THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

4 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

No way are you climbing on top of my shoulders! :lol: I thought about another photoshop moment but decided to pass. :facepalm:

:roflmao:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I woke up today, saw sunshine and mid-60's, called off work, and went for a ride :efee6b18f3:

I envy you Marty.  In the past I’ve tried calling off work at the spur of the moment but parents get angry. Some were not even sorry that I broke my arm. The just want their kids treated ASAP. I should retire early why I’m still able to  ride. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, winterwheel said:

So here's a little snippet from my time in Canmore. Only 720p due to a bit of technical snafu by a member of the camera crew.:efeee20b79:

Love the snow sounds in this video, and those mountains in the background - spectacular. Fire that crew member for not capturing it in HD ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Love the snow sounds in this video, and those mountains in the background - spectacular. Fire that crew member for not capturing it in HD ;)

Thanks! I think I'll just make him do it over in a few weeks. :efee47c9c8:

1 hour ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Born in Canada. Spanish parents. In 1987 when I was 13 they had enough of the cold winters.
So we moved to Torrevieja. I had to learn spanish, go to spanish school and so on.
A few years after that I met a swedish girl in Spain. I went back to Sweden with her (1991) for 3 months. I was 17 and she was 19.
Went back to Spain, applied for temporary residency in Sweden and went through the whole process (this was before EU).
Then we broke up of course. But I stayed.
Now i'm at that age that my father was when he wanted to move from Canada because of the cold.
I could consider moving from Sweden because of the cold... Spain comes to mind haha.

iI have a tip for you, do not visit Copenhagen, If you want to move south....high risk you will stay:D

Sould you come to Gothenburg, it could be fun to meet up. 

1 minute ago, Unventor said:

iI have a tip for you, do not visit Copenhagen, If you want to move south....high risk you will stay:D

Sould you come to Gothenburg, it could be fun to meet up. 

Haha really? Maybe it's time to explore then. The only thing that has stopped me from leaving Stockholm is that I identify too much with my profession and career. But who knows maybe that will change now that I quit my job. I'm going to take a year off and think about life. And ride the shit out of my MSX.

Thanks! It would definitely be great to meet up. I have been to Gothenburg twice but that was 19 years ago. I really liked it though. Much more appealing than the circus that Stockholm has become. Same goes for you. If you are ever around Stockholm let me know. I live south of Stockholm (Örby) and there are plenty of nice paths and trails to be discovered.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Haha really? Maybe it's time to explore then. The only thing that has stopped me from leaving Stockholm is that I identify too much with my profession and career. But who knows maybe that will change now that I quit my job. I'm going to take a year off and think about life. And ride the shit out of my MSX.

Thanks! It would definitely be great to meet up. I have been to Gothenburg twice but that was 19 years ago. I really liked it though. Much more appealing than the circus that Stockholm has become. Same goes for you. If you are ever around Stockholm let me know. I live south of Stockholm (Örby) and there are plenty of nice paths and trails to be discovered.

I tend not to travel that much, since I have 2 cats. I hsve 1 person that have helped looking after them. But I tend to save that kind of favours for when I can't avoid traveling with work.

As long it is only a sleep over visit at a hotel it works. Maybe spring is time to book a train ticket. more cost effeciant than taking the car. 

I love the cats, but since I got my wheels, I get mot more. 

2 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I tend not to travel that much, since I have 2 cats. I hsve 1 person that have helped looking after them. But I tend to save that kind of favours for when I can't avoid traveling with work.

As long it is only a sleep over visit at a hotel it works. Maybe spring is time to book a train ticket. more cost effeciant than taking the car. 

I love the cats, but since I got my wheels, I get mot more. 

The community where we live has a guest apartment that we can book and rent for 200 SEK a day. Cheap! :)

Yeah I have a cat too (well my wife does but if she does then it's the same as me having a cat). So I know all about the hassle of getting a cat-sitter.
Have you ever had your wheel on the train? Any remarks or complaints? I would love to explore Sweden on my MSX haha. Just need a fast charger. Can't spend 12 hours+ charging the thing.

3 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

The community where we live has a guest apartment that we can book and rent for 200 SEK a day. Cheap! :)

Yeah I have a cat too (well my wife does but if she does then it's the same as me having a cat). So I know all about the hassle of getting a cat-sitter.
Have you ever had your wheel on the train? Any remarks or complaints? I would love to explore Sweden on my MSX haha. Just need a fast charger. Can't spend 12 hours+ charging the thing.

Not yet. I went down to Copenhagen by car bought out my KS18L and rode around a bit. Then met up with an old university friend. But plans are to go down there again.

• Like 1

Not sure if these old videos have been posted, I found them interesting. 

Video Credit: Delight Device

MSuperV3s tricks

EUC fails

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ED209 said:

Not sure if these old videos have been posted, I found them interesting. 

Video Credit: Delight Device

MSuperV3s tricks

EUC fails

WOW! At 4:10 onwards really emphasizes the need for protection.  I'm pretty sure that in addition to giving his wrists a good thump, his left forehead/temple area took a good whack also.  It's interesting that they finished filming at his point.  Possible wrist and head injury at 2mph (when learning to do tricks, or learning in general)

Just watched it again at .25 speed.  His head definitely took a knock, and his left wrist too.  When he gets up he is definitely favoring his left wrist.  He's got more skills than me, but on that day/week/month he had more pain and injuries too. No pain, no gain, right?

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Smoother said:

WOW! At 4:10 onwards really emphasizes the need for protection.  I'm pretty sure that in addition to giving his wrists a good thump, his left forehead/temple area took a good whack also.  It's interesting that they finished filming at his point.  Possible wrist and head injury at 2mph (when learning to do tricks, or learning in general)

Glad you like the content 😊

7 minutes ago, ED209 said:

Glad you like the content 😊

I enjoyed the videos, but I don't enjoy watching people get hurt.  But from an educational perspective it's all valuable.  I hope he recovered quickly.

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

What exactly is your profession, that allows you to take a 1-year sabbatical? Speaking as an envious Yank :rolleyes:

No problem ignoring my question if you want to keep things private, but I figured it can't hurt to ask :whistling:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Smoother said:

Just watched it again at .25 speed.  His head definitely took a knock, and his left wrist too.  When he gets up he is definitely favoring his left wrist.  He's got more skills than me, but on that day/week/month he had more pain and injuries too. No pain, no gain, right?

Yes his head definitely hit the pavement. I hope he is OK!  I’m as guilty as the next about not wearing full gear riding at such a slow pace but even at 2 MPH you still can sustain a significant injury. 

45886496945_4120240844_b.jpg

• Like 3