump... :thumbup:

Thanks for the suggestions! There is most likely no chance of me ever meeting someone who will let me try their wheel as there are very few riders here. I have seen 3 riders this whole year. Two on a very cheap model, and one on a gotway. More than speed and adrenaline my wife and I like exploring and for that range and comfort is the most important. We went for a ride on our boards yesterday and I barely made it the last 1km (we did total 40km) so I had to push a bit. :P

My dream scenario would be to go on road / option to go on easy off road, cruising at most 30km/h and good range. So the ACMv2 seems to be the best match. I've had my eyes on the Tesla and lately on the MCM5. So i'll see how far I get with the Ninebot E+ that i've had for 2 weeks and then decide on my next purchase. I already knew going in that I would end up with several wheels. :) 

So why did you get the ACMv2 so shortly after the Tesla? The KS16S and Tesla have similar range with the Tesla having more speed don't they? So the Tesla after the KS16s for the speed? And the ACMv2 for the range? Like pokemon I guess you just gotta catch em all!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mike Sacristan said:

So why did you get the ACMv2 so shortly after the Tesla? The KS16S and Tesla have similar range with the Tesla having more speed don't they? So the Tesla after the KS16s for the speed? And the ACMv2 for the range? Like pokemon I guess you just gotta catch em all!

I got the Tesla to make up for the things I think are missing/lacking with the 16S... I know the 16" wheels suit me best all around... the top speed on the KS is around 21mph, it is nice but I wanted a little more speed... the Tesla has a bigger battery (21%), and doesn't reduce speed as battery gets lower like KS wheels. I was not getting really comfortable on my 18S which was my "range" wheel... so Jason let me trade it in for the ACM... I have a Z10 on order but that and the 18L do not have batteries with "range" so I decided the ACM 1600 was it for me for distance riding to replace the 18S, and I could not be happier... I think when the Z comes in, I have all bases covered, but there is a possibility I may get a MSX also... I won't decide till I get some time on the Z, I don't mind buying it but only if I am going to use it.. if the ACM does all my long distance needs well, and I love the Z, I will just wait till someone comes out with something exciting and new like the Z seems to be NOW... 

• Like 3

:blink:  :ph34r:  <dials down charisma level to 7>

———————

:popcorn:  That HP machine looks like an HP PageWide Web Press T235 or T240 HD printer.  I got one in my basement.

http://h20195.www2.hp.com/v2/getpdf.aspx/4AA6-4437ENW.pdf

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Marcglider said:

I got the Tesla to make up for the things I think are missing/lacking with the 16S... I know the 16" wheels suit me best all around... the top speed on the KS is around 21mph, it is nice but I wanted a little more speed... the Tesla has a bigger battery (21%), and doesn't reduce speed as battery gets lower like KS wheels. I was not getting really comfortable on my 18S which was my "range" wheel... so Jason let me trade it in for the ACM... I have a Z10 on order but that and the 18L do not have batteries with "range" so I decided the ACM 1600 was it for me for distance riding to replace the 18S, and I could not be happier... I think when the Z comes in, I have all bases covered, but there is a possibility I may get a MSX also... I won't decide till I get some time on the Z, I don't mind buying it but only if I am going to use it.. if the ACM does all my long distance needs well, and I love the Z, I will just wait till someone comes out with something exciting and new like the Z seems to be NOW... 

Yeah that's true I forgot about the throttling/sag on the Kingsongs. Awesome of Jason letting you trade in the wheel! The Z10 definitely looks interesting. It will be exciting to see what the final production specs look like. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dismason said:

I pressed your like button also on your YouTube channel. This video feels meaningful because you had a story to tell, and you did it very well. Good work!
Regards from Finland

Thank you, I am happy to hear! I feel like having an EUC really let me see the city in a different way and wanted some way to tell the story about a trip. 

6 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Just killing some time...

There's nothing like riding on super smooth concrete like that :thumbup:

• Like 1