THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:w00t2: I had the perfect image all ready to post up, but then I remembered I promised to tone things down as not to scare away new female members.  :cry2:  I'll keep that slightly naughty idea safely locked up in my mind palace.

:roflmao:

26 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

I wasn't really thinking it was too heavy to add to the wheel, but rather if you wanted to remove it during a ride, it would be heavy in your bag.  I've never ridden with a seat, so I have no idea if you'd actually want to remove it or not at any point.

Certainly with the Monster you never have to remove the seat unless you want to lift it via the handle - not recommended unless you want to develop a hernia :). The seat does not get in the way of riding while standing up.

• Upvote 1

On ‎19‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 4:07 PM, MaxLinux said:

After riding the MSuper V2 for 6 weeks, I rate its hill climbing performance as noticeably, but not amazingly, superior to Lhotz. To me it feels about 10% stronger on hills. That doesn't sound like much of a difference, but I've found it's enough of an upgrade to be worthwhile. Bear in mind I am commenting on V2, not V3.

That is how I felt. I think the Lhotz is fantastic on hills (and off road - due to the 2.5" tyre), but the small battery makes it a challenge - long hills (or fat unicyclists) need to pull more power than the battery can sustain. 

The larger reserves of the MSuper is what makes the difference!

2 hours ago, Dingfelder said:

Looks cool either way to me.  Same with the Kingsongs.  

But my new all-black MSuper looks positively ominous.  If I ever get rolling on it, I expect civilians to shrink away in fear.

Nah, civilians love the MSuper over all my other wheels. It easily gets the most attention.

Whenever I take pictures of it in front of something, it looks tiny, like a clubbed baby seal. It just feels so powerful and evil when you ride it, but seeing it on its side it is not very big at all.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, KingSong69 said:

a VERY nice KS18S video from a EUC community member called Phillipe Chiu:

Great video!  I just received my KS18s and I love it.  I'm very impressed with it compared to my previous Gotway wheels.  I like your custom red accents.  Is that vinyl wrap?  I'm trying to figure out the best way to customize my wheel.

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, n2eus said:

Another offroad adventure in O'Neill Park on my Gotway Msuper3.  Recorded with DJI Osmo.  Edited with Blackmagic Design DaVinci Resolve 14.

This is very cool video! it must be fun encountering beautiful wild animals, trail looks fun and most of all... everything's green...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, n2eus said:

Another offroad adventure in O'Neill Park on my Gotway Msuper3.  Recorded with DJI Osmo.  Edited with Blackmagic Design DaVinci Resolve 14.

Great video. O'Neill Park was next up on my list of parks to explore. Now I know I'm going to ride there. Do you have a suggestion on where to park & ride?

• Upvote 1

O'Neill is my favorite, because it is shady, cool and flows nice.  I'm always happy to ride there with others.  There are many parking options, but I park at the end of Live Oak Canyon Trail (Avenida Empresa):

RSM.jpg

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, n2eus said:

O'Neill is my favorite, because it is shady, cool and flows nice.  I'm always happy to ride there with others.  There are many parking options, but I park at the end of Live Oak Canyon Trail (Avenida Empresa):

RSM.jpg

Could you attach the Google Earth file to this post so I can study it a bit more? It's about a 25 miles ride?

Do you want to do a group ride there? Morning/afternoon? I tend to prefer early starts to avoid the heat of the day, that's why I schedule most of my group rides at 9am.

• Upvote 3

@Marty Backe, yes I prefer cool comfortable mornings also.  Every morning.

There are many files for different portions.  Here is the ride I did yesterday.  You can drag it onto google earth to create the waypoints and track.  For a group ride I recommend adding Tijeras Creek to make it longer with a good amount of off-roading.

Rode 12.98 mi on 7-21-17.tcx

Edited by n2eus
clarity
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, n2eus said:

@Marty Backe, yes I prefer cool comfortable mornings also.  Every morning.

There are many files for different portions.  Here is the ride I did yesterday.  You can drag it onto google earth to create the waypoints and track.  For a group ride I recommend adding Tijeras Creek to make it longer with a good amount of off-roading.

Rode 12.98 mi on 7-21-17.tcx

I'm automatically in (with my broken monster)

• Upvote 1

On 7/20/2017 at 0:34 AM, Sven said:

find a plastic molding guy to make a transparent shell and install some neon lights inside just like my pc.

Actually that has potential to be a very cool mod! Someone should definitely try it, maybe with LED for light source? The entire shell wouldn't need to be transparent. It could be a window like with PCs.

Edited by MaxLinux

On 7/22/2017 at 11:56 AM, KingSong69 said:

a VERY nice KS18S video from a EUC community member called Phillipe Chiu:

Riding to Work with KS18S - 2017.07.19

I like those red accent pieces!

That was a very well-done video. It shows how practical EUCs are, and fun at the same time.

Edited by MaxLinux