THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

6 hours ago, Smoother said:

@winterwheel +! on the video.  What is "yegwheel" ?  And what did you cross on that bridge? the fricking Atlantic Ocean!  Jesus that was long.  That poor woman had a long way to walk in that cold.  Did they ever find her body?  I can only imagine that the original settlers of Edmonton arrived in the spring, and by the time winter set in they were too well established to move.  When I live in Houston, I imagined the settlers arriving in the winter because the heat and humidity is killer without A/C.

yegwheel is the semi-formal name of our group that meets once or twice a week to do wheel stuff; the bridge is about 750 meters (half a mile) and crosses a river about 50 meters below the bridge.

Added: "YEG" is the airport code for Edmonton, we use it a lot as shorthand when we talk about the city, so yegwheel is a natural name for the group.

Edited by winterwheel
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bob Eisenman said:

The view from the bridge with the tracks on top is interesting

You can take a trolley car up there and it stops in the middle of the bridge for photos and whatnot. Haven't worked out how to get the wheel up there. :efefa6edcf:

Edited by winterwheel

Droning along Salem Harbor....no snow...no leaves...no sunshine..yet... Salem State University was practicing baseball earlier this week on the baseball field...temp 45 F

https://panoraven.com/slider/30BpWdgCs3

Droning along Salem Harbor  2-7-2019

Red Monster to the right

Edited by Bob Eisenman
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, winterwheel said:

My coldest morning commute coming in at -33C; if you dress right and trust your wheel, travelling in these conditions can be a really beautiful thing. It's interesting to see just how much frost builds up on the face mask in the three minutes it takes to get across the bridge.

This is much colder than normal, which would be about -12 for this time of day and day of the year.

Wow that’s cold! What dedication! Your selfie stick and Insta360 look frozen. :cry2:

32087917957_c63c2610ac_b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rehab1 said:

Wow that’s cold! What dedication! Your selfie stick and Insta360 look frozen. :cry2:

Ha ha... that picture is awesome so I really, really, really hate to say this, but I've been using the GoPro for these runs. I've already broken one Insta and they apparently need a special battery to work in the cold. The Fusion has been performing like a champ though.

12 hours ago, winterwheel said:

My coldest morning commute coming in at -33C; if you dress right and trust your wheel, travelling in these conditions can be a really beautiful thing. It's interesting to see just how much frost builds up on the face mask in the three minutes it takes to get across the bridge.

This is much colder than normal, which would be about -12 for this time of day and day of the year.

Great video and a perfect soundtrack to match :thumbup:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I wonder if any of you EUC jumpers could do this set of stairs

Here's the backstory behind this amazing feat

Awesome backstory! So many things could have gone wrong. Leaving the ER with just a CAM walker is unbelievable given the impact he sustained to his ankle. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rehab1 said:

Awesome backstory! So many things could have gone wrong. Leaving the ER with just a CAM walker is unbelievable given the impact he sustained to his ankle. 

I know. Very cool video and story, but I shake my head at what could have gone wrong. He must have incredible instincts to know how to judge this jump considering that there was no practice. He could have landed short, not twisted the body enough/too-much, etc.

Youth :facepalm:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I know. Very cool video and story, but I shake my head at what could have gone wrong. He must have incredible instincts to know how to judge this jump considering that there was no practice. He could have landed short, not twisted the body enough/too-much, etc.

Youth :facepalm:

How would you even practice that jump? Suppose a cushioned landing surface could be used initially. I believe he would have jumped again if his landing were injury free. The guy definitely has a career waiting for him in a Hollywood as a stuntman. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, winterwheel said:

🌨🌨🌨🌨❄❄❄❄ admirable. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ED209 said:

NonStopNeal skate park session in Hamburg! 

Aww, dude. I tried to watch your vid, but couldn't. Something about your vid format not being recognized by my browser. Too bad. Looks like you had a lot of fun.