THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

This is not a full put together video at all. Just figured id drop it and share some thoughts. Got the gopro hero7 black yesterday and decided to take it for a spin today. Ive never owned an action cam and normally shoot on my chunky DSLR, so this was totally new to me, and i was stupid as hell, haha. First, i didnt realize you could change from 4:3 to 16:9. I was mad that it was in 4:3 but figured id just learn to live with it. What.... I shot too small. I used 1440, and placed it on a 1080 timeline. Then i stabilized it in adobe premiere, which I also messed up...... What this did was crop in the footage. And then i had to crop in even more to lose the crazy wild edges. This destroyed the quality of the footage and made it kinda choppy and compressed in some areas. Id advise anyone with a brain to use 2.7k or go the full 4k if you have a memory card (and a computer) that can handle it. Using larger footage and making it smaller gives you some cool options. Like panning and artificial zooms without any loss of quality. But you might have to proxy (edit with smaller image files so your computer can handle it, then render out with the original huge files with all the edits on them) in order to not blow your computer up if you're using an old machine. On the up side though, i finally got to channel my inner tishawn with my superman pose as i was getting low to the ground with one hand back for counter balance while filming. I probably looked like an idiot, which isnt actually like tishawn, but i FELT cool, and thats all that matters, lmfao. Oh, one last thing. Someone mentioned it in here before, but for color editing, im using Davinci Resolve. Its free, and its...probably the best software out there for color editing. Its just stupidly good. Wait until i get some non-scuffed footage to work with and i'll show you! Oh and one more last thing, livestreaming on this thing actually works super well! Im a twitch streamer and this was a great option as opposed to the $3000 gunrunner backpack that costs like $300/m to upkeep. 

Anyways, hope some of my rambling helped some of you guys learn from my mistakes XD. And i apologize to those of you who already know this stuff and want me to shutup. Heres my video: 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, seage said:

Then i stabilized it in adobe premiere, which I also messed up......

Why did you stabilize in Premier? If you had HyperSmooth turned on, the in camera stabilization would be easily able to handle a ride like that (and a lot more).

2 minutes ago, Jon Stern said:

Why did you stabilize in Premier? If you had HyperSmooth turned on, the in camera stabilization would be easily able to handle a ride like that (and a lot more).

Wanted it a bit tighter. Certain look i was going for. But i used the wrong settings, haha. Hypersmooth did a really good job, but because of most of my own mistakes, i messed it all up. But i'll do better! This was day 1 of ever using a gopro XD. I usually do locked shots with no motion. Gotta get them hours in and keep trying things out. 

4 minutes ago, seage said:

Wanted it a bit tighter. Certain look i was going for. But i used the wrong settings, haha. Hypersmooth did a really good job, but because of most of my own mistakes, i messed it all up. But i'll do better! This was day 1 of ever using a gopro XD. I usually do locked shots with no motion. Gotta get them hours in and keep trying things out. 

You can zoom on the GoPro if you know how much you want beforehand.

Pro tip: zooming also improves the HyperSmooth stabilization, as it has more range available.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Jon Stern said:

You can zoom on the GoPro if you know how much you want beforehand.

Pro tip: zooming also improves the HyperSmooth stabilization, as it has more range available.

Yo, are you serious? I figured a zoom would diminish quality as all digital zooms kinda do. Do you find that its still pretty crisp? Im gonna play with that in the day too! That exciting to know. I love learning about this. 

2 minutes ago, seage said:

Yo, are you serious? I figured a zoom would diminish quality as all digital zooms kinda do. Do you find that its still pretty crisp? Im gonna play with that in the day too! That exciting to know. I love learning about this. 

Well, zooming does diminish quality in the sense the resolution, but the degrees of stabilization increases.

If you shoot 2.7k or 4k and zoom, it should stay pretty sharp (the zoom range is limited), but of course there's a drop.

• Like 1

NonStopNeal rides through Munich Olympic Park, Germany 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ED209 said:

NonStopNeal rides through Munich Olympic Park, Germany 

Great video! You do a great job of demonstrating the capabilities of the V8 for sightseeing purposes.

I am looking forward to the 16X as well. If it doesn't have bugs like my V8 doesn't seem to have bugs that'll probably be my next wheel.

• Like 1

Great @tessa25  you are doing fine at this point.

Right now your head position is not helping you. Specially on a V5F.

