THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

16 hours ago, ED209 said:

How good is the Gotway Tesla in Arctic conditions? 

Video Credit: Mono Set

From my experience of biking and EUC rinding in winter conditions, its more about the conditions than the vehicle. Riding on snow/ice when the temperature is between +2 (35F) and -1 (30F) will make you shit spagetti for a week. I'm still recovering from a light concussion after not paying attention to cold air pockets where the new snow suddenly became dry and had not bonded to polished ice underneath. Below -10 (14F) you can ride quite comfortable, because the snow and ice has so much friction when it gets really cold, but I wouldn't want to ride if the battery gets to cold. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Espen R said:

From my experience of biking and EUC rinding in winter conditions, its more about the conditions than the vehicle. Riding on snow/ice when the temperature is between +2 (35F) and -1 (30F) will make you shit spagetti for a week. I'm still recovering from a light concussion after not paying attention to cold air pockets where the new snow suddenly became dry and had not bonded to polished ice underneath. Below -10 (14F) you can ride quite comfortable, because the snow and ice has so much friction when it gets really cold, but I wouldn't want to ride if the battery gets to cold. 

That is spot on. I would go as far as saying the span is slightly larger -3°C to +3°C or so, depending on amount of ice and snow left on the road. Especially bad if there's a lot of slush and moisture that freeze a bit overnight and then thaw some during the day.

OTOH under those conditions, walking, biking and even driving a car are hazardous too. Unless you have very good boots or studs.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Scatcat said:

That is spot on. I would go as far as saying the span is slightly larger -3°C to +3°C or so, depending on amount of ice and snow left on the road. Especially bad if there's a lot of slush and moisture that freeze a bit overnight and then thaw some during the day.

OTOH under those conditions, walking, biking and even driving a car are hazardous too. Unless you have very good boots or studs.

You're probably right increasing the temperature span, especially in a coastal climate like Gothenburg. I live 190 km north of you, where it is a bit dryer, so here it starts to be some friction in the ice at -2, but I'm not really comfortable riding before it drops below -3. I once lived close to Lillehammer in Norway, where it gets really cold and dry, and from -20 and below, it was so much friction it felt like I was biking uphill all the time:)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Scatcat said:

So we are back to....

786224d486be40af99ddc301bc99c91e?resize=

:w00t2::thumbup::clap3:

• Like 2

Yesterday we started the day at -7 degrees. In the evening we got snow and then we ended up at +4 degrees and rain.
So the rain ended up coating everything and then we quickly went down to minus degrees for a lovely layer of ice everywhere!
Winter is now here and we will be stuck at minus degrees for the next week or so.

I think I have to go for a ride and see how it goes.

• Like 3

Z10 v MSX part one

Split screen Comparison 

Video Credit: Robert Navarro 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, winterwheel said:

-18c here this morning with a light dusting of new snow overnight, rode to work no issues. 

Why don't you give us another Winter Video - I loved that one where there was crunchy ice/snow everywhere and there was silence in the air. Very peaceful. I can't remember the context of that video, if you remember what I'm talking about.

@Mike Sacristan, we need a wintery video from you too :popcorn:

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Why don't you give us another Winter Video - I loved that one where there was crunchy ice/snow everywhere and there was silence in the air. Very peaceful. I can't remember the context of that video, if you remember what I'm talking about.

@Mike Sacristan, we need a wintery video from you too :popcorn:

I have three in development right now, just getting back into the swing of things after my son's wedding out in Canmore, great time, but I had been dreading doing the father-of-the-groom speech for the past six months, nice to have that done.

Super pumped to finish up on the first one after your having mentioned it though. :laughbounce2:

Edited by winterwheel
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Yesterday we started the day at -7 degrees. In the evening we got snow and then we ended up at +4 degrees and rain.
So the rain ended up coating everything and then we quickly went down to minus degrees for a lovely layer of ice everywhere!
Winter is now here and we will be stuck at minus degrees for the next week or so.

I think I have to go for a ride and see how it goes.

We had similar here in Gothenburg. But luckily most snow and ice melted. So rodas and parhways and bike lanes are mostly free of ice this early evening. I hope tomorrow morning I be able to ride to work despite freezing temperatures tonight. 

17 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

This is the best I can do for now.
I'll try my GoPro 6 next time and see how it does in the dark.
Sorry for the 720p!

One of the joys of winter riding that you don't think of ... unless you are unemployed, any weekday rides are generally riding in the dark.

4 minutes ago, winterwheel said:

One of the joys of winter riding that you don't think of ... unless you are unemployed, any weekday rides are generally riding in the dark.

Haha yes. :) No matter how I try to hurry home. The sun went down at 3:30 PM today.
Totally fine with riding in the dark though.

I was born and raised in Toronto and the winters there were also quite harsh but sounds like yours are even worse!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, winterwheel said:

They laid off most of their Fusion crew, and it has been generally believed that GoPro Fusion is a dead-camera-walking.

Ah, the joys of the internet getting the wrong end of the stick!

The Fusion team was not laid off. The old Kolor team in France who originated the desktop stitching software was laid off.

An indepth review of the less talked about Kingsong 16B! 

Video Credit: Neon EUC

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jon Stern said:

Ah, the joys of the internet getting the wrong end of the stick!

The Fusion team was not laid off. The old Kolor team in France who originated the desktop stitching software was laid off.

Interesting. Even the 360 guys on YouTube in their latest recommendations had been saying Fusion might be the best quality camera, but is kind of a dead end. Since I have one, and it is still my go to camera even after buying two Insta One X's, I am very happy that Fusion is still kicking.

Edited by winterwheel

17 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Haha yes. :) No matter how I try to hurry home. The sun went down at 3:30 PM today.
Totally fine with riding in the dark though.

I was born and raised in Toronto and the winters there were also quite harsh but sounds like yours are even worse!

How did you end up in Stockholm? 

3 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

No way are you climbing on top of my shoulders! :lol:

This needs to happen! 😂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1