THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

6 minutes ago, noisycarlos said:

It really wasn't that long, that little trail definitely sucked because I kept slipping and the wheel kept wanting to get away from me, but it was only like 5-8 min. Google sent me through the shortest path, which means it was also the steepest.

Overall it was about 20 min walking before I made it to a dark road. Then about 15 min waiting for the Lyft. Could've been much longer, so no complaints here.

Great. I feel better. I had visions of you walking for an hour or more.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Michael Lutge said:

Did my first ride with the Onewheel in Portland crew last Friday, great bunch of folks, we had a blast!

OneWheel doesn’t beat EUCs in speed, range, climbing, offroading or practicality. But I still REALLY want to own one. Looks extremely fun. The better ones just cost as much as high end unicycles ?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, UniVehje said:

OneWheel doesn’t beat EUCs in speed, range, climbing, offroading or practicality. But I still REALLY want to own one. Looks extremely fun. The better ones just cost as much as high end unicycles ?

Totally agree, after riding with these guys I really wanted to swap and try it out.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, UniVehje said:

OneWheel doesn’t beat EUCs in speed, range, climbing, offroading or practicality. But I still REALLY want to own one. Looks extremely fun. The better ones just cost as much as high end unicycle?

I rode with some guys who had the one wheels at a film shoot the other week, and their vehicles have settings for uphill so the nose wont dive while stopping. We went into Elysian park and their One wheels were tremendous at offroad trail hills. Very stable over uneven gorges and ravines. They seemed more stable than me on my V10, and that was impressive to see going uphills I thought they would dig into.

if you have never ridden with them it is fun. They can go 25 mph so they are fine for our rides. They have range issues of only 10 miles though so that is apparently the drawback. I forgot to ask them if it can be coasted without the motor, like a regular skateboard.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

They can go 25 mph

Onewheel website says max is 19 mph. Was that some other new brand?

13 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

I forgot to ask them if it can be coasted without the motor, like a regular skateboard.

Probably about as well as we coast our EUCs without the motor. ?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

This is one of the most entertaining projects I've gotten to work on so far - I met up with Aaron Kyro and his Braille Skateboarding crew in the Bay Area to see what they could do with some of our wheels in their playground. These guys only had an hour or less of practice before this game, and for a few of them (including Aaron) it was their very first attempt! Skaters usually learn pretty quickly, but it was crazy how quickly they progressed. 

<snip>

So do you think any of the Braille crew will become regular EUC riders based on this session?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RichieV said:

Wow.  So how does one distinguish between good and bad asphalt?  And how frequently is this stuff encountered?

This summer is the first that I've noticed it, but I've seen it on several streets. Maybe it new a material they're using this year?? I'm not sure. But if you see a strip of dark asphalt in direct sun around construction site (especially if it's elevated), for your own safety, I would just assume it's the softer kind and slow down/go around. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

Getting my kids hooked on EUC early...  They just learned on Airwheel X3 and Ninebot One C+, now they are on the King Song KS16 and Inmotion V10F because they were pushing tiltback on the learning wheels and getting me all nervous!  Next Gen on EUC!  

Nice.

I know you're not big on 14-inch wheels for yourself, but wouldn't a KS14 fit their frame better. Maybe even an Mten3 ;)

11 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Nice.

I know you're not big on 14-inch wheels for yourself, but wouldn't a KS14 fit their frame better. Maybe even an Mten3 ;)

14 would be the lowest I would go.  I considered the ks14s.  Will wait to see how he takes to it.  Couple of guys in nyc are selling theirs.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eddiemoy said:

Getting my kids hooked on EUC early...  They just learned on Airwheel X3 and Ninebot One C+, now they are on the King Song KS16 and Inmotion V10F because they were pushing tiltback on the learning wheels and getting me all nervous!  Next Gen on EUC! 

WOW — they are doing great!!

The KS16 looks like the 18L when they ride - relative size ?

14 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

That's perfect, build him a seat.

• Like 1