THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

20 hours ago, Demargon said:

@Merrittous MonoWheel nice ride! Take it easy, in a few time you can go jumping around the forest ?

Thanks @Demargon.  I bought the Monster for mostly that reason.  The trails are very muddy right now and are difficult to walk let alone ride.  On the plus side most of the snow is gone and it is drying quickly.  I look forward to sharing some of our trails with everyone.  Hopefully both the Monster and I make through the practice runs as I am certainly no @EUC Extreme

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Merrittous MonoWheel said:

So I tried some rougher terrain today.  I managed to take a couple of tumbles and come out Ok.  The Monster took a couple of bruises though with a cracked handle and a quite a few scratches.  I need more practice on this type of path.

Nice ride. The Monster has been waiting for you to take it into the mountains :)  Looks like some really nice paths to ride. A classic 'pedal hits boulder' fall ;)

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

Nice ride. The Monster has been waiting for you to take it into the mountains :)  Looks like some really nice paths to ride. A classic 'pedal hits boulder' fall ;)

Thanks @Marty Backe  It was fun and I did learn the hard way to make sure I know where my pedals are.  I am a little disappointed in the torque on the Monster.  I find it really difficult to get it started.  Once it is going there seems to be very little problem but that initial torque is somewhat problematic for me.  I really have to put the weight to it (in my case around 190lbs) get it moving. Have you noticed anything like that?

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Merrittous MonoWheel said:

Thanks @Marty Backe  It was fun and I did learn the hard way to make sure I know where my pedals are.  I am a little disappointed in the torque on the Monster.  I find it really difficult to get it started.  Once it is going there seems to be very little problem but that initial torque is somewhat problematic for me.  I really have to put the weight to it (in my case around 190lbs) get it moving. Have you noticed anything like that?

Regarding the torque; that's why I tell everyone that the ACM is the king of hill climbers since it has so much power - essentially the same motor (wattage) of the MSuper & Monster yet in a 16" wheel.  The MSuper requires a lot of uncomfortable leaning when climbing steep hills. The Monster is slightly worse. From my experience both wheels can climb anything that the ACM can climb but it's a lot slower and feels like you're going to fall off at any moment :cry2:

So unfortunately if I know that I'm going to be doing a lot steeper hill climbing I'll avoid the Monster and take my ACM. But otherwise the Monster is really comfortable to take on tough trails.

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, Merrittous MonoWheel said:

I wouldn't blame the monster itself for the bad torque on starting...

As bigger the wheel gets...the less torque you have in starting situations. When i first changed from my KS14 to KS18...i felt very bad about its torque! I had to learn that you have to throw in your weight on those bigger wheels, and as long as it's motherboard is able to hand the massive amount of amps, everything is fine.

i only can imagine how hard it is to keep a 22" going...even with its massive nominal Watt power.

• Upvote 3

On 3/18/2017 at 10:44 PM, abinder3 said:

Well. I decided to try part of the Aliso Creek Hiking and Riding path this afternoon.  You definitely don't want to try sections of it soon after a good rain storm.  Parts are very close to the level of the Creek.  Where I started, I actually walked my KS18B across water because it definitely looked very slippery (lots of algae covering the path where the water was going across it). 

I started just north of the 5 freeway and rode the path southwest. It was about 10 miles each way. 

IMG_3174.PNG

@abinder3, I rode the Aliso Creek Trail yesterday. Very nice. I started about where you did, rode into the foothills and then towards the beach. Where the trail ends there is a park with a very nice road (closed to traffic) that goes for a few miles almost to the beach. My ride was 38 miles. Thanks again for pointing it out to me.

I'm attaching my Google Earth track of the ride: 20170325 - Aliso Creek.kmz

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Regarding the torque; that's why I tell everyone that the ACM is the king of hill climbers since it has so much power - essentially the same motor (wattage) of the MSuper & Monster yet in a 16" wheel.  The MSuper requires a lot of uncomfortable leaning when climbing steep hills. The Monster is slightly worse. From my experience both wheels can climb anything that the ACM can climb but it's a lot slower and feels like you're going to fall off at any moment :cry2:

So unfortunately if I know that I'm going to be doing a lot steeper hill climbing I'll avoid the Monster and take my ACM. But otherwise the Monster is really comfortable to take on tough trails.

