THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

2 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

I installed the rubber GW mudguard on my MSX......... I think it is the best looking part.  I did not like the idea of screwing into the wheel at first but I got over it because it works better than all of the other mudguards and in the end I am less afraid of it causing damage to the wheel. I was afraid that if I landed wrong on the hard plastic mudguard it would not only break the mudguard it might break the plastic on the wheel. 

Thanks that's a relief to hear. I've been putting it off. And now here I am with a dirty salty jacket.
My MSX was delivered with the GW rubber mudguard. It's still in the bag. No more screwing around! Oh wait...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

GoPro 6. 4k@24fps. Protune with native color mode. Superwide.

Thanks! This is a difficult problem to solve with current battery chemistry, but I’ll check if your shooting conditions are consistent with other customers’ who have frozen out their battery while shooting.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jon Stern said:

Thanks! This is a difficult problem to solve with current battery chemistry, but I’ll check if your shooting conditions are consistent with other customers’ who have frozen out their battery while shooting.

I didn't make it easier for the camera either. Because when I wasn't filming I had it in my outer front pocket. -2C and 27km/h just made it too cold.
I started with a full charge. It died 40 minutes into the ride. It was at 30% and the immediately displayed low battery and died. A couple of hours later I managed to make a 2 second long clip and it died again.
So at that point I realised what I had done.

1 hour ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Travelling with a wheel is something I have been thinking about a lot! It opens up a whole new world of being able to explore in a fun and effortless way. I used to bike all over the place. I remember biking to San Miguel quite often to hang out with some girls. That was 12km but it felt like an eternity! 

Sounds like an awesome time! How did you get the wheel there?

Sorry, forgot to answer this one. I ordered it from Germany when I was staying in Provence .  It was the first month of a 5 month road trip.  It turned up about two days before I had to leave for Spain, but I did manage to get in a few hours of practice.  You haven't lived until your first hour of EUC training is on a basketball court shared with 15 French kids playing football.  Nothing says "incoming!" like footballs whizzing past your head while riding an EUC.  That was the end of October.

Days later I was in Casteldefelle near Barcelona.  That's where I really learned to ride Sitges, Barcelona etc.  That was November.  December was spent in Denia, January too I think.  March February was Cabo Roig (torrevieja area).

53 minutes ago, ED209 said:

Ninebot Z10 Expert Rider

Video Credit: Noah Couchot

Amazing manoeuvrability! 

Another great video find! The guy handles the wheel exceptionally well. My knees hurt just watching his bow legged stance. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ED209 said:

Ninebot Z10 Expert Rider

Video Credit: Noah Couchot

Amazing manoeuvrability! 

That's @Sam Clegg, one of the San Francisco riders. We enjoyed some riding together when I visited last year. He is a very good rider :thumbup:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Another great video find! The guy handles the wheel exceptionally well. My knees hurt just watching his bow legged stance. 

Videos like this make the Z10 sooo desirable, I can feel it! 😁

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Here you go @Rehab1, and all you other guys suffering from chilly weather :efee6b18f3:

Never mind the sunny weather look at the Z10 ,i love the way it moves , just swaying from side to side just sauntering along Aaah bliss , ok I'm a little jel of the weather 😀

13 hours ago, Smoother said:

Sorry, forgot to answer this one. I ordered it from Germany when I was staying in Provence .  It was the first month of a 5 month road trip.  It turned up about two days before I had to leave for Spain, but I did manage to get in a few hours of practice.  You haven't lived until your first hour of EUC training is on a basketball court shared with 15 French kids playing football.  Nothing says "incoming!" like footballs whizzing past your head while riding an EUC.  That was the end of October.

Days later I was in Casteldefelle near Barcelona.  That's where I really learned to ride Sitges, Barcelona etc.  That was November.  December was spent in Denia, January too I think.  March February was Cabo Roig (torrevieja area).

I was thinking of something similar. Perhaps ordering it to Spain ahead of time. 

Sounds like quite the tour and of those life adventures that must be done. 

I was thinking of something similar. Perhaps ordering it to Spain ahead of time. 

Sounds like quite the tour and of those life adventures that must be done. 

I'll be doing it again soon. Once is never enough.

Thanks for sharing! Looks amazing.

Sunny today and -4. Time to go for a ride and maybe try to ride over a frozen lake.

Only -2 here AND SUNNY.  Time for another ride

• Like 1

Today's ride.
23km. New max speed of 32.6km/h.
After today I turned off tilt back. If the wheel beeps audibly at 30km/h i'm fine and I can also have Darknessbot at a lower speed to stay compliant when required. 

I really appreciate this video, very nice to see someone else driving out in those conditions and getting it on tape.:efefae4566:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, winterwheel said:

I really appreciate this video, very nice to see someone else driving out in those conditions and getting it on tape.:efefae4566:

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed! I actually think the snow and ice makes it a bit more exciting. In the beginning I was worried about ruining my EUC but I believe in it now.

My GoPro 6 fared better today. I made sure to record at 1080 and also when not in use I kept it in my inside pocket.

Just now, stephen said:

Now we are showing are age :lol: tbh i still use that phrase:rolleyes:

Haha! "Did you get that on tape?"

2 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Today's ride.
23km. New max speed of 32.6km/h.
After today I turned off tilt back. If the wheel beeps audibly at 30km/h i'm fine and I can also have Darknessbot at a lower speed to stay compliant when required. 

Is short, mind blowing. 🤯

How do you avoid getting balls that big not getting roadrash?😁

I went on a ride today too. Around -1 to +1. No snow, but a few frozzed puddles or patches. About 22 km ride to Ikea different route there and back.

My mind were so tired afterwards due to the constantly focusing on ice and how to control the wheel.

I can say I wouldn't dare to test your road conditions. not even with a helmet and fully geared up.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1