THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

23 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Ah, that wasn't my video.  :innocent1:  Judging by some of the signs and trucks, I think it could be Singapore, Malaysia, or maybe the Phillipines?  :confused1:  I always wear safety gear.  :efee6b18f3:

My bad! Judging by some of your verbiage and jokes I thought for sure it was you. You still deserved a rep.?

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

looks like u stop the v10f pretty good to me.

did u inflate the tire to 40 psi(minewas at 20psi out of the box) and what is ur pedal tilt setting, ie level, front down or rear down?

looks good dashing around ur neighborhood!

4 hours ago, novazeus said:

looks like u stop the v10f pretty good to me.

did u inflate the tire to 40 psi(minewas at 20psi out of the box) and what is ur pedal tilt setting, ie level, front down or rear down?

looks good dashing around ur neighborhood!

I still havent checked the tire pressure.   Pedal is level.  I did this run again because I failed the audio and app recording.  Tired, wobble and ended up falling off.   I’ll put that video up later.  

47 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

Not sure I like this view with the app on the side, takes away too much of the view.

Very cool look at the app while riding.  Maybe not for every video.  

Wow, that's a fast wheel.  No wonder it went so far after you fell off.  Lucky you were able to roll and not get hurt badly.  And you even saved the camera and phone!

The overspeed beeps were very easy to hear, your camera is very good, no wind noise at all.  

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Very cool look at the app while riding.  Maybe not for every video.  

Wow, that's a fast wheel.  No wonder it went so far after you fell off.  Lucky you were able to roll and not get hurt badly.  And you even saved the camera and phone!

The overspeed beeps were very easy to hear, your camera is very good, no wind noise at all.  

I like seeing ride metrics along with a ride video. It helps provide perspective and learn a wheels characteristics which you can't do properly while riding and holding a phone yourself. I like the Sony camera software that allows a map and GPS related metrics to be overlaid. I believe you can take regular video and data recorded from a standard GPS or GPS recording map and do something similar by using the Garmin software intended for their cameras. I keep meaning to try it.

@eddiemoy I too am impressed with the quality of the audio on your recent videos. I'm guessing an external mic? What do you use? Is the wind noise reduction simply a result of the mic being up inside the helmet?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

I couldn't understand that fall. 

I was tired, it was my second run of the night back to back to do the recording.  You can see lots of wobbling throughout the ride.  The tiredness caused my wobbles and the one that knocked me off was a really fast wobble.  It knocked my right foot off and I fell off still leaning back.  LOL

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

It is an external mic, the zoom h1 with a lav mic on my shirt.  it is more work, but makes the video bearable.  i hate wind noise and I don't have any cool audio tracks.  lol

zoom h1:

https://amzn.to/2su37Ez

lav mic

https://amzn.to/2IPfnKN

Nice setup. The quality shows and the effort appreciated. :thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Shad0z said:

Not this again.. :D 

ill be sure to pick one up :P 

@Shad0z

I decided to buy a gimbal.  It's for a Yi action cam 'and some other action cams'. It's going to be interesting to see if my 'non-Yi' cam fits it. I think it will. Arrives Friday.

https://www.amazon.com/YI-Gimbal-Handheld-Stabilizer-Cameras/dp/B01CW4CFKO

Copenhagen....wow! Sounds nice. After a thirty mile ride yesterday I crossed paths with a girl your age riding a bicycle. She said...'cool'. I'll bet she would like a Copenhagen wheel.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

@eddiemoy glad you're relatively ok. Don't ride in crocs man (at least at speed), no ability for minute foot manipulation (heel-toe), almost as bad as flip-flops.

Also, I personally could never ride any InMotion wheels with feet so close up against the side shell, this contributes to the wobbling (as well as if you do parallel feet positioning)

I doubt it's the rubber pedal inserts.

Many first-time InMotion owners are not used to thin wheels, being used to the super-thick style Gotways, King Songs, etc., so often complain of wobbles.

Key IMHO:

• wider feet / leg positioning, never right up against the shell (obviously within what your body physics allows)
  • always favor more weight on one of your legs (basics of skiing technique)
  • .... and .....

This is how I ALWAYS ride! 

If you ride typically with set-it-and-forget-it-feet, equally parallel in the same mirrored position on the pedals, you create only one pivot point of weight equilibrium, which means your body weight, to change the equilibrium in a controlled fashion, has to rock back its full movement range, however minute, to change force manipulation of the gyro, causing unnecessary delay. 

When you ride offset feet, one foot up, one foot back, you create 2, instant pivot points, where you can transfer your weight much more controlled and faster to more quickly change force manipulation of the gyro.

