THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

2 minutes ago, steve454 said:

At a little after the eight minute mark, the very steep downhill.  Then, the trail got narrower and fainter, until you guys were carrying the wheels.  You'd think by now you guys would know when to turn back.:roflmao:  Great video, you guys have so many good places to ride!

LOL B)

22 minutes ago, steve454 said:

At a little after the eight minute mark, the very steep downhill.  Then, the trail got narrower and fainter, until you guys were carrying the wheels.  You'd think by now you guys would know when to turn back.:roflmao:  Great video, you guys have so many good places to ride!

I was depending on @Sven for navigating this ride, but it all turned out OK in the end, and we have another story for the campfire :D

We do have endless riding trails in California. I realize that I'm spoiled. Trails to keep me busy for years and beautiful weather year round B)

• Upvote 1

On 7/16/2017 at 5:28 AM, Marty Backe said:

Thanks everyone for joining me on this beautiful day for a trip around Griffith Park. 10 riders is a record turnout for Southern California :clap3:

Evening Group Ride at Griffith Park

Great ride! It was fun to see The Fat Unicyclist in the group! Marty looked like Moses guiding his people out of Egypt!

EveningGroupRide.jpg

Edited by MaxLinux
  • Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, MaxLinux said:

Great ride! It was fun to see The Fat Unicyclist in the group! Marty looked like Moses guiding his people out of Egypt!

EveningGroupRide.jpg

:roflmao:Oh, you really got me laughing with that description :D

On 7/17/2017 at 6:24 AM, The Fat Unicyclist said:

I think the power on the hill was marginally better

After riding the MSuper V2 for 6 weeks, I rate its hill climbing performance as noticeably, but not amazingly, superior to Lhotz. To me it feels about 10% stronger on hills. That doesn't sound like much of a difference, but I've found it's enough of an upgrade to be worthwhile. Bear in mind I am commenting on V2, not V3.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Luiz said:

Really inspiring . Love the good spirits that transpire from your videos . They are a lesson about how fun this hobbie can be when we can share it with friends . Congratulations for all in your group :thumbup::clap3:

French meetup in Nertherlands Amsterdam - Den Haag the 17th of june
Amsterdam - La Haye 17 06 2017

Yes, Luiz summed it up perfectly! It looks like wheelers in France and Netherlands are building a connection!

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Jean (nhut) said:

Look, it does not make you want?

10ème sortie Grand Quart Nord Est à Strasbourg 09/04/2017 (EUC Electric unicycle)

Yes, definitely! The EUC community in France is one of the best, so lively and fun! Thank you for this very enjoyable video!

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Sven said:

Chino Hills State Park Adventure with @Marty Backe on 7/16 

Overall, fun ride with a little taste of cogswell dam lol ;)

Excellent video! I love your little comments along the way! I have a feeling Marty might sit on his wheel the next time.O8iIIoE.jpg

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Excellent video! I love your little comments along the way! I have a feeling Marty might sit on his wheel the next time.O8iIIoE.jpg

@Sven really has the "riding while sitting" technique down. He actually climbs hills easier now with the Monster than I can. I'm actually tempted to get a Monster seat myself.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

@Sven really has the "riding while sitting" technique down. He actually climbs hills easier now with the Monster than I can. I'm actually tempted to get a Monster seat myself.

Please do get it! I'm sure you will do whole lot better than me. 

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

It does seem to be the one aspect of riding that you have left out. 

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Why don't you make one out of some light but strong wood, and glue some seat cover material over it and staple it at the bottom.  It would tie in with your woodworking channel.

15 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Why don't you make one out of some light but strong wood, and glue some seat cover material over it and staple it at the bottom.  It would tie in with your woodworking channel.

It would certainly be cheaper than buying one.  The price has gone up to $85 USD lately, which seems a crazy amount for just a small section of fitted foam.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Normally, I would not be a fan of mixing the two, but in this case, it could be cool since you are an actual woodworking master. 

Only issue I see is weight compared to the OEM which is quite light. 

