THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Way to go to get more riders :cheers: And these guys are good if that represents first tries!

The first guy is Haris. He has tried once before and that was on New Year's Eve. He did a 30 minute session in the long hallway in the basement. 
This time was his second time riding so very impressive. The fastest learner i've met so far.

The other guy is Henrik. He has tried out EUCs before a couple of times with some friends. Also very impressive!

A few others at work tried as well but they used the walls for support or I walked behind them holding them by the waist.

Fun stuff!

The Ninebot One E+ feels like a wobbly toy now after riding the MSX. It was hard for me to adjust!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike Sacristan said:

The first guy is Haris. He has tried once before and that was on New Year's Eve. He did a 30 minute session in the long hallway in the basement. 
This time was his second time riding so very impressive. The fastest learner i've met so far.

The other guy is Henrik. He has tried out EUCs before a couple of times with some friends. Also very impressive!

A few others at work tried as well but they used the walls for support or I walked behind them holding them by the waist.

Fun stuff!

The Ninebot One E+ feels like a wobbly toy now after riding the MSX. It was hard for me to adjust!

Are they closer to buying one or do they just see it as a fun 'toy'.

15 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

All work and no play. 

You know what they say. 

Your lucky to work with a group of fun guys! :cheers: Did this guy loose his lunch? :) 

46823700532_7d7bfe9801_b.jpg

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Are they closer to buying one or do they just see it as a fun 'toy'.

No they just see it as fun / death traps. But they know from my MSX stories that these are definitely not toys.

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

Your lucky to work with a group of fun guys! :cheers: Did this guy loose his lunch? :) 

46823700532_7d7bfe9801_b.jpg

Haha from that shot it sort of looks like it. :efee612b4b:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demargon said:

one of my best videos

That looks like some really fun trail riding. I enjoyed it (and perfect music) :cheers:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, KujiRolls said:

I'm back with part 2 of my comparison review of the Gotway MSX vs Kingsong 18XL! Took them out to the park to do some off-roading. These things are tough...

That was crazy man! What an awesome clip, review, comparison. Very impressive riding skills and nice edit!

8 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

That was absolutely fantastic, and man, do you have cojones for some of those wheel challenges :shock2: Attempting that section (successfully) shown in the thumbnail is beyond words.

Looking at the thumbnail, it was just on the limit before damaging the rim! Talk about riding on the edge.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, KujiRolls said:

Yeah, several things were at play. First, i like to ride with really low tire pressure. Second, the temperature suddenly dropped in Beijing (and further reduced the tire pressure). Third, that was pretty much the sharpest corner i could slam into. I it did bottom out on that hit, but luckily with no repercussions. 

Personally I kind of hate really low tire pressure. It amplifies any side balance input as the sidewalls in themselves are not enough to avoid deformation to some extent. Medium-low pressure is OK, and super high will make you wobbly in its own way, but my favorite is somewhere in between.

I prefer much better your rope method!

Geee! I am finding out I took the long road (along a fence) ;)

1 hour ago, trya said:

Some time ago I posted a video where I was learning the Thompson Switch with the help of rope railing.  Here is one more idea for a supporting gear in freestyle training.

My friend who shot the clip makes a comment there: "...this is Mik's preparation for the advanced age wheeling when he'll be 80 and need walking poles" :)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pico said:

I prefer much better your rope method!

From my experience, once you used to it a bit - the poles become quite effective. The advantage comparing to the rope is that they don't confine you to straight line movements and limited space. The disadvantage - the poles are less reliable in protecting you from falling. There are certain tricks, I think, where they might be especially  helpful to build up confidence, for example, learning the one-leg riding on the outer pedal (it is easier to learn riding in circles than with the straight line).

• Like 2