This positioning, which I kind of refer to as 'riding diagonally' (also pivoting your body a bit as if you were riding a board), also helps eliminate wobbles at all speeds.

Thanks Chris, I was thinking it was my fatigue.  But now that I think about it, the day before when I was riding around the parking lot, I might have had a slightly looser stance.  Will test it out.

Interesting technique about staggering your stance.  Need to try this out also.

Edited by eddiemoy
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

Here is the take 2 video of the one I posted earlier, sound and app working.  But fell due to being too tired.  I'm OK, lost a little skin, no blood.  First time falling on an EUC.  I should have fallen many times before but was able to escape it.  Not this time.  Not sure I like this view with the app on the side, takes away too much of the view.  Enjoy...

Good job getting back on the horse ASAP. I suspect the wobbles is due to pushing performance and getting fatigue. How is your TSG Pass helmet holding up? I do hope you yourself are fine despite the scratching in pride. 

(Pad on shoulder)

15 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

@eddiemoy glad you're relatively ok. Don't ride in crocs man (at least at speed), no ability for minute foot manipulation (heel-toe), almost as bad as flip-flops.

Also, I personally could never ride any InMotion wheels with feet so close up against the side shell, this contributes to the wobbling (as well as if you do parallel feet positioning)

I doubt it's the rubber pedal inserts.

Many first-time InMotion owners are not used to thin wheels, being used to the super-thick style Gotways, King Songs, etc., so often complain of wobbles.

Key IMHO:

• wider feet / leg positioning, never right up against the shell (obviously within what your body physics allows)
  • always favor more weight on one of your legs (basics of skiing technique)
  • .... and .....

This is how I ALWAYS ride! 

If you ride typically with set-it-and-forget-it-feet, equally parallel in the same mirrored position on the pedals, you create only one pivot point of weight equilibrium, which means your body weight, to change the equilibrium in a controlled fashion, has to rock back its full movement range, however minute, to change force manipulation of the gyro, causing unnecessary delay. 

When you ride offset feet, one foot up, one foot back, you create 2, instant pivot points, where you can transfer your weight much more controlled and faster to more quickly change force manipulation of the gyro.

This positioning, which I kind of refer to as 'riding diagonally' (also pivoting your body a bit as if you were riding a board), also helps eliminate wobbles at all speeds.

I've always ridden my V8 with my feet placed identically on the pedals. Heel in with the padding of my walking boots against the shell and toes pointing out in a V. Most of the ball of my foot hanging over the front of the pedal. Rest of the wheel floating between my legs. I'm going to have to try going wider and diagonal. You are right that I use my entire body to control the wheel and that just means slower responses to shift all that mass around. I've not had any problems so far but have found my foot position means I over accelerate the 800W V8 a lot (warning beeps from over-current) and braking is not as quick as I'd like. Great tips. Thanks.

• Upvote 1

@eddiemoy, I too am also glad you are okay, but really, someone like you with your high level of skill should not be falling over like that. I feel like the wheel was at fault and not you. This wouldn't happen on your KS18s even if you were tired. 

Edited by Edddeus
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Edddeus said:

@eddiemoy, I too am also glad you are okay, but really, someone like you with your high level of skill should not be falling over like that. I feel like the wheel was at fault and not you. This wouldn't happen your on a KS18s even if you were tired. 

the two rides i went on on the first day i had zero wobble.  I'm still trying to figure out why I get the wobbles.  I still get the wobbles on the KS18S, but they are not that bad and I usually can stop them.  This was weird.  I do know when I'm tired especially if my legs are tired, it happens.  Have to see if changing my stance does anything.  I don't get wobbles on my KS16 at all.

1 minute ago, eddiemoy said:

the two rides i went on on the first day i had zero wobble.  I'm still trying to figure out why I get the wobbles.  I still get the wobbles on the KS18S, but they are not that bad and I usually can stop them.  This was weird.  I do know when I'm tired especially if my legs are tired, it happens.  Have to see if changing my stance does anything.  I don't get wobbles on my KS16 at all.

Best tip I can give you with my n00b experience...But might work just as good for you as it did for me. Got this by reading riding dynamics thread. 

Step off the wheel. I rest my toe front top on the tarmac and kinda move feet around in a circle maybe 10-20 sec. Then the other foot

Then I step back on the wheel.

It does 2 things for me. 1) I get a new feet/balance position. 2) I get blood flow back briefly in my fatigued foot/shine.

I guess a new wheel you new to adjust muscle memory. The heavier the wheel it the move I would expect it to impact. I could be wrong but this seems to move my riding to a more relaxed posture.