THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

When I am on my euc I'm jealous of your infrastructure.

Then again, I am a car guy, so when I am in my car the last place in the world I want to drive it is The Netherlands :lol:  (been to Zandvoort quite a few times now).

7 hours ago, gotmotion2016 said:

There where there is no cycle path, we are allowed to ride on the left side of the road.

Interesting, I didn't know that.

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I know we've had this discussion before, but I can't help myself - EUC's are closer to motorcycles than bicycles.

Yep, all motorcycles I ever owned had a max speed of more than 120km/h and a weight of more than 180kg. All EUCs I ever owned had a max speed of at most 35km/h and a weight of less than 20kg. All bicycles I ever owned had a weight of less than 20kg and I reach speeds sometimes up to 40km/h and very rarely close to 60km/h. So I must concur, clearly EUCs are closer to motorcycles than to bicycles, let alone to electric bicycles.

Legislation in Europe has limited, or is going to limit, the max speed of EUCs to 25km/h or lower. 25km/h is also the assisted speed limit for electric bicycles without obligatory helmet law.

Edited by Mono
  • Like 1

I have mixed feelings about bicycle helmets vs full face helmets.
I don't plan on crashing and my survival instincts are a bit exaggerated making me a bit of a coward. This applies to heights, speed and other situations where I don't have control.

When I started electric longboarding even 20km/h was very dramatic for me and I really had to tighten the trucks on the board. My wife on the other hand had no problem getting up to 35 or even 40km/h.

The difference between me and her is that I work with computers and as a person I am analytical and tend to weigh risks.
She is a dancer and a free spirit.

The more I have been riding my vehicles the more I feel in control as my skill level progresses. Now comes the part where I have less control. In traffic, amongst other cars, people and external situations. I do my best to avoid risky situations. Wearing a full face helmet limits my peripheral vision making it hard to see obstacles, people, cars, etc. It also makes it harder for me to register the speed I am going at. Wearing a full face helmet is like me saying that I plan on falling.

In the end I have accepted a certain amount of acceptable damage. No matter what I am wearing. And I adjust the riding accordingly.

I wonder how I would ride in just speedos. :roflmao:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

wonder how I would ride in just speedos. 

Now that would be some road rash . Imagine hitting the floor and it rips your speedos off and your just lying there naked next to your wheel ,,, extreme EUCing😀 go for it

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Although I'd love to ride that trail (many times), I'm afraid it would be off limits to any of my Gotway wheels because I'd be tearing them apart every few weeks to tighten the axle nuts :facepalm:

You should have bought a V10. :P I do love seeing the V10 being able to withstand  @Demargon‘s rough, boulder strewn outback trail. He Is very adroit at navigating through the mine field with relative ease.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

I was going to write "ride naked" but thought about the whole road rash thing on my ding-dong if falling.

46445464155_21e4fc4253_b.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Jockstrap.png

Was this before you grew a beard?

• Like 2

On 3/11/2019 at 10:14 AM, Mike Sacristan said:

That was a long ride!
My ride today on the MSX was 60km (37 miles). I had 39% battery left. The last 15km (9 miles) was torture though. -1C and some crazy wind.

Also here is a stupid thing I did last night.

And when I got home I read about @travsformation crashing.

Darkness Bot is set to notify me at 35km/h. I get a bit of speed wobble just around there so I need more practice.

That's some amazing range! Riding fast (comfortably) is very challenging! Especially after having a death wobble crash. I've been getting more comfortable, hitting 26-28mph on occasion, but in general I'm cruising between 15-22mph...👊

12 minutes ago, Rama Douglas said:

That's some amazing range! Riding fast (comfortably) is very challenging! Especially after having a death wobble crash. I've been getting more comfortable, hitting 26-28mph on occasion, but in general I'm cruising between 15-22mph...👊

Yes the best thing about buying the MSX is curing my range anxiety.  Phew 26-28mph! Yeah I totally agree 15-22 is a nice sweet spot! 

Today I went for a ride with my friend Stefan. Fun in the sun. Even though it was -1C.

• Like 3

never record any rides but thought i would see what kind of quality i can get from just sticking my phone in my front pocket haha... it didnt work out too well xD but anyways heres what it got, short part of a night ride on some bike trails, i love to ride at night and probably 50% of all my riding is done at night.. so quiet, no bustling cars/cyclists/pedestrians.. only thing is its still winter and pretty cold here at night, if i slowed down it was because i was going over ice like on the wooden bridges that are totally iced over >.> sorry its kind of boring, i thought the camera would pick up more but it is pitch black out so not bad for a phone camera lol.. maybe ill try getting a cheap go pro type of thing and strapping it to the front of the euc

37 minutes ago, Kuji Rolls said:

Alright guys, here's a first look at the new Kingsong 16X. I think this is the first time anyone outside of Kingsong has seen it. Also, im doing a giveaway for one of these $2000 wheels.

I like it 😊 i like the shape and tyre size , 1600wh too😊 i think i found my 3rd wheel😊

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Kuji Rolls said:

you're welcome. 

I meant it in a good way! I love the design. I was looking for a long range wheel in a smaller 16" inch format. A real little "Brawler" like this.

Edited by pico
corr

2 hours ago, Kuji Rolls said:

Alright guys, here's a first look at the new Kingsong 16X. I think this is the first time anyone outside of Kingsong has seen it. Also, im doing a giveaway for one of these $2000 wheels.

Thanks for this awesome first look! Way to go Kingsong, and @Kuji Rolls with offering one up for a lucky winner! Super cool 😎 Thank you!

2 hours ago, Kuji Rolls said:

Great vid and fun riding as always! The falling was actually very important so it was nice to see it held up well!