Thanks @Marty Backe.  I have read many of your comments about the ACM as a good hill climber and I have been very tempted to purchase one just because of that.  However, I do really like how the 22" wheel handles rougher terrain. I have tried a little rough terrain on my Ninebot E+ and the difference between the 16" and 22" wheels is like night and day for bumps/rocks/ruts and such. Maybe I just need to drink some more beer to gain a little front end weight to get things moving:whistling::cheers:.  I will probably get an ACM later this year.  I'm waiting until Gotway gets all the bugs worked out.  

10 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

I wouldn't blame the monster itself for the bad torque on starting...

As bigger the wheel gets...the less torque you have in starting situations. When i first changed from my KS14 to KS18...i felt very bad about its torque! I had to learn that you have to throw in your weight on those bigger wheels, and as long as it's motherboard is able to hand the massive amount of amps, everything is fine.

i only can imagine how hard it is to keep a 22" going...even with its massive nominal Watt power.

I agree @KingSong69, I don't blame the wheel for my short comings.  Interestingly enough, once the Monster is rolling it doesn't seem to have a problem.  I just need to do my part to make sure I keep things moving and the Monster will roll/jump/bounce dare I say leap up and over.  Looking forward to this summer.

• Upvote 2

Backward riding:

Back from day 6...minor improvement, still stucked on a 30 feet location, as i first wanted to get more secure.

Later tested 3 runs on longer space...best so far where about 50-60feet!

The best tip till today: Dont overthink it, relax, take a breath, and do it on your intention!

then it works like a charm, as soon as i think: do this, to reach that...its over :-)

greatest prob in the moment, is to get a good konstant speed, often going to fast or to slow!

@Marty Backe

When you start pendulum/idling backward/forward on only small distance on your exercises (as you are much further than me ) take care of temperature! i recognized the v3 gets a good amount hotter as usual...and i only done pendulum from backward to forward!

And here is not as warm as in Cali ;-)

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

@abinder3, I rode the Aliso Creek Trail yesterday. Very nice. I started about where you did, rode into the foothills and then towards the beach. Where the trail ends there is a park with a very nice road (closed to traffic) that goes for a few miles almost to the beach. My ride was 38 miles. Thanks again for pointing it out to me.

I'm attaching my Google Earth track of the ride: 20170325 - Aliso Creek.kmz

This would probably be nice mellow group ride as well. 

Allen

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, KingSong69 said:

Backward riding:

Back from day 6...minor improvement, still stucked on a 30 feet location, as i first wanted to get more secure.

Later tested 3 runs on longer space...best so far where about 50-60feet!

The best tip till today: Dont overthink it, relax, take a breath, and do it on your intention!

then it works like a charm, as soon as i think: do this, to reach that...its over :-)

greatest prob in the moment, is to get a good konstant speed, often going to fast or to slow!

@Marty Backe

When you start pendulum/idling backward/forward on only small distance on your exercises (as you are much further than me ) take care of temperature! i recognized the v3 gets a good amount hotter as usual...and i only done pendulum from backward to forward!

And here is not as warm as in Cali ;-)

Thanks for the tip with the pendulums. I've been aware that it's stressful so I'm basically avoiding them  To be honest, any 'pendulum' longer than 10 feet really isn't a pendulum in my opinion. I think I will wear my Pebble watch next practice session to keep track of the temp's - just in case. Thanks.

Glad you continue to progress. Probably your day 7 or 8 you'll being going as far as you want. Then it's time to focus on form.

On ‎26‎.‎03‎.‎2017 at 11:04 PM, Marty Backe said:

Glad you continue to progress. Probably your day 7 or 8 you'll being going as far as you want. Then it's time to focus on form.

Unfortunatly i am still strugling to go as far as i want....and i am still not on any Kind of fine Tuning. I really don't get it....I have seen Duf's video's also and the great Progress he has made after day 3 or 4. From all other "EUC abilites" i saw from him i would say that i perform a lot better, especially on mounting/dismounting in all situations....but with the backward driving itself i am having a  inexplicable hard time.

But it doesn't help....giving up is out of question :-)

Meanwhile at the same time my girlfriend is learning to ride on my V3......I have to take back everything I said about the V3 shell and its crash abilities :-)  .....so I hope my V3 lives long enough that my backward driving is not stopped because of no V3 anymore!

But when I think about it longer.....good reason to buy a new ACM 84Volt then, haha.....

