THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

2 hours ago, Dzlchef said:

Not a bad idea. I was in DTLA have a brew and bite with friends when I witnessed a courier picking up food for delivery. He rolled in on a V10 with a big box for a backpack. Slick way to get around downtown on a Saturday night!

I would buy a pizza from the rolling caped Backe boy!   :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:       :cheers:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

I went for a ride in Downtown Toledo. To windy for the drone and to tight for a 10 footer.  :)

Here and I thought I was the only EUCer in Ohio.  Glad to see another.  Maybe if you are over towards Akron, we can ride together.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SloFlyer said:

Here and I thought I was the only EUCer in Ohio.  Glad to see another.  Maybe if you are over towards Akron, we can ride together

I had a feeling there had to be another person in Ohio that rode. :thumbup: Actually I live in Michigan just 10 minutes north of Toledo. 

That would be awesome to get together. There also is another rider in Toledo that was spotted by a friend of mine. I have no idea who he is. It does get lonely riding by myself.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I had a feeling there had to be another person in Ohio that rode. :thumbup: Actually I live in Michigan just 10 minutes north of Toledo. 

That would be awesome to get together. There also is another rider in Toledo that was spotted by a friend of mine. I have no idea who he is. It does get lonely riding by myself.  

Didn't your wife set out to learn the awesomeness of EUC riding? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Image playing in my head of you two slow-mo running toward each other in a big embrace posture. :D

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

13 hours ago, Lutalo said:

Image playing in my head of you two slow-mo running toward each other in a big embrace posture. :D

And here's the sound track to this epic moment

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Didn't your wife set out to learn the awesomeness of EUC riding? 

She did but quit before my accident. There is no way I can convince her now.:crying:

18 minutes ago, Lutalo said:

16 minutes ago, Smoother said:

And here's the sound track to this epic moment

46701727775_f4311c7a4b_b.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

Oi be nice to Mr @Rehab1.

He has brought many joyful moments to the community. 

(shoulder padding @Rehab1, the healthy one)

It’s fun joking around. After all of the cartoon’s I’ve posted over the past few years I’m surprise more haven't hit back. :popcorn:

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

It’s fun joking around. After all of the cartoon’s I’ve posted over the past few years I’m surprise more haven't hit back. :popcorn:

Well I thought you spottet the word play here....shoulder padding...which one is the healthy one left or roght? Or the white or tanned? 

• Like 1

I'm mostly in here but do rarely get out to Chicago and Indianapolis.

I saw a YT video of a group of 3 people in Toledo riding together as well. I have yet to see another person with an EUC here, but have seen 1 in Cincy.
Both cities are being friendly to PEVs since they are trying to be progressive and accepting of Lime and Bird, but who knows how long that will last as the unwashed masses run amok.  First they said PEVs on the sidewalks only, now they say streets only....

EUCs benefit from the great bike laws and culture (new 3 ft rule to pass as well), other bicyclist haven't given me the stink eye yet (awaiting the next Tesla Shipment for eWheels so I can have more headroom to play with).

Also I would love to broadcast the recorder version of "My Heart Will Go On", my hands out like wings, as I very slowly Unicycle my way through a crowed public place.

Edited by tenofnine
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Jimmy Chang said:

Great footage! I still can't get over how long that selfie stick looks!

Thanks :D It does take practice to hold the camera 10-feet in front of me as I careen done a hill like this.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Thanks :D It does take practice to hold the camera 10-feet in front of me as I careen done a hill like this.

Holding that selfie stick and come down on the Z10 would be hard, i love my Z10 absolutely love it but i hate descending steep it just seems to me i have to lean back to far ,, anyway, how much regen did you have when you got to the bottom did you look 😊 nice vid as always

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tenofnine said:

I'm mostly in Dayton but spend a lot of time in Cincinnati too since I have friends there. Rarely get out to Chicago and Indianapolis.

I saw a YT video of a group of 3 people in Toledo riding together as well. I have yet to see another person with an EUC in Dayton, but have seen 1 in Cincy.
Both Cincy and Columbus are being friendly to PEVs since they are trying to be progressive and accepting of Lime and Bird, but who knows how long that will last as the unwashed masses run amok.  First they said PEVs on the sidewalks only, now they say streets only....

