THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

6 hours ago, ED209 said:

So you have upgraded from the Insta 360 one? Is there a big difference between one and one X? Is it worth the upgrade? 

It's a huge upgrade. The bump in resolution is impressive. HDR and slow-motion is not available in the One. Removable battery (if you can get one) is also great.

The X is not a minor upgrade over the One.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Smoother said:

@Marty Backe two observations from your insta360 x video.

1.That Honda turning in, across the sidewalk almost hit you, I would have yielded there, knowing that people have no idea how fast we move compared to pedestrians.

2. Here in England we pay about twice (adjusted approximately from imperial to US gallons)for gas ($6.31/US gallon ) than you do. (gas station price sign) . I Fu*&%$ing hate southern California.:angry:  By which I mean, I wish I lived there :P As long as I don't get ill

Get an electric car, say FU to the oil companies.  With electric, you can decide where to get the energy from and usually it is much cheaper than gas, 4-5X cheaper.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

It's a huge upgrade. The bump in resolution is impressive. HDR and slow-motion is not available in the One. Removable battery (if you can get one) is also great.

The X is not a minor upgrade over the One.

Thanks,  even though others have before commented how great the X,  sometimes we have to ask for your opinion as you mention the key benefits over the one. Will now focus on getting the X at some point. 😀

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ED209 said:

Thanks,  even though others have before commented how great the X,  sometimes we have to ask for your opinion as you mention the key benefits over the one. Will now focus on getting the X at some point. 😀

I never want to use another action camera now. It's "X" or nothing. The only negative, and it's a big one, is its susceptibility to damage because of the protruding lenses. But that's inherent to all 360 cameras. I'm going to do my best to protect this one, but if I damage it I'll just have to suck it up and get another "X". I really love this model.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Smoother said:

2. Here in England we pay about twice (adjusted approximately from imperial to US gallons)for gas ($6.31/US gallon ) than you do. (gas station price sign) . I Fu*&%$ing hate southern California.:angry:  By which I mean, I wish I lived there :P As long as I don't get ill

I’m from England, and I lived in SoCal for 11 years (now I’m in Northern California), while there is much to like, overall I didn't like the area (despite living in Laguna Beach).

My wife was born and grew up there and she wants to move to the UK.

I know a lot of British go lala for SoCal, while never missing an opportunity to bash our own country, but I can tell you that there's a lot of things that are not so great about that part of the world.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rama Douglas said:

This looks like a good work out, very cool trick at the end also, is this what you do while waiting for traffic to change from red to green? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Unventor said:

It is kinda mind-blowing to think how many and how their life might have been, the guest before you. How many conversations there has been in this place.

Yeah, and they all go something like this:  "Can you believe the weather today?!!|":P

About that pub: Wikipedia says the oldest part of the current building was built in 1650.  That's nothing.  I spent Christmas and New Year's in a house built in the 14th century; 1500 and something.:)

Edited by Smoother

13 minutes ago, ED209 said:

This looks like a good work out, very cool trick at the end also, is this what you do while waiting for traffic to change from red to green? 

Yes. This was without tunes. (added later). I try to never touch the ground when I go out unless my legs need a rest... thanks!

22 minutes ago, Jon Stern said:

I’m from England, and I lived in SoCal for 11 years (now I’m in Northern California), while there is much to like, overall I didn't like the area (despite living in Laguna Beach).

I know a lot of British go lala for SoCal, while never missing an opportunity to bash our own country, but I can tell you that there's a lot of things that are not so great about that part of the world.

Every location has its issues. But I do love my life in Southern California :efee6b18f3:  YMMV

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jon Stern said:

Sure, I understand.  Living in Compton on minimum wage having to take 3 buses to work would be my idea of hell, so. cal or no so. cal..  Being Marty's next door neighbor, on the other hand, wouldn't be without its advantages:D.  For a little balance, I did live in the US for a while (28 years), mostly Texas, with a brief stint in New Jersey (which exit?;)).  You can drive 3 miles in Houston and move from an idyllic neighborhood, to crime central, Same for London too. In winter I'm a sun worshiper, and after 3 months of a Texas summer, I'm longing for a cold spell.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

Get an electric car, say FU to the oil companies.  With electric, you can decide where to get the energy from and usually it is much cheaper than gas, 4-5X cheaper.

I haven't had a car note since 2003.  I buy used, for cash.  Plunking down around £25,000 for a low end hybrid (never mind a Tesla) would be insanity.  I'd have to drive it for 30 years before the savings in gas outweighed the cost and interest. The cost of fuel in England is mostly tax.  We pay something like 70% fuel tax AND THEN they charge 20% on top of that VAT.  The oil companies actually charge less for fuel than a fancy bottle of water.  Which is pretty f-ing reasonable, considering what they have to do to get it to us.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lutalo said:

Just a note of caution. We had a big hiccup connecting the device and stitching vid with the Insta Beta editing software for the 360 One X camera

I don't have a fancy pants 360 camera. but I appreciate the time you took you warn others of the issues you discovered.  One day if I get a 360x I guarantee I will look for this post

and wont be able to find it..

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Smoother said:

I don't have a fancy pants 360 camera. but I appreciate the time you took you warn others of the issues you discovered.  One day if I get a 360x a guarantee I will look for this post

and wont be able to find it..

:D It will be long buried by then. Shit. By tomorrow you will have to scroll back 4 pages to find it. In a month impossible.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Smoother said:

One day if I get a 360x I guarantee I will look for this post

.and wont be able to find it..

Just stick Page 439 on your mirror Smoother.;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Demargon said:

Electric scooter and unicycle in Alcalá de Henares natural park. Sharing the path and enyoing the views with riders from Madrid

Nice video. Big group. Why are you guys crossing that creek on foot? Is that by choice?

Holy shite @Rehab1 I just caught a glimpse of your signature line.:o BA and AA?  I remember when you were quitting this dangerous activity.  Looks like you've been ramping it up big time instead.  You've had more wheels since the accident than most people have had (input witty anecdotal simile here).

BTW: "AWYA" another nice one.

I'm beginning to think you have a mistress.  Why else would you be driving your wife to divorce you?

1 minute ago, Lutalo said:

Nice video. Big group. Why are you guys crossing that creek on foot? Is that by choice?

Why? did you want to see them crossing by hand stand?

• Like 3