THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

Yes, esaj is correct!  I love this little thing.  It's a 14" wheel so it's not THAT tiny - the wide angle perspective exaggerates that a bit. It does, indeed, pack quite the punch.  It's basically the Gotway 14" motor from before the MCM4 if that tells you anything. The difference is a pedal tilt-back safety feature that takes a little speed off the high end (a worthy trade off if you ask me..)  Of course, now there is an 800W version available that will destroy it in speed and acceleration, but this 500W version feels incredible. I was around 24 kph in the fastest sections of that video.

• Upvote 3

I'm not entirely sure I understood the question but, I will try to answer :)
The rubber is in the air about two meters. It may take more each flight, but the next jump is too close.

Here you can see the deer really often, even in the city.
So it must not be miraculous. And they are often a lot of time. A few times had to change the route when the deer are so many.
Hares in that trip I saw about 20.
Moose here in the city, close does not see often.

Now I have ordered a new camera GoPro Hero4 Silver, so I can get better video than before.

• Upvote 1

We had our "Car-Free" day in my city. I wanted to get a straight shot of the 2.5 miles and it was just a big coincidence that when I started recording the MC saw me and asked what I was riding. Ran into a OneWheel and BoostedBoard rider. EcoReco was also there promoting and giving free rides.

• Upvote 2

what breath-taking footage! i watched more than half of the video without audio and when i put my earphones on, I was surprised to hear the music! i actually thought i would hear more of a lower bpm song. something more to the effect of this song FF7 Overworld Main Theme.

Regardless, very nice! It looks beautiful there

@dmethvin I appreciate concern, but I'm conflicted on the issue, really. The reason I don't wear one is because I stick to the sidewalk 100% of the time, just like a pedestrian. Yes, I'm moving faster than pedestrians, but I take great care when approaching and crossing intersections because cars are not expecting a fast moving object to cross. So I slow down closer to pedestrian speed when crossing. What I'm doing is really barely putting me at more risk than being a pedestrian, IMO.  I'm even safer than pedestrians at night because I wear lights and glow strips on my upper body along with my lights on my wheel. :)

• Like 1

We had our "Car-Free" day in my city. I wanted to get a straight shot of the 2.5 miles and it was just a big coincidence that when I started recording the MC saw me and asked what I was riding. Ran into a OneWheel and BoostedBoard rider. EcoReco was also there promoting and giving free ride

What app are you using for this that shows speed and start and goal as you recorded?

Edited by Coolesnce

On 15/08/2015, early in this rainy sunday morning (so, very close to the original conditions!), Nicolas, Ugo and me did a slower remake of the mythic long sequence shot "C'était un Rendez-Vous" of Claude Lelouch with our electric unicycles... ;)

You needed a beautiful woman to come up the stairs and embrace you at the end. Or did you cut that part off? :P