THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

On 7/7/2017 at 3:50 PM, Luiz said:

Jason , you are legend man . The euc comunity arround the world own you big deal . You are a truly pioneer and i can already see your statue on parlament square in the future , riding sideways and arms crossed.

Someday at the world's first EUC museum, put this statue at the front entrance.

• Upvote 1

On 7/7/2017 at 5:42 PM, steve454 said:

the guy rides extremely fast and is in a zone.  MSuper.  I don't know if he sped up the video, but I don't think so.

Turbo Hoover board (EUC)

I agree, I think the video is actual riding speed. I was laughing at myself in comparison to this guy. "Fast" for me is about half of his speed! I usually ride at "sightseeing speed". I like to look around and enjoy the scenery going by.

Did you see those jumps UP? He went over them as if they were flat! I liked his slalom between the trees in front of the stadium too.

Edited by MaxLinux
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

The late afternoon of July 8th the Southern California riders hosted a Griffith Park ride for @The Fat Unicyclist(far right in the thumbnail below) as he was visiting from New Zealand. Even though he had gotten off his plane earlier in the afternoon he managed the ride just fine (I planned an easy route for him :D). I think he really enjoyed the evening and I know we enjoyed his company (strange accent and all ;)). Be sure not to miss where he crashes my MSuper at ~6:30 into the video (sorry Kevin, I had to include at least one crash in the video, and you're it :laughbounce2:).

Also joining us were @who_the and @Kevin Grandon who drove all the way from San Francisco just to join the ride. Thanks guys! I still can't believe you made the drive :cheers:

And rounding out the group ride was @Stan Onymous, @jrkline, @Ando Melkonyan, @Sven, @noisycarlos, and @YoshiSkySun

Thanks everyone for joining me on this beautiful day for a trip around Griffith Park. 10 riders is a record turnout for Southern California :clap3:

Marty, how did the crash happen?  From the way the Msuper was thrashing, I assumed the peddle caught the ground?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, eddiemoy said:

Marty, how did the crash happen?  From the way the Msuper was thrashing, I assumed the peddle caught the ground?

To be fair to @The Fat Unicyclist it wasn't much of a crash. What's hard to tell from the video is the fact that it was very steep there. Kevin had never ridden an Msuper or any wheel like it until about an hour earlier. I think he just hit a large rock and it threw his balance a little. This stuff happens all the time when trail riding.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Great video @Marty Backe! Thanks for the ride, the loaner wheel, and the awesome keepsake video (I just need to work out how to download it now). 

And great to meet everyone else too - especially the SF contingent (who travelled nearly as long as me to get there - only I got to sleep on the way).

No worries about including  the "fall" - any fall that you walk away from is a good fall.

Grab a copy of 4kVideoDownloader, it's what I use.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

To be fair to @The Fat Unicyclist it wasn't much of a crash. What's hard to tell from the video is the fact that it was very steep there. Kevin had never ridden an Msuper or any wheel like it until about an hour earlier. I think he just hit a large rock and it threw his balance a little. This stuff happens all the time when trail riding.

I get tripped up riding on uneven grass sometimes and it is when I turn and hit the pedal on something.  It looks like what happened, wasn't sure.  Thanks,

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, gotmotion2016 said:

Some off riding with my acm 1600wh, QC from 7th of march.

No problems with the wheel at all, dit over 1500km since begin of april.

Love the wheel, the performance, the power, the speed and the maneuverability.

I think i can say that not all the gotway wheels have problems.

And when the acm performs how it should perform it is a great wheel to ride.

That's some great riding. Looks like you have lots of nice trails in you region. Love my ACM too :cheers:

11 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

The late afternoon of July 8th the Southern California riders hosted a Griffith Park ride for @The Fat Unicyclist(far right in the thumbnail below) as he was visiting from New Zealand. Even though he had gotten off his plane earlier in the afternoon he managed the ride just fine (I planned an easy route for him :D). I think he really enjoyed the evening and I know we enjoyed his company (strange accent and all ;)). Be sure not to miss where he crashes my MSuper at ~6:30 into the video (sorry Kevin, I had to include at least one crash in the video, and you're it :laughbounce2:).

Also joining us were @who_the and @Kevin Grandon who drove all the way from San Francisco just to join the ride. Thanks guys! I still can't believe you made the drive :cheers:

And rounding out the group ride was @Stan Onymous, @jrkline, @Ando Melkonyan, @Sven, @noisycarlos, and @YoshiSkySun

Thanks everyone for joining me on this beautiful day for a trip around Griffith Park. 10 riders is a record turnout for Southern California :clap3:

Pretty cool video. The sun and the atmosphere were just right and you got some epic shots :-)

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Oh man I just saw the video!  How did I miss this earlier?  Epic ride! :w00t2:

And at one point (4:18) it looks like @The Fat Unicyclist almost had a rear-ender close encounter with you from behind.  :whistling:  Hit the brakes man!!!  :efee612b4b:

TFU, how did you find the Msuper hill climbing ability as compared to your Lhotz?  No Griffith Observatory visit?  Good to see the San Fran people represent!  Also, whoa, even a Nineboter!  :o

914091_img2956.png

At the very end, among all of the cars, we were at the observatory, but I didn't get any of it on film. It was a fun evening ride that everyone seemed to enjoy :D

• Upvote 3