THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

22 minutes ago, EUC GUY said:

It will be great once completed. 

The full plan is here. https://www.eucguy.com/blog/custom-electronics-and-new-wheel

Excellent job EUC Guy! I love creative projects like this that end up being successful. Your hard work paid off! Congrats!  :cheers:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

I dont understand a word, but it looks like they made a cool book on riding EUCs.

Awesome cartoons! I can totally equate with the character’s final words at the bottom.

46969021131_bedbe35eaf_b.jpg

9 hours ago, Unventor said:

You just got dare devil of life aka @Rehab1 certificate.

This is pretty risky to go through muddy water like that, as you both can't see bumps or pot holes and at the same time can loose grib anytime due to wet mud accumulated on the bottom.

Good point. Not shown on camera: I did a walk through (several actually) to check depth and surface conditions prior to riding through maybe half a dozen times. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

I dont understand a word, but it looks like they made a cool book on riding EUCs.

If you turn on CC and Auto-translate, YouTube does a decent job at letting you understand their conversation,

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Alien Rides said:

Our EUC group takes on Mount Tamalpais in the Bay Area. We do a small range test with the Ninebot Z10, King Song XL, MSX 84v, and MSX 100v. This mountain was no challenge for us, so we're off to find a higher mountain in the future 😬 Thanks for ewheels for sending the KS 18XL demo unit out to the west coast.

Great vid! Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, winterwheel said:

This is a pretty simple little video, I just wanted to get it out there... it was -29c today when I made a quick run to a nearby coffee shop. I think is the coldest temp that I've ridden in, and likely the coldest day we'll have this winter. The wheel is my stalwart ACM2 which is about nine months old and has 3,501 km on it.

Wow !!!! The man REALLY likes his coffee !!!:shock2: 

Great space music.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, winterwheel said:

This is a pretty simple little video, I just wanted to get it out there... it was -29c today when I made a quick run to a nearby coffee shop. I think is the coldest temp that I've ridden in, and likely the coldest day we'll have this winter. The wheel is my stalwart ACM2 which is about nine months old and has 3,501 km on it.

Very nice. You know, with all the warm weather clothes that you wear, I bet you're protected better than most if you have a fall :thumbup:

You should get the ACM trolley handle. I really enjoy having mine.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Very nice. You know, with all the warm weather clothes that you wear, I bet you're protected better than most if you have a fall :thumbup:

You should get the ACM trolley handle. I really enjoy having mine.

Yeah that's what I always say, falls don't hurt so much in the winter because you're so bundled up on the one hand, and all the sliding when you go down means coming to a relatively gentle stop.

I'd love to use the trolley (I actually have it, just never put it on) but I don't because it feels like the pointy bits might be a bit painful in the event of an unplanned dismount. Also, I don't want to put holes in the shell when I do so much riding in wet/snowy weather.

Plus... it's great exercise lugging a 50lb wheel around. :blink1:

Edited by winterwheel
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, seage said:

I wont post every video I make in here, as thats pretty spammy. But I did feel it would be nice to post my first video back outside since my injury! (and first decent day to ride in weeks, honestly) This was the most comfortable i felt on the wheel! Was able to mount without aid out there. And i went a bit faster than normal! Was still kinda terrifying once I let my mind start ticking, but once I relaxed and just got into it, it was so smooth! I will tell you though, walking my wheel out to the park where I was going to ride, my legs were shaking! Not sure if it was because i was losing circulation due to my garbo kneepads, or because i was nervous! 

Yep! You are over thinking. The balance part of the brain is learning while the thinking part of your brain is trying to take over. It will remain a mind game for several months. You are doing great though. Keep it up. :thumbup:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

Yep! You are over thinking. The balance part of the brain is learning while the thinking part of your brain is trying to take over. It will remain a mind game for several months. You are doing great though. Keep it up. :thumbup:

Thank you! So i really do have to just let my body take over and stop resisting so much. Its crazy just how a simple thought can completely throw my balance into disarray! I haven't learned to ride something that required this much balance since learning to ride a bike, and coming in as an adult with so many preconceptions and built in fears makes it a lot tougher than a child with blissful ignorance haha. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, seage said:

Thank you! So i really do have to just let my body take over and stop resisting so much. Its crazy just how a simple thought can completely throw my balance into disarray! I haven't learned to ride something that required this much balance since learning to ride a bike, and coming in as an adult with so many preconceptions and built in fears makes it a lot tougher than a child with blissful ignorance haha. 

Riding is all about developing muscle memory. A reason why even when you have riding conquered and then attempt backward riding, you have to start from the beginning. Your mind tells your body to move left but everything is backwards. Yet, after months of riding backwards, it becomes instinctual and you discover that you can make the wheel do anything that you want going backwards without any thinking.

There is no shortcut. Just ride, ride, ride .....   Fortunately the journey is very fun

Same goes for all the leg/ankle problems that you will have. The body will need to adjust (and it will). Distance riding is the same way too. 10-miles will initially feel long. But keep extending that distance and you'll eventually be riding 50-miles.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, seage said:

I will never understand this... Im pretty sure this is considered magic in some cultures, haha.

And good choice on song. When that beat came in, it made me scrunch my face and nod to the beat so hard. 

LoL 😁  I guess that makes me a sorcerer. 🧙‍♂️ Thx man! 👊

• Like 1