THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

4 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

Here is the take 2 video of the one I posted earlier, sound and app working.  But fell due to being too tired.  I'm OK, lost a little skin, no blood.  First time falling on an EUC.  I should have fallen many times before but was able to escape it.  Not this time.  Not sure I like this view with the app on the side, takes away too much of the view.  Enjoy...

Late to this sad event.. I’m so glad you don’t have any major injuries! I hate wobbles so watching you loose control of your V10F made me cringe! 

You atleast have a video of the wobble and your attempted inputs to recover. After watching the wobble segment numerous times IMHO the CG during your quick stop was to far rearward and as you tried to recover you applied even more rearward force. I like to ride with my knees slightly bent ehich helps keep my truck centered over the wheel. Sorry this happened!

Captured shot of your rearward tilt of heels, ankles, and legs with minimal knee bend. 

28776189678_51944712af_b.jpg

7 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

the two rides i went on on the first day i had zero wobble.  I'm still trying to figure out why I get the wobbles.  I still get the wobbles on the KS18S, but they are not that bad and I usually can stop them.  This was weird.  I do know when I'm tired especially if my legs are tired, it happens.  Have to see if changing my stance does anything.  I don't get wobbles on my KS16 at all.

Exactly, I currently ride the Inmotion V8, I love it and it is a wonderful wheel below 25 km/h. I am too scared to go beyond 25 Km/h on it. It doesn't inspire confidence at high speed. I have also never experienced severe tilt back on the pedals. Having watched your video there is no way I am going to push the V8.  

2 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

@Shad0z

I decided to buy a gimbal.  It's for a Yi action cam 'and some other action cams'. It's going to be interesting to see if my 'non-Yi' cam fits it. I think it will. Arrives Friday.

https://www.amazon.com/YI-Gimbal-Handheld-Stabilizer-Cameras/dp/B01CW4CFKO

Copenhagen....wow! Sounds nice. After a thirty mile ride yesterday I crossed paths with a girl your age riding a bicycle. She said...'cool'. I'll bet she would like a Copenhagen wheel.

i just bought a gimbal for my phone 

coincidence? :D 

and when girls see me riding they usually be like "nerd" or a few thinks its cool but i can clearly hear in their voice while whissing by that they hoped for a motorcycle :P 

Edited by Shad0z

10 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

I still havent checked the tire pressure

i know ur a lot lighter than me but like the tire on our 18s, it doesn’t have a air pressure range, it has a specified air pressure, 40psi. i think the 18s is 40psi. 

i think the sidewall stamp says 75kg max load so that’s about 120 pounds net for the rider at the sidewall pressure at 40psi. 

i run my tires at 10% over max or sidewall stamp air pressure recommendation, since i know i’m over max weight at 200 pounds for the rider.

i’m pretty sure the tires are purposely underinflated so they don’t explode during transport.

i’d definitely inflate the tire to the correct pressure before riding it again. it very much changes the ride characteristics.

v10f tire:

20180509_132329

18s tire:

IMG_4849.PNG.2e97272800ae80ce7a0943ad8640e6c8.PNG

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

well. the danish really are creative :D 

That is why we have built-in encryption to our language ???

• Like 2

Looks like your way to far back in the lean at 5:19 where your toes are off the front of the pedals and there is little down pressure to keep the wheel tracking straight.

Glad your OK. Your a resilient rider to get back up after a fall like that one.

E.M. wobble - crash

• Like 1

On 5/24/2018 at 12:29 PM, greenhorse said:

the guy describes in detail how human tissue looks after exposure to radiation

Half value layer is a term used to describe the relative 'strength' of different kinds of radiation. This (half value layer) means the thickness of a material required to stop (absorb) one half of the radiation emitted from a source. Some radiation types are stopped by a sheet of paper.

https://www.mirion.com/introduction-to-radiation-safety/types-of-ionizing-radiation/

A lot of isotope work done in laboratories with P33 or P32 (phosphorus 33 or phosphorous 32) or with S35 ( sulfur 35) (DNA labeling) is done by placing a not too thick sheet of transparent plexiglass between the radiation source and the chest / face of the worker. The hands take a much higher dose.  The gonads are out of range if below the bench or behind the plastic shield.

