THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

Here is an Airwheel Q3 dual-tire 14-inch.  This is Minnesota Digger, a treasure hunter and this video is from June 2014 which is a long time ago now and in the beginning of this video he mentioned he has ridden 160km or 100miles on this Q3 by this point and he estimates 20mile range per charge.

Unedited (no cuts) riding around demo of the Q3.  It looks like a tank doesn't it?

• Upvote 1

On 02/11/2015 20:20:56, Villac said:

@Viktiga I think the opera house by night was a wonderful choice with the city lights and the lights from the interior!

@Norwich Girl , Isn't the smooth tile floor in the mall like riding on heaven?!
it's great! But feels slippery :-)

On 02/11/2015 20:20:56, Villac said:

@Viktiga I think the opera house by night was a wonderful choice with the city lights and the lights from the interior!

@Norwich Girl , Isn't the smooth tile floor in the mall like riding on heaven?!

3 hours ago, vee73 said:

Test Run Msuper which can safely encourage more than usual. It also has a slightly higher top speed.
By raising tested 51kmh. In practice, therefore, probably 47kmh. This is still untested.
This is also the standard rechargeable batteries 850wh.
I wanted to try how it works skate ramps, and how it is able to drive the motocross track.
I was surprised how well it can perform these comprehensive. This is just awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukK0awFkx4Q

Very good Video Vee, as soon as I get a good wheel I will be up to some of your adventures in the US. I spent the day yesterday working on my backwards riding and can now go all the way down the block, not graceful yet but a big step for one days practice. I am only on my 2nd week of this new hobby but am addicted. I got a few buddies into it now so as soon as they are up to speed we will really start to explore.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, BPINE said:

Very good Video Vee, as soon as I get a good wheel I will be up to some of your adventures in the US. I spent the day yesterday working on my backwards riding and can now go all the way down the block, not graceful yet but a big step for one days practice. I am only on my 2nd week of this new hobby but am addicted. I got a few buddies into it now so as soon as they are up to speed we will really start to explore.

Well done. Good luck exercises. Do not forget to shelter :)

12 hours ago, vee73 said:

Test Run Msuper which can safely encourage more than usual. It also has a slightly higher top speed.
By raising tested 51kmh. In practice, therefore, probably 47kmh. This is still untested.
This is also the standard rechargeable batteries 850wh.
I wanted to try how it works skate ramps, and how it is able to drive the motocross track.
I was surprised how well it can perform these comprehensive. This is just awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukK0awFkx4Q

Scene at 1:55 was epic! :lol:

• Upvote 2

@SlowMo , I use these wrist guards:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3hk6PX6kpk  (Pro-tec IPS wrist guards)

under these gloves:

http://www.amazon.com/Fashion-Military-Tactical-Airsoft-Protection/dp/B00PBK9SRK (Tirain Tactical Full Finger Riding Gloves with Knuckle Protection)

It is a bit hard to pull the gloves over the wrist guards, and when it is on my hands feel splinted, which I hope means there is some good protection. I like having separate guards and gloves because on a hot day it is nice to go without gloves.

My son uses the Hillbilly integrated glove and wrist guard and likes it.

@Henrik Olsen , great to see so many enjoying wheels together! Thanks for sharing. (But the young people and how natural they ride makes me feel old!).

• Upvote 2

I put up some photos on the Gotway review thread, but here is a short video of my first seated ride on the Gotway Msuper2 MS 850 Wh. I made the saddle out of the foam in which the EU was packed. It took cutting out a space for the trolley handle, cutting out a portal to reach the power button, lift by the round handle, and see the power meter LEDs. The block of foam is several blocks fit together so I glued the seams.

I think it needs an outer layer of duct tape. I can fasten my phone using the two bungees that run over the front part. I shaped out indentations on either side which make a nice spot to squeeze in on with legs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lkwRwZjYEA 

• Upvote 1

This played on Good Morning America today. It is about 2-wheel SBUs. (with no mention of EUs) They said that USA consumer protection had received 8 reports of ER visits for "hoverboard" injuries, the worst were ankle fractures, some requiring surgical treatment. It matters because legislation/restrictions for SBUs will likely apply to EUs. From the video, I would think that the body part most at risk of injury was da butt.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/concerns-hoverboard-safety-35301827

• Upvote 1

On 11/17/2015, 1:13:48, Villac said:

Here is my first attempt off-roading.

https://vimeo.com/145921156 

I have been eager to do this ever since I received my Gotway Msuper2 MS 850 from @johnc415 . My son followed along on mountain bike to film. At the end I'm filming with the GoPro attached to my left glove.

Things I learned:

@vee73 is a Thor-like god. He makes rough terrain, speed, and bumps look easy.

The Msuper is really really powerful. It easily dug into slopes of 30 degrees.

I need a more aggressive tire: often the limitation on slope was when the road tire lost traction and spun in mud.

It is possible to exceed the MSuper's capability on a downhill: on one down slope of 45 degrees, it just released and free-wheeled forward.

I thought I was going to have a relaxing ride compared to my son, but off-roading takes a lot of energy in the core, I was sweating by the end.

The MSuper is tough. I have it padded/taped on the perimeter and protruding bits, but it DGAFudge about the rolls and bumps I put it through.

The 850 Wh battery is boss. I had barely any voltage drop with 3 hr in the woods.

I need to add pads for my legs to grip on the lateral surfaces of the EU: on steep uphills, it was hard to tip forward using only feet.

Much fun was had, I'll be out there again!

Chris,

This is awesome, I'm stoked to see you take it on the offroad here on the state side. Of course @vee73 is the EU offroad hero but was very curious to see how it fared in US terrain. What tire do you use on the your VSpeed MSuper @vee73? I'm supposing its not the standard stock from GW?

It's amazing to see you tap into its other potentials too, including the padded seat riding. Seems a bit low for extended rides, no?

• Upvote 2