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Meanwhile at the same time my girlfriend is learning to ride on my V3......I have to take back everything I said about the V3 shell and its crash abilities :-)  .....so I hope my V3 lives long enough that my backward driving is not stopped because of no V3 anymore!

But when I think about it longer.....good reason to buy a new ACM 84Volt then, haha.....

Buy yourself the ACM, replace the shells on the MSuper with Blue like mine, or Red, or Purple, or White, and give that to your girlfriend.  Then you can both ride together. ;)  Riding with someone else is WAY more fun.  Especially if you can kiss them during the ride!  :dribble:

ylAT-CQKIMd41gOWE3Ee-QNpS9lU9Muvjq-nyloujQ65HQBiUeWGuGVsA42vWF_P4YikgU6i-V4JIQNo33McM6uZAfqki7xDIFvPnKErAg7YiQh-4tNJbikJzHShWEniFD9rbD90wa3HYTzGd6lTaiTASIvdXv-H2hoJySCtuJUgl-_RY_xvxILFY7U6oGV8wNWMoPfj7Fst8icGrBCu3T40VoQ1irOZguAoeupCHZLfV5_jLgoMfuynWI5954QZawJPXn4isu1tPjoii39JAdzE3sYVT814j1xpVArQyCyWjnTmjjWG3NPVKNtX8bG0ZMiewTBIoL06uOskG1dLQ8sD-SF-OxFMQ0seTJ_K629G1Vc93XivSPdwg4GPClq9e8kB362YhrUGfTD2UVeCHi8at95RYsmrYXcr7kyToO9Oi4Upnxp6r_iD0l5DmhrL4xk3BM9mypI_lZXebJqdnNQ_eyq5BDrVKUVcI_sHqql1QhE_Fl0bQgHgdlnNWwsStiBXcJBA6QuoiWaA-9pjYXFulERTz-Wx-Yb0k30-1LgvnClDE1FThyBI_KGsvzexNAPGsPiDzQ9pg2c3rsYtrm8aEdlO0_5xl9L6cm5-EWdmjQ_cwJhw3A=w1390-h925-no

Edited by SuperSport
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, SuperSport said:

Buy yourself the ACM, replace the shells on the MSuper with Blue like mine, or Red, or Purple, or White, and give that to your girlfriend.  Then you can both ride together. ;)

We yet ride together....me on the KS18...she on the V3.

Since yesterday she can "ride" a bit alone....but her dismounting is sometimes more or less a let go of the wheel, as until now she has no real Feeling to move the heavy V3 (modified1160wh) with on leg/feet.

Yesterday -on very slow speed- she collided into my KS18 and we both have to run of the wheels.....

Hell Yeah, first time i see both of my wheels doing some high crazy Loops and bumping with full weight on the ground...but: No damage other than some scratches on both wheel. Really suprised how stable they been!!!

I have seen photos of your blue V3 before...That really looks fantastic!!! Nice Job!

But i am personnaly more into black/White combination :-)

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

My buddy has the white.  It also looks very good.  I believe you can now get the black rubber mat shells if you like that, kinda like the ACM.

Yip! The glossy shell is finished!

For the Shell Matte now black, blue, red, White is available, and for Batterie side walls only black for 680/820 and for 1300/1600wh Versions White and since a short time now black also .

My Version:

jXNV1Gf.jpg

Edited by KingSong69
  • Upvote 3

Looks good!  I would love to try the KingSong 18.  I hear it's very comfortable.  If they come out with a new version that addresses all the issues, I'd be a potential customer.  I hear there's one in the works.

11 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:
30 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

ylAT-CQKIMd41gOWE3Ee-QNpS9lU9Muvjq-nyloujQ65HQBiUeWGuGVsA42vWF_P4YikgU6i-V4JIQNo33McM6uZAfqki7xDIFvPnKErAg7YiQh-4tNJbikJzHShWEniFD9rbD90wa3HYTzGd6lTaiTASIvdXv-H2hoJySCtuJUgl-_RY_xvxILFY7U6oGV8wNWMoPfj7Fst8icGrBCu3T40VoQ1irOZguAoeupCHZLfV5_jLgoMfuynWI5954QZawJPXn4isu1tPjoii39JAdzE3sYVT814j1xpVArQyCyWjnTmjjWG3NPVKNtX8bG0ZMiewTBIoL06uOskG1dLQ8sD-SF-OxFMQ0seTJ_K629G1Vc93XivSPdwg4GPClq9e8kB362YhrUGfTD2UVeCHi8at95RYsmrYXcr7kyToO9Oi4Upnxp6r_iD0l5DmhrL4xk3BM9mypI_lZXebJqdnNQ_eyq5BDrVKUVcI_sHqql1QhE_Fl0bQgHgdlnNWwsStiBXcJBA6QuoiWaA-9pjYXFulERTz-Wx-Yb0k30-1LgvnClDE1FThyBI_KGsvzexNAPGsPiDzQ9pg2c3rsYtrm8aEdlO0_5xl9L6cm5-EWdmjQ_cwJhw3A=w1390-h925-no