Edited by SuperSport
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

Balsa wood is very light.  But thinking about it, high density styrofoam would be even lighter.

Edited by steve454

2 hours ago, SuperSport said:

Normally, I would not be a fan of mixing the two, but in this case, it could be cool since you are an actual woodworking master. 

2 hours ago, Dingfelder said:

It would certainly be cheaper than buying one.  The price has gone up to $85 USD lately, which seems a crazy amount for just a small section of fitted foam.

2 hours ago, steve454 said:

You guys have given me an idea. Spending $85 on this piece of rubber is keeping me from pulling the trigger. At 2400wh I'm not really worried about adding a few pounds by using a wooden seat.

It's not as simple as you might think though because the rubber seat has protrusions within the slot that snap into the hole that's formed by the handle. That's what keeps the seat secured to the Monster - it's not just loosely attached.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

It's not as simple as you might think though because the rubber seat has protrusions within the slot that snap into the hole that's formed by the handle. That's what keeps the seat secured to the Monster - it's not just loosely attached.

I wonder if you could secure the seat with perhaps leather ties or something strong like that.  If you:

1.  cut something to fill the space under the handle and perhaps protrude out sideways a bit

2., then drilled a few horizontal holes in it

3., then made your seat to fit over the top of the handle and drop down to meet the sides of the item you stuck under the handle

4.  then drilled holes in that to match/align with the other holes in that filler object

5.  then tied it all tightly together with perhaps leather thongs

... you wouldn't need to make your seat piece actually go under the handle.

Really you just need to secure the sides and guard against too much front to back movement, but there's more than one way to go about it.

Edited by Dingfelder

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

You guys have given me an idea. Spending $85 on this piece of rubber is keeping me from pulling the trigger. At 2400wh I'm not really worried about adding a few pounds by using a wooden seat.

How about using one of these ? I'm just throwing things at you lol

what I learned from the past experiences is that the original is always the best solution, maybe I'm not skillful enough... :(

IMG_5291.PNG

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dingfelder said:

I wonder if you could secure the seat with perhaps leather ties or something strong like that.  If you:

1.  cut something to fill the space under the handle and perhaps protrude out sideways a bit

2., then drilled a few horizontal holes in it

3., then made your seat to fit over the top of the handle and drop down to meet the sides of the item you stuck under the handle

4.  then drilled holes in that to match/align with the other holes in that filler object

5.  then tied it all tightly together with perhaps leather thongs

... you wouldn't need to make your seat piece actually go under the handle.

Really you just need to secure the sides and guard against too much front to back movement, but there's more than one way to go about it.

Be careful now - I think you probably just triggered @Hunka Hunka Burning Love

In all seriousness, your solution might be a bit more complicated than what I'm thinking.

One thing though, if I do decide to make a seat I can make it much taller and therefore more comfortable to ride for taller folks.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sven said:

How about using one of these ? I'm just throwing things at you lol

what I learned from the past experiences is that the original is always the best solution, maybe I'm not skillful enough... :(

IMG_5291.PNG

You're right of course. But $85 for a piece of foam?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

:w00t2: I had the perfect image all ready to post up, but then I remembered I promised to tone things down as not to scare away new female members.  :cry2:  I'll keep that slightly naughty idea safely locked up in my mind palace.

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Upvote 1

Maybe I should either cut the side shells to get better access using that latch (too lazy to remove 200 screws) or find a plastic molding guy to make a transparent shell and install some neon lights inside just like my pc. haha 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

In all seriousness, your solution might be a bit more complicated than what I'm thinking.

One thing though, if I do decide to make a seat I can make it much taller and therefore more comfortable to ride for taller folks.

Well I'm curious to see what you come up with.  I think there must be many alternatives that are cheaper than store-bought, at least if you already have the tools needed.

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

At 2400wh I'm not really worried about adding a few pounds by using a wooden seat.

I wasn't really thinking it was too heavy to add to the wheel, but rather if you wanted to remove it during a ride, it would be heavy in your bag.  I've never ridden with a seat, so I have no idea if you'd actually want to remove it or not at any point.

• Upvote 1