THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

Just posted this on Facebook as well.

Bike paths in Sweden
Electric vehicle: 20km/h
Electric bicycle: 25km/h
Normal bicycle: same speed limit as the adjoining road; if no adjoining road then no speed limit
Moped: 25km/h
Older moped: 30km/h

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Damn man! Great clip! What an awesome look also. Lookin' like a beast! Where in Canada is this?

Thanks!

It's the beautiful city of Vancouver - looks even better during the day.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Asphalt said:

City night ride.

Strap on your headphones.

Perfect video. I loved it! :cheers:

You need to be riding something like an MSX!

Great effect with that helmet light. BTW, do you mostly ride kind of hunched over or was that more for affect? Just curious.

More action video like this please :thumbup:

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Rama Douglas said:

Awesome video! I love your shots. Artistic and engaging to watch! Is that a V5F? Couldn't quite tell. It looks like you're cruising faster than 15mph...

Thanks Rama!

It's a V8, so a blistering <_< 29.9 kph to avoid the very prominent InMotion beep from waking up the neighbourhood.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Asphalt said:

City night ride.

Strap on your headphones.

Damn man, that was dope! Great color correcting and grading. I really need to make it out there sometime. Ive never seen such big roads totally empty, haha. 

21 minutes ago, seage said:

Damn man, that was dope! Great color correcting and grading. I really need to make it out there sometime. Ive never seen such big roads totally empty, haha. 

right? even at 2/3/4 etc AM there are ALWAYS lots of cars and trucks on large or main streets, and the police patrol every part of the city too havent gone 20 mins without seeing police, ive talked to quite a few of them theyre always intrigued by what the hell it is im riding haha

Edited by Rywokast
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, seage said:

Thanks Seage! 

There's a sweet spot between when the bar stragglers go home and the Jocko Willinks of the world get up.

:cheers:  :efeeda4ad8:  :eff034a94a:

Let me know when you decide to visit Vancouver - we have many beautiful paths and trails, as well as a small, but growing EUC group.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Asphalt said:

Thanks Seage! 

There's a sweet spot between when the bar stragglers go home and the Jocko Willinks of the world get up.

:cheers:  :efeeda4ad8:  :eff034a94a:

Let me know when you decide to visit Vancouver - we have many beautiful paths and trails, as well as a small, but growing EUC group.

Likewise for Toronto. Im a new rider so i'll be meeting the community soon, but I know its pretty tiny here, haha. I'll be out there soon tho. Best friend is there and i've always wanted to visit. Just before I didn't have such an awesome way to get around XD.

4 hours ago, Rywokast said:

right? even at 2/3/4 etc AM there are ALWAYS lots of cars and trucks on large or main streets, and the police patrol every part of the city too havent gone 20 mins without seeing police, ive talked to quite a few of them theyre always intrigued by what the hell it is im riding haha

I wish the police were as friendly in Vancouver. eRiders are still getting hit with $600 tickets - hence the night rides.

1 hour ago, seage said:

Likewise for Toronto. Im a new rider so i'll be meeting the community soon, but I know its pretty tiny here, haha. I'll be out there soon tho. Best friend is there and i've always wanted to visit. Just before I didn't have such an awesome way to get around XD.

Get your best friend to start riding too and you’ll have a wheel when you get out here. :cheers:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Asphalt said:

I wish the police were as friendly in Vancouver. eRiders are still getting hit with $600 tickets - hence the night rides.

tickets??? for what? im not even wearing a helmet and they never blink.. last guy pulled up next to me at a stop light, rolled down his window and yelled "man that thing is wicked" before driving off

• Like 1

On 3/12/2019 at 6:43 AM, seage said:

Isnt @ir_fuel dutch though? Hes in Belgium, right? Or is my geography total crap. I thought they spoke french, dutch and german. Or is it only the netherlands that counts as dutch? @gotmotion2016? Genuine question, as I dont know. 

Belgium is a different county then the Netherlands/Holland.

Ir_fuel is from Belgium and make's him Belgium. And Yes, only the Netherlands counts as Dutch ( as far as i now ).

The flemisch part of Belgium speaks  dutch too with a dialect- very elegant.

The Walloon part off Belgium speaks French.Belgium have 2 languases - parts, but one goverment.

On 3/12/2019 at 10:47 AM, ir_fuel said:

I'm from Belgium. No need to explain me the Dutch and their bikes. I perfectly understand why in The Netherlands nobody wears a bike helmet.

But that's not the point. I don't wear a (full face) helmet on my EUC because I am scared of cars. I wear it because I am "scared" of the machine. Even the best cycling path in the world won't help you when you hit something you didn't see or your machine has a mechanical failure. If in that case you are riding with your hands in your pockets and without a helmet ... well ... 

Maybe it is that we are less " scared" of the machine, and learned to trust the wheel :confused1:

And that we've learned to look good ahead of us.

Most off the time with an accident the human is the failurre and not the machine.

Almost all accidents with me and the riders here is a human failurre, most of the time we learn from it.

( from where in Belgium are you?  and what do you ride?)

42 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

tickets??? for what? im not even wearing a helmet and they never blink.. last guy pulled up next to me at a stop light, rolled down his window and yelled "man that thing is wicked" before driving off

Ticket for riding a motorized vehicle without insurance. Of course ICBC doesn't offer insurance, so it's impossible to ride legally. Many of us are trying to get the laws changed, but it could take a while. Heck, Vancouver still hasn't allowed Uber. That said, Vancouver is awesome for cycling infrastructure. So when the laws finally modernize, it's going to be an EUC paradise.

On 3/12/2019 at 10:48 AM, ir_fuel said:

When I am on my euc I'm jealous of your infrastructure.

Then again, I am a car guy, so when I am in my car the last place in the world I want to drive it is The Netherlands :lol:  (been to Zandvoort quite a few times now).

I must admit that we are very lucky and thankfull that we have such a good infrastucture in the Netherlands.

II can imagine that The Netherlands can be a pain in the ... to drive trough.

That is why i do most things on the EUC nowerdays;)

Just now, Asphalt said:

Ticket for riding a motorized vehicle without insurance. Of course ICBC doesn't offer insurance, so it's impossible to ride legally. Many of us are trying to get the laws changed, but it could take a while. Heck, Vancouver still hasn't allowed Uber. That said, Vancouver is awesome for cycling infrastructure. So when the laws finally modernize, it's going to be an EUC paradise.

thats dumb af, what about electric bikes and scooters? well hopefully its soon