THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

3 minutes ago, Anik said:

youtube]

This has got me so excited and i cant wait for my wheel to arrive :)

The new forum software seems to behave differently with Youtube inserts: just paste the link into your normal text (not "Insert other media") and it will embed it automatically.

@Anik

Edited by Tilmann

2 minutes ago, Anik said:

youtube.com/watch?v=PWaZd_N0D1c

Hope this one works!

Hmmm, worked for me today. I'm afraid, you broke the internet. :D

Lemme try: https://youtube.com/watch?v=PWaZd_N0D1c

kaputt. niente. nada. defekt. Sorry.

1 hour ago, Jag_Rip said:

I dont know but for some reason whenever I hear the track from the second video, Powerdrills and Bikinis come to my mind...

But aside from that, cool videos @Norwich Girl

hahaha! (Construction workers wearing speedos and hardhats). Also, has anyone here tried video recording peoples faces after you pass them? The reactions on their faces as they turn/break their necks just to look at the eu is soooo tender. lol

• Upvote 1

Here is a rare video of the smaller Airwheel Q1 ridden in real life - no edits.  In San Francisco with mounted camera.  For those with fear of dual-tire EUs no need to look, er I mean don't panic  :ph34r:

I am impressed with this ride.  You try riding a dual-tire in a real city  :D

• Upvote 2

Nearing winter conditions?  Streets and sidewalks slightly moist?  Patches of mud dampening your riding spirit?  Well yes I did just slip outside on a neighbor's slightly muddy sidewalk on a single wheel - - so I came in and switched to the dual-tire Inmotion V3.  My assumption is that the dual-tire will not slip as easily so I rode around the block again - saw the single tire tracks and found the slide mark where the single tire slipped - and rode right through.  The dual tire such as the Q1 above may just be usable when the single tire wheel is no longer usable - in slightly wet and slick conditions.  The San Franciscan is a much better rider than me - - I just need a lot more time on the dual-tire EU.

Where is the Minnesota Digger when you need him with his Q3?

1 hour ago, xamino said:

Ehm... is that supposed to be hard? Because I do that almost every day with my Q3 here in Ulm, including tram tracks, hills, and cobblestones. :ph34r:

Heh he - you don't understand the fear there is of a dual-tire EU  :D  Are you saying you are riding your Q3 and it is very usable?!  Wow ...  :lol:

But seriously, the single tire riders can't do that.  It's just because they haven't learned how.  I don't have enough practice and when I switch to dual tire there are aspects of the ride that is disconcerting until I get used to it again.  This is of course why I always wanted one so I could "feel" this alternate world of potential that is not available to the usual EU rider.

There's another person who wrote that when they ride their dual-tire once in a while it would just veer off and throw them off.  They haven't learned yet or haven't figured out what this Q1 rider and yourself obviously know because the Q1 guy obviously has no problem at all with obstacles and moving pedestrians and road surface inconsistencies, etc.

The wet season is the slick time of year.

• Upvote 1