THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

12 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Great capture of the crash. I could tell immediately that it was Vano, with his characteristic camera sticking out of the backpack. Could also tell that it was a cutout. Did he mention whether he had heard any beeps (probably not at those speeds, with the helmet on).

I don't think he heard the beeps exactly for the reason you stated, high speeds, wind, and a full face helmet. There is a strong correlation between speed demons and gotway riders, and most of us turn off other safety features like tilt back to get the most out of the wheel. I think we'll definitely take it easy for a little bit, at least until we all forget about this incident.

24 minutes ago, US69 said:

WOW....40mph live cutout action….Driver can be very, very happy that Nothing really bad happens. Really lucky! Thank God he is OK!! 

EUC definitly has most probably deformed pedal arm, not only pedal rod. Had that on my Monster 

Good to know about the pedal arm. Did  you end up replacing yours?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Alien Rides said:

Nope...not needed...i was able to bend it back. But depends how hard it is bend.

The most ridiculous Job is, if the inside pedal rod got bend a lot...you might even Need to drill it out then and/or flex the rod.

Perhaps this also got the nut/shims loose on the axle. From own experience...this all can happen, and that even on a "Dance" just from falling over :-(

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, yourtoys7 said:

Very lucky to walk away 40 thats 65 km/h, Im still waiting/ hoping that gotway (or others) would introduce audible  warning through headphones or some sort of taptic engine to your wrist or something.

As Workaround the app DarknessBot allows you to set own Speed Alarms on the phone, very loud Sound and/or Vibration....

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, yourtoys7 said:

Very lucky to walk away 40 thats 65 km/h, Im still waiting/ hoping that gotway (or others) would introduce audible  warning through headphones or some sort of taptic engine to your wrist or something.

I'm sure in some thread yesterday someone's revamped wheelog so commands come through Bluetooth 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alien Rides said:

Got some footage of a recent crash on a MSX during one of our group rides. This happened  at 40 mph, but the rider was able to walk away from it. We'll be slowing down  in the future, but just goes to show the importance of safety gear.

Oh shit! Vano, hope you're feeling ok, brother! Looks like you (and the wheel) fared pretty well, considering. Hope y'all voted for the 22mph limit for the Grand Prix...🤪 I could certainly see this happening on a no speed limit race...Thx for the video, (I think🤔) @Alien Rides...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lukasz said:

Hello All,   Z10 review after 3185 km... also some news about 6A fast charger + modified charge doctor

Very nice review! Thank you for this. Good job riding over 3000km also. How often and how much do you ride?

1 hour ago, US69 said:

As Workaround the app DarknessBot allows you to set own Speed Alarms on the phone, very loud Sound and/or Vibration....

Could suggest same "workaround " implemented in KS app please?

My Samsung phone suffer horrible from ios-fobia 😉

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Alien Rides said:

I don't think he heard the beeps exactly for the reason you stated, high speeds, wind, and a full face helmet. There is a strong correlation between speed demons and gotway riders, and most of us turn off other safety features like tilt back to get the most out of the wheel. I think we'll definitely take it easy for a little bit, at least until we all forget about this incident.

I have a bent MSX pedal just like Vano's, from fall when I was riding with @Jericho Das. Looks bent about the same amount. I never did anything about because in reality I couldn't notice it while riding. I assume this is because our feet and legs are always moving anyway.

So maybe he won't have to go through the hassle and expense of replacing it.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

What we really need from the manufactures is a much louder beeper, and one that changes it level based on how fast you are riding.

Gotway, KingSong, etc. are hopelessly behind the times. They are using the same buzzer that was designed for wheels that could only go 18-mph.

Will they still be using the same buzzer in 2025? Lets hope not!

One thing is what I would like, another is what is cheap easy fixes.

As an example I went to pick up takeaway lunch. Riding back to work I had a strong tail wind, wearing ff mc helmet with visor, you easy loose sensation of speed. I were riding at 40ish kmh without any forward leaning, so my 42 set topspeed kicked in maybe 4-5time on a 6.5km total long ride forth and back.

I would like to get call out at every 10kmh and every 10% battery. It should not be that hard to do in the app. 

I have a BT headset build into my helmet and linked to the phone to. So it would be nice to have those callout directed to the BT headset.

Could be high motor load too eq 1000w 1500w and so on.

• Like 3

On 3/18/2019 at 10:59 AM, Alien Rides said:

Got some footage of a recent crash on a MSX during one of our group rides. This happened  at 40 mph, but the rider was able to walk away from it. We'll be slowing down  in the future, but just goes to show the importance of safety gear.

Wow, so glad your buddy was able to bounce back up and with minimal injury! Hows his head? Even though he had that helmet, he still made contact so that was a bump. Hope hes all good!

On that topic, I wanted to ask a question about safety and top speeds. I always hear people talking about 80% battery alarms and weight and so on. I'm riding the ks16s, and I just finally was able to hit 31kmph (19.26mph) today, and I know the wheels top riding speed is listed at 35kmph. So at my weight of 226lbs (without gear), is there a limit I need to stay under or do i need to change my riding style when i hit a certain battery level before the wheel goes nuts? I know kingsong doesnt let you turn off all the beeps or the tiltback (well, im not sure about the beeps, but tiltback is always on). So do I have to just...wait and see? I know some people around my weight who cruise at 35kmph, but is there just a window for it? Im trying to ride in a way that doesnt lead to the wheel pouring my soul into the cement. 

On 3/18/2019 at 7:20 AM, Roadrunner said:

Verry nice, remember a few weeks ago you where like how am i gonna do that, and now you’re riding like a champ.:ph34r:

Just wanna slip in a thank you, haha. Need to post the video of me riding with 1 foot, that I learned how to do yesterday! Yay, lmao. The warmer it gets out, the easier it is to ride. Cold joints are no joke!

Edited by seage
double posted
  • Like 1

On 3/18/2019 at 2:29 PM, Marty Backe said:

was riding with @Jericho Das. Looks bent about the same amount. I never did anything about because in reality I couldn't notice it while riding.

When my original Monster took a great tumble following a pedal break at speed I decided to replace the creaking old blue shell, which was found to be cracked at column pedal bolts. 

Crack along pedal column

The new red shell would not mate flush and flat (required for mating to the opposite  shell side) without an offset appearance. The pedal columns looked bent

Monster shell with bent motor axle attachment using shims

but with the use of shims at the pedal columns attachment point a flush and flat appearance was obtained.

Monster shell with bent motor axle attachment using shims

But when the motor became totally dysfunctional I removed the columns which had no signs of bending. The bent appearance was axle to motor bonding disruption.

When my new motor arrived

Aftermath of a shell and motor replacement

The new motor, affixed pedal columns and shell all mated flush.

Gotway Monster - new motor and reassembly - connector status

If the pedal columns look bent on your msx I'd guess that you have cracked shell regions about the columns, since the plastic shell mount points at the column are inflexable. 

The old (about 8000 km) and new shells

Monster shim tinkering finished

Edited by Bob Eisenman
  • Like 3

On 3/19/2019 at 7:03 PM, Rama Douglas said:

Playing around in the house on a rainy day... Don't try this at home!!! 😱 Or do...😜

If I had that skill, my legs would give out after about 4 minutes.  Why is your lady doing the front crawl on the bed?  Is she hinting she wants a swimming pool?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Smoother said:

If I had that skill, my legs would give out after about 4 minutes.  Why is your lady doing the front crawl on the bed?  Is she hinting she wants a swimming pool?

Hahaha! I know, LoL! Looks weird enough with me getting my freak on to have her in there writhing around 😂...She was doing stretches...