My Version:

jXNV1Gf.jpg

@SuperSport and @KingSong69  all 3 wheels are beautiful.  @KingSong69 I think a black and white ACM 84 V would make a nice addition to your family of wheels.  May I ask what type of adhesive do you use to keep the bumper strips on without leaving a residue.  The tape which originally came with the bumper strips for my wheel always left a hard to remove sticky residue.

Edited by Clovis

1 hour ago, KingSong69 said:

Unfortunatly i am still strugling to go as far as i want....and i am still not on any Kind of fine Tuning. I really don't get it....I have seen Duf's video's also and the great Progress he has made after day 3 or 4. From all other "EUC abilites" i saw from him i would say that i perform a lot better, especially on mounting/dismounting in all situations....but with the backward driving itself i am having a  inexplicable hard time.

But it doesn't help....giving up is out of question :-)

Yes, you definitely need an ACM :)

Keep struggling with the reverse riding - it'll get better and better. I think I have one more wrap-up video to release. I have the basics down, now I just need to put lots of time in. I'm still not very consistent. And then when I try a different wheel than my V3 - it's awful :(

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

Yip! The glossy shell is finished!

For the Shell Matte now black, blue, red, White is available, and for Batterie side walls only black for 680/820 and for 1300/1600wh Versions White and since a short time now black also .

My Version:

jXNV1Gf.jpg

Do you like it better without the factory leg pads on the side and just the protective padding?

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Yes, you definitely need an ACM :)

Keep struggling with the reverse riding - it'll get better and better. I think I have one more wrap-up video to release. I have the basics down, now I just need to put lots of time in. I'm still not very consistent. And then when I try a different wheel than my V3 - it's awful :(

Nah backwards riding is easy if you give your brain the time to adjust to things being reversed. The problem arises when a single mistake dumps you.

The solution is easy and simple.

Take a bicycle, place it next to you, get on your unicycle, and ride backwards. Everytime you make a mistake you will not fall (usually). Within a short amount of time the brain flips a switch and then one wonders how on Earth it could ever have been difficult.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, SuperSport said:

Buy yourself the ACM, replace the shells on the MSuper with Blue like mine, or Red, or Purple, or White, and give that to your girlfriend.  Then you can both ride together. ;)  Riding with someone else is WAY more fun.  Especially if you can kiss them during the ride!  :dribble:

Right on man! My wife is hooked.. At time we ride together to work. I love it. I agree the ride is more fun with another person! haha!!

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

Nah backwards riding is easy if you give your brain the time to adjust to things being reversed. The problem arises when a single mistake dumps you.

The solution is easy and simple.

Take a bicycle, place it next to you, get on your unicycle, and ride backwards. Everytime you make a mistake you will not fall (usually). Within a short amount of time the brain flips a switch and then one wonders how on Earth it could ever have been difficult.

I honestly believe this was the best advice giving... Its literally a switch in the brain.... You have to trick your brain.....

On 3/26/2017 at 11:43 AM, Merrittous MonoWheel said:

On 3/26/2017 at 10:33 AM, Merrittous MonoWheel said:

Thanks @Demargon.  I bought the Monster for mostly that reason.  The trails are very muddy right now and are difficult to walk let alone ride.  On the plus side most of the snow is gone and it is drying quickly.  I look forward to sharing some of our trails with everyone.  Hopefully both the Monster and I make through the practice runs as I am certainly no @EUC Extreme

How do you like the seat on the monster, Is it even Worth getting?

19 minutes ago, Shabba said:

Do you like it better without the factory leg pads on the side and just the protective padding?

I've ridden them both ways. The 1600Wh with the pad removed and protective padding installed is just as comfortable as my 820Wh, if not more comfortable. 

With the original pads installed, the 1600Wh is not nearly as comfortable to me. 

• Upvote 1