THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

4 hours ago, ED209 said:

Riding on Ice, over the water

26 minutes ago, Alien Rides said:

I bet there's probably some speed where it becomes safer to crash if anything! 😅

Darn he beat me to the punch. I was going to post my video riding on ice at 40 kmh. No sense on having 2 ice demos. :huh:

• Like 1

On 3/1/2019 at 6:20 PM, Marty Backe said:

We have many hundreds of miles of trails.

You have more trails than Jimmy Carter got votes. ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yannick Dlsr said:

In France we like to celebrate!  

Your group is awesome! Thanks for the subtitles!  :cheers:

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 1

On 3/3/2019 at 7:47 AM, IRK said:

How this is even possible blows my mind. I just go forward. Haha. 

:o A 180 jump and land on a EUC - how does he do that. The rest was awesome to but that was crazy :D

Cool riding

7 hours ago, Yannick Dlsr said:

In France we like to celebrate! A few hours from Mardi Gras, we offer you a small costumed ride through the streets of the old town of Metz in eastern France. 

Good viewing and...as a bonus we put the subtitles in English! 

Loved the video!! Thank you so much for the subs! I was already watching your stuff subless and trying to understand as much as possible. I hope subtitling isnt TOO much work for you! I, and im sure many others, really appreciate your efforts!

• Like 1

On 3/3/2019 at 1:47 AM, IRK said:

How this is even possible blows my mind. I just go forward. Haha. 

1 hour ago, Boogieman said:

:o A 180 jump and land on a EUC - how does he do that. The rest was awesome to but that was crazy :D

Cool riding

1 hour ago, pico said:

Come on guys ;) See it done on a Big Ass KS18L  by Monsieur Flex!  It's called "Shove it!" In respect to @Sidestreet Reny

You have to respect any rider that nails that move.

47232164462_4b0a3cb67a_b.jpg

• Upvote 1

@Marty Backe  Sorry to hear about the extent of your injury.

When I saw your video with your friend "Balls out" on the slope. I said to myself: Marty knows better. He who goes "Balls out" risks having them crushed. You lived firsthand the brutality of falling past 25kmh.

I knew you were selling yourself short when you said "This is how I want to ride when I grow up"

Stay safe my friend! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Yannick Dlsr said:

In France we like to celebrate! A few hours from Mardi Gras, we offer you a small costumed ride through the streets of the old town of Metz in eastern France. 

Good viewing and...as a bonus we put the subtitles in English! 

You guys know how to have fun. Great video, and thanks for the subtitles :cheers:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I was formally diagnosed today with a fractured shoulder :(

Shoulder Fracture

The good news is that the bone has healed and that I'm currently dealing with the affects of scar tissue. He said that by waiting 3-months I extended the healing process, but that I did not cause any further damage or long-term negative effects.

I now start 2-months of physical therapy to recover full mobility and strength.

So glad your body physiologically healed itself. Probably best you waited or you might have become a member of our exclusive SIC (surgical implant club). Nothing fun about being indoctrinated. 

8 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

At least I escaped surgery and the insertion of metal bits and pieces like @Rehab1 :)  Speaking of which, Dan, how is your 'new' shoulder injury from the fall in the snow?

Thanks for asking. It hurts during overhead reaching activities but I did not bruise from the fall so the shoulder is not broken. I’m sustained a rotator cuff injury from a winter slip off my  porch 5 years ago so I probably aggravated it again. I need to work through it without any medical/surgical intervention or my wife will halt my riding forever. :(

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, Rama Douglas said:

Yup. Been working on that move and it is difficult. Have come close, but not yet...

You actually have a lot of the prerequisites with your quick footwork. Jumping on the wheel from a standing position and you are there.

I was really never that much interested in this figure. 

I am more impressed by @trya rearward Thompson switch!

BTY, The V5F is not the best platform to practice the "shove it" Monsieur flex has been practicing for years with the Ninebot One. In my opinion the best platform for that style of maneuver.

The V5F has neutral stabilty while the Ninebot has a slight positive stability. If you are interested, study the videos of @Jonathan Tolhurst who is also a "shove it" master.

For the few interested this is why I "downgraded" myself to a Ninebot One E...

Edited by pico
corr
  • Like 3