THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

9 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Is short, mind blowing. 🤯

How do you avoid getting balls that big not getting roadrash?😁

I went on a ride today too. Around -1 to +1. No snow, but a few frozzed puddles or patches. About 22 km ride to Ikea different route there and back.

My mind were so tired afterwards due to the constantly focusing on ice and how to control the wheel.

I can say I wouldn't dare to test your road conditions. not even with a helmet and fully geared up.

Haha falling would be interesting. I would probably bounce off the ground with all the clothes I was wearing.
I am vary careful when riding and always have my eyes open for potential hazards. Even if there is a small risk or unknown risk I slow down.
If I do see a clean stretch though... and nobody is around... then I play a bit with the speed. Today when playing with the speed there were a couple of times where I had to slow down quickly and one time I hesitated in slowing down. The path became irregular because of the ice adding texture to it which made me lose a tiny bit of control. Enough for me to remember I wasn't wearing a helmet.

-1 to +1. Our favourite haha! Somewhere between ice and slush. Every day that we can ride is a great day!

10 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Today's ride.
23km. New max speed of 32.6km/h.
After today I turned off tilt back. If the wheel beeps audibly at 30km/h i'm fine and I can also have Darknessbot at a lower speed to stay compliant when required. 

That was fantastic Mike. So fun to be 'talking' to each other via video. It does look beautify there, but I don't know - that cold :cry2:

P.s. Loved your Little Planet shot :thumbup:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, trya said:

Come on @Marty Backe, the summer is not only in California, we in NJ think that this is kind of summer here too :)

Amazing @trya Ignoring the fact that you're a damn good windsurfer, I've got to applaud you for not letting the weather get in your way of having fun :cheers:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

That was fantastic Mike. So fun to be 'talking' to each other via video. It does look beautify there, but I don't know - that cold :cry2:

Come on Marty, you can do it,. This is a must have in your review tests. Cold weather test:popcorn:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Glad you liked it! If I just get my gloves/boots game together it would be 100% fine. I feel no cold whatsoever in my upper body or legs which is a relief.

Haha yeah I couldn't resist. The little planet perspective on 360 cams is hilarious. It was worth a try. :)

20 hours ago, trya said:

Come on @Marty Backe, the summer is not only in California, we in NJ think that this is kind of summer here too :)

Strong stuff Trya! Curious...would this be considered a windsurfer ‘faceplant’? ;)

45917513865_30daf59ba6_b.jpg

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 2

I am just curious. Is this guy riding with the feet really forward on the pedals?

4 hours ago, ED209 said:

An unique Ninebot Z10! 

Video credit: D R O N I E L

Are there many riders doing that?

If so, why?

Edited by pico

13 minutes ago, pico said:

I am just curious. Is this guy riding with the feet really forward on the pedals?

If so, why?

Me too. It's more comfortable on longer rides for me. And I feel it like cruise control too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pico said:

If so, why?

I tend to feel more balanced on the wheel with my feet slightly more forward than backwards too...although I am constantly moving around to find that sweet spot. 

Edited by Rama Douglas

3 hours ago, pico said:

If so, why?

On the XL I don't pay that much attention to where my feet are, but on the KS 16s my heal is at the end of the pedal and my toes are outside the pedal. 

3 hours ago, pico said:

If so, why?

Big feet.

Some say that the back of the shoe should be even with the back of the pedal. But then they make the pedals bigger or someone has big feet. I have noticed that most people end up with the front of their shin even with the center line of the wheel. If you look at the picture the back of the shoe is hanging off the back just a little. The front of the shin still lines up with the center of the wheel and his toes hang over the front quite a bit. - Big Feet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rama Douglas said:

I tend to feel more balanced on the wheel with my feet slightly more forward than backwards too...although I am constantly moving around to find that sweet spot. 

I am aware of your style of riding and a bit surprised. Is it possible that you are set up differently when "dancing" compared to cruising?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, pico said:

I am aware of your style of riding and a bit surprised. Is it possible that you are set up differently when "dancing" compared to cruising?

Oh, yes. While dancing, my feet are all over the place. They start out fairly centered (on small pedalled V5F), then the feet go wherever they need to to keep me off my hind end 😜. I was mainly referring to how I've been riding the new XL. Trying not to do much freestyle on that wheel. We'll see though as I get more used to all the extra weight and power. Plus, since I achieved a VERY scary death wobble on it a few days ago, I'm now constantly checking my foot positioning, as I'm trying to figure out what went wrong. I believe it was mostly that it was toward the end of a 40 mile ride and my muscles we're very fatigued. It seems less prone to wobble with my feet a bit forward. 

Edited by Rama Douglas
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, pico said:

Interesting... So far I managed to classify three types of wobbles.

Tire induced.( has to do with tire pressure, can cause ejection of the rider by lateral forces upon hiting objects)

Deceleration induced (has to do with center of mass vs center of thrust)

Pilot induced oscillation (fatigue or nervousness or way of squeezing the wheel ) 

Feel free to correct or add others if I am mistaken.

Unfortunately, all those may have been a contributing factor, except for squeezing the wheel, which I almost never do as my stance is generally wide. Oh, and the road was very smooth, and didn't hit any bumps to cause it. I was riding at around 40psi, that day, legs spent, and I was cruising around 22mph, around a slight right turn, and gentle downslope. When I tried to decelerate on the down slope, it started the DW, and I couldn't do much other than be the rodeo clown and hold on for dear life. I was able to slow it down a few mph, before dismounting. From there, the gear did it's job and I was unhurt (except for psychologically) 🙃 I'm taking a much needed break from it today to give my body a rest...

Edited by Rama Douglas
  • Like 1