THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

39 minutes ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Your Alsatian ancestor left Alsace following the annexation of the region by the Germans? 
If one day we're going to ride there, I'll make you some videos!

• Like 1

On 3/19/2019 at 4:59 PM, Mike Sacristan said:

5km from where I live. I've tried it a couple of times on my mountainbike and it was really scary.
It was even scarier today. But i'll keep practicing. Might be fun to try with my Ninebot and OneWheel as well.

This got me looking for tracks near me. Thanks! My daydream is to take this on full speed and maybe race somebody...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Flyboy10 said:

This got me looking for tracks near me. Thanks! My daydream is to take this on full speed and maybe race somebody...

I recently discovered a cool pump track by happenstance out near the SF Valley version of Balboa Park...😜 I tried it and it's got some super steep ramps. I made it up em first try, but would love to head back there and practice jumping...This ride in particular I'll be scheduling a group ride for next time the LA burner crew throws a day party at Woodley park. Gonna be a group ride/party. Fun!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yannick Dlsr said:

Alsatian ancestor

2 hours ago, Yannick Dlsr said:

annexation of the region by the Germans

I've read about the Franco-Prussia  war ending in 1871.

https://www.britannica.com/event/Franco-German-War

The language of the birth and community records switches from French in 1871

https://flic.kr/p/24Ejk54

to German in 1872 as you mentioned.

https://flic.kr/p/24Ejk5e

My middle name and my father's first name are the same as the ancestor.

My grandfather (1893-1951) , who died before I was born, would have been the ancestors son.

Genealogy records for immigration, property ownership, children's birth dates, etc. exist. in the State of New York.

Both the ancestor and his wife were from (Alsace-Lorraine). 

THE ANCESTOR WENT BACK TO FRANCE AFTER HIS WIFE (Dorothee) DIED IN 1931. 

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/57344609/dorothee-eisenmann

The ancestry trail of vital records for the male ancestor ends with his return to France after 1931 , a time when Alsace is  again French ( 1918-1940).

24 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

I saw some crazy kids riding there yesterday! They rode the shit out of that track. Crazy! Flying all over the place.
The pressure was on so I thought my wife could give it a try on her OneWheel!

This is why an EUC will always best a one wheel in my book.

After a couple hours with Mr. Google, I've found a couple tracks that will be opened this summer. So I need to practice so when they open I'm ready.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Flyboy10 said:

After a couple hours with Mr. Google, I've found a couple tracks that will be opened this summer. So I need to practice so when they open I'm ready.

I totally agree.

There is a small track 100 meters from where I live as well. It used to be decent but hasn't had any maintenance done for the past 5 years. I think I must just get creative and do something fancy with it! Trim some branches, sweep, remove rocks, maybe modify the whole thing. Nobody ever uses it.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Flyboy10 said:

How did you use Google to locate these soon to be opened tracks? The only one I've come across is gated and appears to be open to members only.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

I saw some crazy kids riding there yesterday! They rode the shit out of that track. Crazy! Flying all over the place.
The pressure was on so I thought my wife could give it a try on her OneWheel!

That's so funny. You really enjoyed watching her wipe out :)

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

How did you use Google to locate these soon to be opened tracks? The only one I've come across is gated and appears to be open to members only.

After finding all the public ones that took years to tear down, I stumbled upon public tracks that are taking years to build. I found a while ago and looked into it but only had the 14S at the time. These jumps would make chooch look like @Mike Sacristan at this stage (no offense to either just giving you an idea). But know that I have the 18XL I might check it out again once this wet winter ends... It's destroying all the off-roading trails!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rama Douglas said:

So much fun at the beach the other day...😁 Really starting to be able to make this beast submit to my every will...well almost anyways... :w00t2:...🧙‍♂️

Never mind your hater! He is just jealous. I see great potential!

• Like 1

Has this been posted here before? Just got a kick out of this guy, definitely a cheeky chappy. Some of his learning moments and reactions are really funny

(start at 4:40 to skip the intro talking part)

Edited by tenofnine
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, tenofnine said:

Has this been posted here before? Just got a kick out of this guy, definitely a cheeky chappy. Some of his learning moments and reactions are really funny

(start at 4:40 to skip the intro talking part)

Lol. That guy is funny! Great attitude!

7 minutes ago, pico said:

His wheel is badly calibrated. Pedals are NOT parallel to the ground...

Yea I noticed that too.

I have a 3 day old Ninebot One E+ and I noticed the same on mine. The programming won't automatically level out the pedals every-time you start it up at angle on on a slight incline. You have to turn it on at the level you want and it will correct a bit.

I also really hate the Ride setting Ninebot has, at all times even on the lowest setting the pedals are really soft and they will dip you forward and back with delay following your lean. On 3 (the default setting) It let me dip so far forward it cut it self off multiple times basically trying to faceplant me. I can't put it on 0 since it spazzes out, so 1 is the best I can get still it's very mushy and laggy feeling compared to the snappiness and precision I've been getting on the V5F.

The calibration procedure is rather complicated, but it MUST be performed. It involves starting the wheel on its side and waiting for a bunch of beeps.

Speedy feet has a video of it.

I would never start anything on a non calibrated wheel. I would have to relearn everything for that particular wheel.

The NB1 IS mushy compared to any modern wheel, but that can be used as an advantage (heavy body work "a la Z10")

Edited by pico
corr