THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

46 minutes ago, Gustesta said:

Needless to say the EUC is the faster one!  Kicks ass!

Of course, the EUC rider was the only one wearing full protection...

Edited by RayRay
Not even knee pads
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

What can I say....I’m a kid at heart. I thought about hanging the Mten 3 around my neck as well. 

My wife took the video.  I forgot to tell her that I had purchased the Tesla and V10F. Boy was she pissed! :furious:.

Well you simply got to teach her to ride too. So you can paint rainbows together?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Alien Rides said:

Thanks! Normally we don't stumble nearly as much, but that trail was pretty technical ? Hope people are ok with me recording them stumbling, I never asked ?

Looked like some tough navigating. I’m sure everyone will enjoy it. To be safe I’ll avoid creating any cartoon memes  :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Alien Rides said:

Epic riding with Marty and the eWheels Z10.

And after looking at some other threads I found the handles of these riders: @Marty Backe, @Arbolest, @who_the, @electricpen, and @Nevin@Tec-toyz.com

:thumbup:  :popcorn:  Great footage, and so exciting with the music - I had to watch it twice!    You guys should post more trail videos like Marty does.  That route looked really adventurous!  It's neat how it ended up at the beach.  More! More!  :w00t2:

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

It's a little tipsy during the turns it seems

A bit breezy tonight! It shows.....I guess..

You can fly or flat spin the drone (for about 6 minutes per charge) at a point but....as you go higher the control input begins to get choppy and the video feed breaks up. So....the drone has an 'orbit mode'  (continuous programmed flight input) of defineable radius and a max speed setting elsewhere. Setting the radius to a larger value (this is my 1st time trying the orbit up high) with a slow max speed should give more slooooowness.....since the circumference of the orbit increases.

The wifi runs at 5 GHz wifi. Smaller drones like Tello use 2.4 GHz wifi. At 2.4 GHz a $12 wifi repeater extender is reported to not only improve range but also the video feed and controller input quality. It runs off the USB port of a 5volt phone recharger battery + an app to connect networks.

https://www.halfchrome.com/mi-wifi/

The Xiaomi Mi wifi extender / repeater won't work with the Breeze 5Ghz wifi.

One Breeze flyer I read about is experimenting with a 5 Ghz repeater (netis WF2710)

https://yuneecpilots.com/threads/breeze-range-extender.6001/

5 Ghz wifi repeaters are not readily found by Google, AliExpress, Amazon etc.

Yuneec has just released a new beefier drone than the Breeze called Mantis Q with a HALF HOUR flight time per charge , 4k video, face recognition and voice commands.

https://www.yuneec.com/en_GB/camera-drones/mantis-q/overview.html

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

SlloooooooooooOOooow pan.  Slower.  :efef19744a:

Calculation prediction for 1 revolution per minute in orbit mode.

Circumference = (pi)*D

Circumference = (pi)*2*(radius)

At a radius of 32 feet, and at 3.3 ft/sec

Seconds=(circumference)/(rate)

Seconds=[(pi)*(2)*(radius)]/(rate)

Seconds=[(3.14)*(2)*(32 feet)]/(3.3 ft/sec)

Seconds=60.9 seconds

1 rpm is (predicted) at about a radius setting of 32 feet while at a rate setting (lowest) of 3.3 ft/sec

Yuneec Breeze:

predicted rpm vs radius at 3.3 ft/sec

Radius=16 feet = 2 rpm

Radius=32 feet = 1 rpm

Radius=64 feet = 0.5 rpm

Radius setting (32 feet) for 1 rpm @ 3.3 ft/second1 rpm radius and rate settings for Breeze1 rpm radius and rate settings for Breeze

Note: 'takeoff point' refers to the point in space where the drone operator switches to orbit mode after placing the Breeze drone somewhere in 3d space with pilot mode.

In other words the drone sits on the circumference of a circle with the default center set as a distance from the drone.

Edited by Bob Eisenman
  • Like 1

Maybe it’s just me.  I get a little motion sick after a long day at work and when low on glucose it seems.  :wacko:  I was watching it on a 21” Dell PC monitor.  The first spin I was like cool this is pretty scenic!  Woo I’m way up hiiiiighhhh!  :w00t2:  Then by the third or fourth rotation I was like get me outta this whirling aerial teacup ride of upchuckness!  :barf:  Nice location though.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Then by the third or fourth rotation I was like get me outta this whirling aerial teacup ride of upchuckness!  

Maybe I should just try the photo function.  :o)

Orbits are safe flying (in well to do Marblehead) in the sense that the drone doesn't really go anywhere except up and directly above, an Invoice important  newbie flyer concern in terms of the single battery...it's a done deal on location after a few minutes.

Meanwhile on the ground, music from a live band at the beach house across the street lent a relaxed Friday feel to the endeavor.

I thought the orbits were fast too but it was the highlight if my day.

There's a point where constructive feedback like yours is sensible

but where, after spending a few hundred bucks out of pocket (like on a retail marketed 360fly camera) the central feedback theme becomes 'I hate those curvey fisheye lens lines'...don't post.…or 'it really needs a gimbal....I'm very sensitive to vibration'.

True.... curvey lines aren't found in the Mi sphere 360 or that a gimbal really does produce nice smooth video....but the comments rejection on first try for arm chair based non monetary depleted viewers who most often post next to nothing of the same can be irritating.

A recent verbal exchange with authorities at another urban  location while using an action camera on a selfie stick to see over a wall at an airport location near parked aircraft underscores the central theme that posting content to 'social media' where global viewing by unseen, unnoticed and unfriendly viewers is considered a threat which could have legally adverse consequences for the photographer who may be primarily interested in just capturing a photo of a scene.

Edited by Bob Eisenman
  • Like 1