Certain gamma ray emitters are used in blood circulation studies where the gamma emitting source is carried in the blood stream and the emitted gamma rays pass out of the body and are detected and imaged (like a picture) by special detectors. Tc99m (technicium 99 metastable)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technetium-99m

Tc99m is a decay product of Mo 99 (molybnium99). A 'column of bound Mo 99) exists in a nuclear medicine lab. When it decays to Tc99m the Tc98m can be used by eluting out the Tc99m which is an unbound element in the column. The elution process is sometimes called milking the Technitium 'cow'. Injected into a patients bloodstream the detected radiation from its decay can be detected.  

One of the first things they teach you in school with regard to cancer cells (tumors) is that they use much more glucose than non-cancerous cells, because they metabolize glucose via glycolytic pathways (low ATP relative to ox-phos pathways which shut down in cancer cells)

"metabolic activity in terms of regional glucose metabolism, which is known to be increased in cancer cells compared with normal cells. "

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3478111/

By labeling glucose with fluorine 18 (F18) and injecting the labeled glucose into the blood stream, it accumulates more in tumors which have high levels of glucose used as described above. Detectors outside the body image the F18 as it decays. Done correctly the tumors show up in the resulting pictures as locations where F18 was taken up the most.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Looks like your way to far back in the lean at 5:19 where your toes are off the front of the pedals and there is little down pressure to keep the wheel tracking straight.

Glad your OK. Your a resilient rider to get back up after a fall like that one.

E.M. wobble - crash

It's great that you are okay and you captured the moment so skillfully. :thumbup:

The footage is so good it's hard not to comment... In fact, I noticed that despite the wobbles, the camera maintained a steady position through the beginning of the fall. Perhaps, maintaining that angle contributed to an off-balance situation. :confused1:

41 minutes ago, Mark Lee said:

@houseofjob if you are ever in Utah pm me, I'll treat you to a dinner...

Very cool! I actually go to Utah every year for skiing, my folks have a partial owner condo in Park City, we should totally grab a bite! (treating is unnecessary).

I'm actually surprised at how much of a response all this got, but my hope is more riders here will pick up maybe not necessarily my hack techniques, but develop even better ones themselves (for me to learn too!), so I don't feel like I'm taking crazy pills when people say over-generalized stuff like "the Monster has poor acceleration and poor maneuvering", because that is totally not my experience.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, houseofjob said:

Very cool! I actually go to Utah every year for skiing, my folks have a partial owner condo in Park City, we should totally grab a bite! (treating is unnecessary).

I'm actually surprised at how much of a response all this got, but my hope is more riders here will pick up maybe not necessarily my hack techniques, but develop even better ones themselves (for me to learn too!), so I don't feel like I'm taking crazy pills when people say over-generalized stuff like "the Monster has poor acceleration and poor maneuvering", because that is totally not my experience.

Yes it will be great, you are in my turf here in Utah, would be my honor to treat you for all you add to this EUC community.

p.s.  I'll bring couple of my wheels so we can ride around Park City.  I use to know a restaurant owner there who would like to see me...

Edited by Mark Lee
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Here's Part 1 of my two-part mountain stress test of the Gotway MCM5. In this part you begin to see why this is the most powerful mountain trail wheel that I've ever ridden. It probably has more torque than any wheel yet made. In Part 2 you see it destroy Overheat Hill :w00t2:

Awsome, can't get over your grin... priceless...

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Demargon said:

Last downhill in my slick tire. Wait for the bloopers in the next video. Spoiler: I almost fall with my euc for a embankment

During that riding my v5F start doing a "clank" noise from engine. I do a short video to show it:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1