THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

3 hours ago, Rama Douglas said:

This was a helluva loop on the KS18XL today! Wheelog said battery was 1% afterwards My wheel had 2 LEDs showing however, so I may have been able to squeeze a few more miles out of it. I also started Relive about a mile into the journey. . 3,250 ft or so of climbing, and a lot of dirt trails, around 50 miles total. It was an epic ride for sure! I am beat!

https://www.relive.cc/view/rt10003925096

That was mental! Haha. What an insane ride. I was proud of getting my battery to 50% finally, after 3 days of sub 0 weather riding on my 16s, lmfao! I was watching your video like, how far is he gonna go?? Looked like you traveled further than those hobbits. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, seage said:

That was mental! Haha. What an insane ride. I was proud of getting my battery to 50% finally, after 3 days of sub 0 weather riding on my 16s, lmfao! I was watching your video like, how far is he gonna go?? Looked like you traveled further than those hobbits. 

Coming from a V5F, a ride such as today's seemed like Sci-fi! It was pretty epic! 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

That was quite a view! I had an almost similar view today but covered in snow and ice. I rode to Flottsbro and explored the are there. There is a big hill which is used for skiing around this time of years and there is a nice body of water just nearby.

But yeah... -1C. And those winds...

I really love the footage from your camera!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rama Douglas said:

This was a helluva loop on the KS18XL today! Wheelog said battery was 1% afterwards My wheel had 2 LEDs showing however, so I may have been able to squeeze a few more miles out of it. I also started Relive about a mile into the journey. . 3,250 ft or so of climbing, and a lot of dirt trails, around 50 miles total. It was an epic ride for sure! I am beat!

https://www.relive.cc/view/rt10003925096

That was a long ride!
My ride today on the MSX was 60km (37 miles). I had 39% battery left. The last 15km (9 miles) was torture though. -1C and some crazy wind.

Also here is a stupid thing I did last night.

And when I got home I read about @travsformation crashing.

Darkness Bot is set to notify me at 35km/h. I get a bit of speed wobble just around there so I need more practice.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

That was a long ride!
My ride today on the MSX was 60km (37 miles). I had 39% battery left. The last 15km (9 miles) was torture though. -1C and some crazy wind.

Also here is a stupid thing I did last night.

And when I got home I read about @travsformation crashing.

Darkness Bot is set to notify me at 35km/h. I get a bit of speed wobble just around there so I need more practice.

Could you please add some Closed Capturing in the future? I couldn't understand what you were saying except at the very end. Thanks.

:facepalm:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Could you please add some Closed Capturing in the future? I couldn't understand what you were saying except at the very end. Thanks.

:facepalm:

Hahaha! Just for laughs I tried setting the playback speed on youtube to 0,25x and I kept sounding like a chipmunk anyway. But slower lmao.

@Marty Backe you're too funny! I literally laughed out loud when I read your reply! :roflmao:
That was just a short version to show the speed lmao.

Here is the longer vlog version with hopefully intelligible audio.

Edit: I'm still laughing!

Edited by Mike Sacristan
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Beautiful scenery as always. You even had a bird fly over. Looks like they were aiming for your left shoulder.  :)

32409471547_a3fded696d_b.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Hahaha! Just for laughs I tried setting the playback speed on youtube to 0,25x and I kept sounding like a chipmunk anyway. But slower lmao.

@Marty Backe you're too funny! I literally laughed out loud when I read your reply! :roflmao:
That was just a short version to show the speed lmao.

Here is the longer vlog version with hopefully intelligible audio.

Edit: I'm still laughing!

Mission accomplished B)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Demargon said:

First ride with new Bell Full Flex. Near to a motorbike helmet, I think is the best not closed helmet

@Demargon your rocky downhill trail ride at 4:00 - 5:10 is absolutely fantastic :) 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

Told you the Dutch are crazy :D 

1548008850_Screenshot2019-03-11at15_02_29.jpg.8b4f405d6e63b724ee2f7f8284e81f04.jpg

no helmet, hands in pockets.

This man for sure has a good dental insurance :lol: 

Thank you Ir_fuel, like more people you like to think also that we are crazy of wearing no helmet and other protection.

But wat most of the not dutch people don't now, is that we are born with a bike between our legs :blink1:.

That we have the biggest- safest and longest bike path network in the world, with manly good asfalt or sidewalk tiles.

There where there is no cycle path, we are allowed to ride on the left side of the road.

The traffic rules are  -the smaller and vulnerable the road user the more rights they have.

So if a car goes to te right, the bike/pedestrian have priority - and that is with most of the situation.

When we want to ride an EUC, we "just" have to learn to ride the wheel.

To ride in all kind off traffic conditions is in our system, we are raised with it.

We used to ride in all kinds of weather ( snow - ice - rain - wind - freezing cold ), with more than 1 person on a bike - cargo bike - with groceries - with planks etc.