Your head should stay steady like the fellow below. Your inner ears and brain cannot react accurately enough because you are changing too often their reference.

Cheers!

cheetah.gif

Edited by pico
corr
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, pico said:

Great @tessa25  you are doing fine at this point.

Right now your head position is not helping you. Specially on a V5F.

Your head should stay steady like the fellow below. Your inner ears and brain cannot react accurately enough because you are changing too often their reference.

Cheers!

cheetah.gif

Thanks for the tip! I'm not sure where to look when doing figure 8's. :) All I know is figure 8's make me nauseous. Have to do S turns instead.

41 minutes ago, tessa25 said:

Thanks for the tip! I'm not sure where to look when doing figure 8's. :) All I know is figure 8's make me nauseous. Have to do S turns instead.

It's more about dipping your head from time to time. Like most people at this stage they do it instinctively to check if everything is ok, is their feet is properly placed, or to see where they are going...

check 1.14 and 2.07. Don't worry, it's better at this time to make wider steady turns, this will alleviate the nauseous part.

The nauseousness is actually caused by the bobbing head.

For each rate of turn there is a place to look at. Your brain will figure it out once your head is steady.

All in all, you are doing quite fine. The V5F is NOT an easy wheel!

Edited by pico
  • Like 1

More practice with that gopro. Fixed a lot of stuff. Need to get used to DaVinci. I did some color shifts, but they were abrupt and jarring, so im gonna look up how to ramp up to shifts. Would have done that earlier but I was editing while on the phone, lol. Also, for some reason noise that isnt there in the final render on my PC is there in the video on youtube. Maybe some of the settings messed up the compression? I need to look into this, haha. Ah well! Still happy with this! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, dismason said:

Hi,
Here is a useful video that I found to have a good practical value when editing Insta360 footage with Premiere Pro:

Holy balls. I did not appreciate how much time and effort you guys and gals go through to stitch these videos together for our enlightenment. Much respect, I am in awe.

6 hours ago, seage said:

More practice with that gopro. Fixed a lot of stuff. Need to get used to DaVinci. I did some color shifts, but they were abrupt and jarring, so im gonna look up how to ramp up to shifts. Would have done that earlier but I was editing while on the phone, lol. Also, for some reason noise that isnt there in the final render on my PC is there in the video on youtube. Maybe some of the settings messed up the compression? I need to look into this, haha. Ah well! Still happy with this! 

Verry nice, remember a few weeks ago you where like how am i gonna do that, and now you’re riding like a champ.:ph34r:

• Like 1

On 3/16/2019 at 1:37 AM, gotmotion2016 said:

Belgium is a different county then the Netherlands/Holland.

That's for sure!

Ir_fuel is from Belgium and make's him Belgium. And Yes, only the Netherlands counts as Dutch ( as far as i now ).

The flemisch part of Belgium speaks  dutch too with a dialect- very elegant.

Nono, it's the Dutch that speak with a dialect. Sorry :p 

The Walloon part off Belgium speaks French.Belgium have 2 languases - parts, but one goverment.

Actually, 3. We have a German part too not too far from Maastricht ;) 

• Like 1

On 3/16/2019 at 1:57 AM, gotmotion2016 said:

Most off the time with an accident the human is the failurre and not the machine.

Sure, but nobody considers himself flawless (except maybe the Dutch? :D ). 

Then again, chances of hitting a pothole are a bit smaller on your roads than on ours :lol:

Almost all accidents with me and the riders here is a human failurre, most of the time we learn from it.

Indeed. I learned I will never be able to 100% flex my pinky finger again to the point it touches the inside of my hand, for instance :p 

( from where in Belgium are you?  and what do you ride?)

I am Flemish, but I live in the French speaking part (for over 10 years now), not far from "Brussels South Airport" as Ryanair likes to call it.

Currently in the stable: Rockwheel GT16, Ninebot Z10, Gotway Mten3, Gotway MCM5.

14 minutes ago, Alien Rides said:

Got some footage of a recent crash on a MSX during one of our group rides. This happened  at 40 mph, but the rider was able to walk away from it. We'll be slowing down  in the future, but just goes to show the importance of safety gear.

WOW....40mph live cutout action….Driver can be very, very happy that Nothing really bad happens. Really lucky! Thank God he is OK!!

EUC definitly has most probably deformed pedal arm, not only pedal rod. Had that on my Monster

Edited by US69
  • Like 1