THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

3 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

To change the subject a bit, what is the deal with your signature picture? It's like IN YOUR FACE huge, but seems unrelated to anything. Maybe I'll feel better about it if I know why I'm looking at it :)

Sorry, something just snapped within me :unsure:

:roflmao:I've been wanting to ask that for weeks.  But I couldn't have put it as well as you did. At first I thought it was a screen shot of a wheel app, and relevant to the current post, but when I kept seeing it, it finally twigged.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

To change the subject a bit, what is the deal with your signature picture? It's like IN YOUR FACE huge, but seems unrelated to anything. Maybe I'll feel better about it if I know why I'm looking at it :)

Sorry, something just snapped within me :unsure:

Omg sorry! It wasn't supposed to be there or show up. I just used the signature upload mechanism as a means of transferring my Ninebot One E+ setting and serial so I could get the unlock code and change the firmware to model P.

When I was done I deleted the image from my signature but apparently the signature didn't want to be empty. Now I replaced the screenshot with a "." and have also managed to removed the "."

Aaaargh and all this time nobody said anything!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Well it sound like someone will have to spend the summer in Spain, "rediscovering his youthful self"  and I'm not just talking about you.

Haha sounds awesome. When I was living in Torrevieja I had quite a few english friends.
A funny observation also is that most of us are on the older side. I lived in Torrevieja från 1988-1993. So from the age of 14-19.
Beach, work, party.

Just now, Smoother said:

Well....we knew how angry you were so we were all afraid to say anything. :D

LMFAO! You guys are the worst! You would let me sit there all evening during dinner with a whole asparagus between my teeth and not say anything.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Omg sorry! It wasn't supposed to be there or show up. I just used the signature upload mechanism as a means of transferring my Ninebot One E+ setting and serial so I could get the unlock code and change the firmware to model P.

When I was done I deleted the image from my signature but apparently the signature didn't want to be empty. Now I replaced the screenshot with a "." and have also managed to removed the "."

:thumbup:

Thank you, and the world thanks you :eff00eab1e:

• Like 3

LMFAO! You guys are the worst! You would let me sit there all evening during dinner with a whole asparagus between my teeth and not say anything.

Yep. Pretty much.

Speaking of Torrevieja, I spent a month living down the beach from there. a few winters back.  Had my KS14c with me and wheeled hundreds of miles all around there from Alicante in the north to La Manga and Cartagena in the south.  I loved it.

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, winterwheel said:

Great video, I'd love to try doing 45k one of these days, my winter max has been about 10. On mudguards, I ruined two expensive leather jackets last winter, the spray came up off the back of the wheel onto the back of the jackets which became a wrinkled mess that I really didn't notice until too late.:angry:

Thanks! I wanted to pass 40km because my previous longest ride on an electric vehicle was 40km and that was on an electric longboard.

Damn man... poor poor leather jackets. At least you looked cool from the front during those rides. I would probably be hesitant to ride with my leather jacket. It's not the MC kind.. just purely for show. 

4 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Speaking of Torrevieja, I spent a month living down the beach from there. a few winters back.  Had my KS14c with me and wheeled hundreds of miles all around there from Alicante in the north to La Manga and Cartagena in the south.  I loved it.

Travelling with a wheel is something I have been thinking about a lot! It opens up a whole new world of being able to explore in a fun and effortless way. I used to bike all over the place. I remember biking to San Miguel quite often to hang out with some girls. That was 12km but it felt like an eternity! 

Sounds like an awesome time! How did you get the wheel there?

9 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

You know, now I'm a bit sad. For these past weeks I've been seeing that God awful (I feel OK saying that now, knowing it wasn't intentional) picture, but it became part of Mike. "Hey, there's that again, Mike just posted something :)

Now you've just erased part of your personality :lol: Plus, nobody's going to know what we're talking about.

Maybe you can post it to the Photo thread so when I'm feeling nostalgic I can wonder over there :facepalm:  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

You know, now I'm a bit sad. For these past weeks I've been seeing that God awful (I feel OK saying that now, knowing it wasn't intentional) picture, but it became part of Mike. "Hey, there's that again, Mike just posted something :)

Now you've just erased part of your personality :lol: Plus, nobody's going to know what we're talking about.