On EUCs we here in Ohio benefit from the great bike laws and culture (new 3 ft rule to pass as well), other bicyclist haven't given me the stink eye yet (awaiting the next Tesla Shipment for eWheels so I can have more headroom to play with).

Also I would love to broadcast the recorder version of "My Heart Will Go On", my hands out like wings, as I very slowly Unicycle my way through a crowed public place.

Welcome Ohioan!  The video was taken by @Michael Vu.  Depicted in the video is Michael, myself with a helmet hat ( before accident) and his friend Monica, I believe. He was visiting in southern Ohio and made the trip to north to Toledo for this ride which I will always be grateful. 

Dayton is not too far so getting together is doable.

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, stephen said:

Holding that selfie stick and come down on the Z10 would be hard, i love my Z10 absolutely love it but i hate descending steep it just seems to me i have to lean back to far ,, anyway,

This is not a joke.  Have you tried riding it in shoes with a distinct heal? Enough to partly compensate for the excess lean back.

Edited by Smoother

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Having held a long selfie stick and having descended bumpy trails with a steep drop off for the wheel to get lost down, (but not together, yet) my hat is off to you.  With your weight on your heals to control the descent, one wrong bump and you're on your ass and the wheel if off down the hill.  Add a 10 foot selfie stick with a fragile (two lenses bulging out of it, 360 camera) and the necessary lack of movement in that arm, and the difficulty and stress level goes up massively.  Marty really works hard to bring us these videos, and that's before editing and posting.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Welcome Ohioan!  The video was taken by @Michael Vu.  Depicted in the video is Michael, myself with a helmet hat ( before accident) and his friend Monica, I believe. He was visiting in southern Ohio and made the trip to north to Toledo for this ride which I will always be grateful. 

Dayton is not too far so getting together is doable.

I figured the other guy had to be one of you, I recognize Michael from many other eGlider vids, and the chick I figured isn't on here just by process of elimination (but I could be wrong).

I might get up to your neck of the woods one day, I've been trying to visit more place in Ohio since I feel like there are some underrated towns and history (plus it's on the Mich border).

So far I've been to Yellow Springs, Cincy (King's Island also), Columbus, Akron, Cedar Point, some Kentucky border towns, Fort Wayne Indiana....oh and Springfield.
Next on my list are Toledo (plus Detroit), Cleveland, Canton, Ashtabula, and Shawnee.

Originally lived in San Antonio / Austin for most of my life, moved up here in mid 2010.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smoother said:

This is not a joke.  Have you tried riding it in shoes with a distinct heal? Enough to partly compensate for the excess lean back.

I'll try it in my high heels 😊 btw @Smoother are you interested in a ride

3 hours ago, tenofnine said:

So far I've been to Yellow Springs, Cincy (King's Island also), Columbus, Akron, Cedar Point, some Kentucky border towns, Fort Wayne Indiana....oh and Springfield.
Next on my list are Toledo (plus Detroit), Cleveland, Canton, Ashtabula, and Shawnee.

You do get around. It would be nice to hook up with you and @SloFlyer in the future even meeting halfway somewhere.

My grandson rides but after my accident I have not pushed him as I would feel terrible if something happened. He’s on traveling teams for both hockey and soccer so sports is a priority in his life. I would definitely ride slower with him this time around.

Edited by Rehab1

12 hours ago, tenofnine said:

I'm mostly in Dayton but spend a lot of time in Cincinnati too since I have friends there. Rarely get out to Chicago and Indianapolis.

I saw a YT video of a group of 3 people in Toledo riding together as well. I have yet to see another person with an EUC in Dayton, but have seen 1 in Cincy.
Both Cincy and Columbus are being friendly to PEVs since they are trying to be progressive and accepting of Lime and Bird, but who knows how long that will last as the unwashed masses run amok.  First they said PEVs on the sidewalks only, now they say streets only....

On EUCs we here in Ohio benefit from the great bike laws and culture (new 3 ft rule to pass as well), other bicyclist haven't given me the stink eye yet (awaiting the next Tesla Shipment for eWheels so I can have more headroom to play with).

Ah, when @Rehab1 was carefree with no shoulder worries. Those were the days :thumbup:

• Like 1