THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

The rail trail that I use often has a section with emerging stones which are semi buried in the gravel. I've hit the bottom of my Ninebot pedals or plastic wheel housing more than once when I missed one of the stones coming my way. Someone recently painted the tops of the stones with orange paint as seen in the video. The paint helps a lot in recognizing them before you accidently hit them.

And more high profile rocks!

https://youtu.be/AA4IMnPcoqY

Edited by Bob Eisenman
addition of content
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Nice job Marty! In my next video I will be performing over Niagara Falls.;)

:laughbounce2:   I only wish it was closer to me - maybe not  :cry2:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CaptainKBLS said:

Didn't know you ride without protective gear!

Generally I only roll unprotected with the Mten3, where I'm not traveling very fast. I gear-up when riding my other wheels.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, novazeus said:

this real?

Seems real to me. I saw this posted on Facebook last week. I suppose it has its uses but it won't be replacing any of my wheels.

• Upvote 1

Seems pretty cool to me.  I won't be buying one, but I can see how something like this could vastly broaden the appeal of personal electric transportation devices.  The lady friends of novazeus, for instance.  I suspect they would be far more likely to step on something like this than a potentially disfiguring EUC.  

Here's one that looks like a bathroom scale for $423 USD plus shipping.  Add on a small meter at the front and freak people out riding around in your bathrobe while holding a mug and brushing your teeth.  :w00t2:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/iCarbot-Newest-Patent-4-Wheels-Self-Balance-Scooter-Hoverboard-Skateboard-with-APP-Powered-walkcar-White-mini/2403062_32725293372.html

EDIT:  Even cheaper!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/iCarbot-Electric-Skateboard-4-Wheels-Electric-Scooter-Patent-Balance-Hover-board-Skateboard-with-APP-Powered/32815695843.html

Disclaimer: I haven't dealt with these AliEx dealers so it's buyer beware of course.

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Seems real to me. I saw this posted on Facebook last week. I suppose it has its uses but it won't be replacing any of my wheels.

10 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Here's one that looks like a bathroom scale for $423 USD plus shipping.  Add on a small meter at the front and freak people out riding around in your bathrobe while holding a mug and brushing your teeth.  :w00t2:

Don't make fun of this machine!  @EUC Extreme has been spotted testing one out! :)

37035426574_d97f59722f_b.jpg

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 3

On 10/8/2017 at 12:50 PM, Jean (nhut) said:

Good viewing.

Sortie Eroue Paris 01/10/17 EUC Electric Unicycle

So many wheelers! I think Paris is the EUC capital of the world!

I noticed someone has a classic Solowheel! (4:01)

I didn't see you ride backwards this time!!

On 10/8/2017 at 2:36 PM, Hansolo said:

Sun set is earlier..... so we ride in the night on the friday evening

Same here in Greenville SC USA. I ride after work. Recently it is light for the first 30 minutes of riding, or already dark when starting to ride, depending on when I leave work.

On 10/12/2017 at 7:48 PM, steve454 said:

Protest is fine, but it hurts when they disrespect the National Anthem.

If those traitors can't stand for the national anthem, WHY ARE THEY HERE? Why did they not board a plane to whatever country is good enough to stand for the national anthem??

• Like 2

i’m thinking like in a warehouse for practical uses. speaking of warehouses, maybe for shopping in warehouse stores.like maybe u aren’t quite there for the motorized cart.

Edited by novazeus

2 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Shadow cam....

A late afternoon ride along Revere Beach.

Your getting pretty good at this video making.  For some reason there are bars on the sides.  Can only see the center third of the screen.  Is it my old computer, or is there a way to get full screen video that I don't know how to do?

Liked the way you had the sun at the back, great lighting.:)  What was the camera?  It was sharp and looked like you used a gimbal.

That is a great location, nice scenery, looks like a great place to ride.

Edited by steve454

5 hours ago, steve454 said:

Your getting pretty good at this video making.  For some reason there are bars on the sides.  Can only see the center third of the screen.  Is it my old computer, or is there a way to get full screen video that I don't know how to do?

Liked the way you had the sun at the back, great lighting.:)  What was the camera?  It was sharp and looked like you used a gimbal.

That is a great location, nice scenery, looks like a great place to ride.

Portrait (as opposed to landscape) mode and YouTube does not end up full screen. It's just the orientation of the camera I used and not your PC. While it looks full screen on the phone which was held in portrait (typical talk position) YouTube isn't flexible that way.

In video jargon I think the size, codec and orientation that YouTube video uses is called 'the container'. Since the video container is rectangular (landscape for desktops)  the upright phone video only fits into the container by using the middle third or so with nothing on either side. ???

Camera is the smartphone that you seem to like. No gimbal , just smooth sidewalk at the beach.

Location is in the ride back from Boston heading north. It's the only way back to where I live due to inland marshland crossed by car only roads. Last week a woman' s body washed up on shore!! 

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2017/10/12/body-female-discovered-revere-beach/okBMCcTREtdjcu6c09oO8L/amp.html

• Upvote 1