THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

1 hour ago, myfunwheel said:

For those of you who are interested in Gotway's 2016 version MCM4......tested and approved!

Hy myfunwheel,

i didn't look the complete Video....so perhaps you mentioned it somewhere...but:

just for the ones who know a littlte about this MCM4:

Is it a Version 1 or Version V2? Version 2 HS? Because that makes a LOT of difference ;-)

@myfunwheel wondering how is your action cam rigged to the selfie stick. How are you switching the angle showing your wheel from the front ( camera pointing the wheel) and then suddenly facing the street all by itself without the wheel in the frame? Is it in the editing or, are you mechanically switching on the selfie cam mount? A picture would be perfect. Thanks!

Edited by Planetpapi

1 minute ago, Planetpapi said:

@myfunwheel wondering how is your action cam rigged to the selfie stick. How are you switching the angle showing your wheel from the front ( camera pointing the wheel) and then suddenly facing the street all by itself without the wheel in the frame? Is it in the editing or, are you mechanically switching on the selfie cam mount? Thanks. 

Hello, and thanks for the great question. So I have a 3-axis gimbal that I rigged up to a selfie stick, it's homemade but it works fantastic for about half of the cost of the store bought  units and it's more functional. This allows the camera to move around all three axes very smoothly, pitch, roll and yaw up to 270°, this makes for a wide range of camera angle option changes in real time while I am rolling.

1 minute ago, Planetpapi said:

Ha. I figured you have something like that as I can see your cam mounts in some angles. Anyway, can you post a picture or tell us how to make one? Thanks again.

Yes I would be happy to post a tutorial video, I will make one soon.

there is one last video, i would like to share with you.
this one is first clip i managed to film when learning how to ride the EUC. its the first time i felt almost certainly to take out my handy cam and take a shot... :blink:

• Upvote 1

Hi, cheap chinese camera and set to low res - will try again tomorrow if the weather is good with the res on high.... Generic 15kmh (Huwei?) unicycle on a 4mile commute - normally average 6-7mph.

• Upvote 3

you have a good looking avatar and you have good eyes B)
and yes, I added two LED stripes (50cm each, USB connector) to my GW MSuper. they are powered by a small USB powerbar, that is placed in a small handybag, mounted to the grip. very easy installation, that looks..... ah, you have build your own mind ;)

• Upvote 1

@Egbert may be you'll like what this Wheeler from Paris did with leds on his Msuper ;)

20151223_234926-512.jpg

22 hours ago, Egbert said:

it is not allowed to ride an EUC here, where I live

Wow really ? :(

Is that in whole Germany, or specific to where you live ?

There are shops (https://www.facebook.com/1radwerkstatt/?fref=nf), so are there places that are allowed like special race rings ?

• Upvote 2