Maybe you can post it to the Photo thread so when I'm feeling nostalgic I can wonder over there :facepalm:  

You know, now you mention it, it was a rather angry picture. I mean all sorts of unintelligible data, unfamiliar fields, etc.  It certainly made me angry.;) Not the photo thread, post it once here, since this is the thread where the unaskable question was asked.  It would make more sense, n'est pas?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Smoother said:

You know, now you mention it, it was a rather angry picture. I mean all sorts of unintelligible data, unfamiliar fields, etc.  It certainly made me angry.;) Not the photo thread, post it once here, since this is the thread where the unaskable question was asked.  It would make more sense, n'est pas?

Haha. I could always make a small version of it and use it as my signature and write some text next to it.
"This used to be my signature but it was 10 times bigger. Nobody said anything but everyone secretly hated me."

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Haha. I could always make a small version of it and use it as my signature and write some text next to it.
"This used to be my signature but it was 10 times bigger. Nobody said anything but everyone secretly hated me."

:roflmao:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

On a completely unrelated subject. How do you un ignore Mikes someones signature? :D

Can you see anyone else's signature?
There is a global setting here: https://forum.electricunicycle.org/settings/signature/ where you can toggle signature viewing on/off.

You see! Now you're getting it.  Everybody's angry about something, they just don't always feel like talking about it for fear of being misunderstood or ridiculed.  Now don't we all feel better!?:D

• Like 1

Speaking of huge signatures, @Marty Backe yours isn't exactly on the small side.:ph34r:  But, at least someone is happy about it; I mean you're smiling, Aren't you!

In fact, since @Mike Sacristan removed his after your heckling, yours is now officially the biggest.:mellow:

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Alrighty now my video is finally ready!

I went for a long ride today. It was -9C in the morning. I waited until it was -2C (12:30PM) and went for a ride. During the ride the temperature rose to 0C.
I have a mud guard but I have not yet put it on the MSX. As I understand it has to be screwed on which means mangling the plastic at the back. I will see if there is another way. The back of my jacket got sprayed with salt water though so it's going to be fun cleaning it.

Total ride was around 45km. The wheel stopped tracking distance at some point and even the wheels total mileage / odometer is missing around 20km somehow. I did fall/tip a couple of times at around 2km/h and according to forum legend there is talk of mileage resetting when this happens.

Anyway I had a blast. Put on plenty of layers of clothes and 2 pairs of gloves. Hardly needed to rest either and only took 2 short stops. Used the full face helmet which is interesting as always as it makes everything feel slower.

Enjoyed the video. But you ended with a cliff hanger, "I'm kind of stuck on it, and ..." :lol:  In your part of the world, definitely install the mudguard.

Three words that capture the essence of how I live a happy and peaceful life: Stoicism, Mindfulness, and Memento Mori. Well worth the time understanding each and incorporating them into your life :cheers:

9 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Speaking of huge signatures, @Marty Backe yours isn't exactly on the small side.:ph34r:  But, at least someone is happy about it; I mean you're smiling, Aren't you!

In fact, since @Mike Sacristan removed his after your heckling, yours is now officially the biggest.:mellow:

:blink1:  Enjoy it while you can. It's getting bigger when I add the XL ;)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Enjoyed the video. But you ended with a cliff hanger, "I'm kind of stuck on it, and ..." :lol:  In your part of the world, definitely install the mudguard.

Three words that capture the essence of how I live a happy and peaceful life: Stoicism, Mindfulness, and Memento Mori. Well worth the time understanding each and incorporating them into your life :cheers:

Glad you enjoyed! One second after the clip goes to black I put up some scrolling text á la Star Wars explaining that the GoPro died because of the cold. Now that I think about it I should have put up the text immediately afterwards or as an overlay before fading to black.

Thank you! I will invest some time to understand those concepts properly.

• Like 1

Glad you enjoyed! One second after the clip goes to black I put up some scrolling text á la Star Wars explaining that the GoPro died because of the cold. Now that I think about it I should have put up the text immediately afterwards or as an overlay before fading to black.

Thank you! I will invest some time to understand those concepts properly.

Which camera were you using, and what mode were you shooting in?

8 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

EMMM! I love Mentos too.  But I think you spelled it wrong.;)

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 1

I installed the rubber GW mudguard on my MSX......... I think it is the best looking part.  I did not like the idea of screwing into the wheel at first but I got over it because it works better than all of the other mudguards and in the end I am less afraid of it causing damage to the wheel. I was afraid that if I landed wrong on the hard plastic mudguard it would not only break the mudguard it might break the plastic on the wheel. 

• Like 1