So our skills off riding a bike and in our traffic is more advanced then averidge i think.

That translating to a EUC is not that different then on a bike.

And YES, ofcourse it's always more save to wear a helmet an other safety gear.

The wheels of today are pretty safe, and most of the time the rider is the faillure - not the wheel.

There is no law that say we have to wear when that law comes - we will ride with helmet ( and maybe more ).

A few video's that explain MAYBE a bit where we came from:huh:

Edited by gotmotion2016
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, gotmotion2016 said:

Thank you Ir_fuel, like more people you like to think also that we are crazy of wearing no helmet and other protection.

But wat most of the not dutch people don't now, is that we are born with a bike between our legs :blink1:.

That we have the biggest- safest and longest bike path network in the world, with manly good asfalt or sidewalk tiles.

There where there is no cycle path, we are allowed to ride on the left side of the road.

The traffic rules are  -the smaller and vulnerable the road user the more rights they have.

So if a car goes to te right, the bike/pedestrian have priority - and that is with most of the situation.

To ride in all kind off traffic conditions is in our system, we are raised with it.

We used to ride in all kinds of weather ( snow - ice - rain - wind - freezing cold ), with mre than 1 person on a bike - cargo bike - with groceries - with planks.

So are skills off riding a bike and our traffic is more advanced then averidge i think.

That translating to a EUC is not that different then on a bike.

And YES, ofcourse it's always more save to wear a helmet an other safety gear.

The wheels of today are pretty safe, and most of the time the rider is the faillure - not the wheel.

There is no law that say we have to wear when that law comes - we will ride with helmet ( and maybe more ).

A few video's that explain MAYBe a bit where we came from:huh:

I know we've had this discussion before, but I can't help myself - EUC's are closer to motorcycles than bicycles. Do the Dutch not believe in motorcycle helmets too? Are there Dutch skateboarders, and they also don't use any protection?

I believe everyone should ride how they like and it doesn't bother me, but it seems crazy that there's a Dutch Philosophy that doesn't advocate safety gear for EUCs.

So all the Dutch EUC riders look at the rest of us and think, "those crazy EUC riders with all that protection" :D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Demargon said:

First ride with new Bell Full Flex. Near to a motorbike helmet, I think is the best not closed helmet

What a fantastic trail trail. I'm saving this video to show people that ask me, "Can you ride trails on that thing?"

My knees are starting to hurt after watching this :cry2:

Although I'd love to ride that trail (many times), I'm afraid it would be off limits to any of my Gotway wheels because I'd be tearing them apart every few weeks to tighten the axle nuts :facepalm:

:cheers:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I know we've had this discussion before, but I can't help myself - EUC's are closer to motorcycles than bicycles. Do the Dutch not believe in motorcycle helmets too? Are there Dutch skateboarders, and they also don't use any protection?

I believe everyone should ride how they like and it doesn't bother me, but it seems crazy that there's a Dutch Philosophy that doesn't advocate safety gear for EUCs.

So all the Dutch EUC riders look at the rest of us and think, "those crazy EUC riders with all that protection" :D

I can't talk for the others, but it's likely they will think that sometimes - and me too:ph34r:

And no, a motorbike is qiut different than a EUC,  wat is the same is when you fall you're screwed - or not.

There is a helmet duty on a motor bike and moped and speedbike/pedelec.

But there is no helmet duty on a electric bike or moped with speed till 30.

Lots of people buy a "slow" bike or moped, and make it faster and drive without helmet.

Why ? Because they/we do.

Since a short while we get in touch with a group of onewheelers, most of them wear helmets and more.

Don't have an answer for the  advocate question, just no that most off the  EUC riders we know don't wear a helmet.

Probebly something really bad must happen before we/me gonna wear safety gear:shock2:

• Like 2

Isnt @ir_fuel dutch though? Hes in Belgium, right? Or is my geography total crap. I thought they spoke french, dutch and german. Or is it only the netherlands that counts as dutch? @gotmotion2016? Genuine question, as I dont know. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Demargon said:

What the hell is this ride?! Holy crap, you're a beast! I almost grabbed my wheel and went back outside till i heard the 33km/h winds, saw the snow and the cold ass sub zero weather. Plus its almost 2am....maybe i'll hold this inspiration until the day.... But oh man. That was so awesome. So many moments i figured you'd ride past or step off, and you just zoomed up and down with no problem. I dont even get it. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gotmotion2016 said:

I'm from Belgium. No need to explain me the Dutch and their bikes. I perfectly understand why in The Netherlands nobody wears a bike helmet.

But that's not the point. I don't wear a (full face) helmet on my EUC because I am scared of cars. I wear it because I am "scared" of the machine. Even the best cycling path in the world won't help you when you hit something you didn't see or your machine has a mechanical failure. If in that case you are riding with your hands in your pockets and without a helmet ... well ... 

• Like 3