THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

6 hours ago, Alien Rides said:

The Gotway pedal rod infuriates me, and this last extraction was my toughest battle yet. Patiently waiting for a better design, or stronger materials 🙏. Here's a video of some ideas in case anyone else gets a stuck pedal rod.

Very funny :D  That'll teach you to stop jumping your wheel all the time :P

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

It does feel that way sadly, even though I've mostly stopped making my trick videos in favor of reviews recently. There's gotta be something from your deep woodworking skills that could make for a better pedal solution here.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Hmm jumping? It almost brings another @Hunka Hunka Burning Love hit word... It starts with the letter h...

BTW @Marty Backe this comes from a guy with red lipstick on.. Kissing his wheel. 

The says it all....credited to freelance paparazzi photoshoper with truth highlighter tool, yours only @Rehab1

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Hmm jumping? It almost brings another @Hunka Hunka Burning Love hit word... It starts with the letter h...

BTW @Marty Backe the comes from a guy with red lipstick on.. Kissing his wheel. 

Easy now! I think Marty's had enough "fun" at his expense, over the BrokeBacke photo hilarious as it was.

Lets move the dialogue forward a bit.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Alien Rides said:

It does feel that way sadly, even though I've mostly stopped making my trick videos in favor of reviews recently. There's gotta be something from your deep woodworking skills that could make for a better pedal solution here.

Time to bring on @Jason McNeil, for a new pedal mod request to manufacture : fixed pedals like a one block or piece combining the L-shape mounting bracket into the pedal. Then you cam jump at the cost of easy storage and lifting and trolleying your wheel. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Easy now! I think Marty's had enough "fun" at his expense, over the BrokeBacke photo hilarious as it was.

Okej that said, I am glad he seems to be fine after all despite a test of his safety gear. No offence ment Marty 😔

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Oh, no! The voice of reason spoiling the fun and pooping on the party :D:D:D:D:D

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

The foot plat rod on one of my older wheels bent. When I tried to extract while removing the plat it would not come out. I had to hammer the back of a very long stemmed screwdriver to finally extract the rod. 

Since I had no replacement rod I went to Home Depot and got a very large screw the same diameter as the rod. I sawed off the head,  and the threads and was basically left with a replacement rod for about 2 or 3 bucks. I inserted the rod and it has been there ever since 😉👍

Edited by Lutalo

50 minutes ago, Alien Rides said:

does feel that way sadly

I have that problem on one side of my Monster. I always assumed it was corrosion from road wetness bonding the bolt to the foot rest. The bolt is darkly discolored slightly along  it's length ...right? Anyway....an old tool in the tool kit works well....I think it's called a pin punch

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QV2I896/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_JztoCbTVFCRAC

When the pedal bolt gets to a point where it doesn't slide out freely you insert the pin punch behind the stuck bolt and hammer away gently without causing damage to the threads (used by the end hex screws) by the forced tool. 

This always works for me including the reassembly process.

Edited by Bob Eisenman
  • Like 2

On 1/11/2019 at 7:58 AM, Lutalo said:

I didn't know that you and my dude @Siggy rolled thick like that. That's fam :D:D:D. My son arrives in Paris next week. I will be shipping the 18L shortly after. He will be there for 4 months. Hopefully, you guys will get to link up and ride. 

He wants to visit the UK while he is there, but given the asshole laws banning EUCs in London it might instead be more fun to link on your next trip to Paris.😁👍

Paris is hard to beat when it comes to popularity with these devices, but if he comes to London, he is more than welcome to join us over here, we know the hotspots, he would love it! 😊

Edited by ED209
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, ED209 said:

Paris is hard to beat when it comes to popularity with these devices, but if he comes to London, he is more than welcome to join us over here, we know the hotspots, he would love it! 😊

Cool. Thanks for that. He sounds pretty excited about trying out the train. 😁👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

I took my new Skydio R1 drone out for the first time a few hours ago. I was hoping to take some awesome aerial footage but no such luck. I should have flown it in a less confined area.

The Skydio's high tech carbon fiber housing is surrounded by 13 cameras for obstacle avoidance and the software is designed to map the drone's direction 4 seconds into the future. I rode the Z10 slowly through the woods to gain some confidence in the aircraft's anti collision characteristics as it carefully weaved it's way through the trees and branches following me.  Then it somehow miss calculated my final turn and crashed into some branches.

The drone did suffer 2 broken blades which took a matter of minutes to replace. Not a scratch on the rest of the drone.  I uploaded the files to Skydio as they are constantly improving the software based on consumer accidents. Hopefully if the weather permits I can shoot some more video this weekend.

Great video. I wish that I could use one in Washington. One could get caught-up very quickly using drones in DC 😱 at least the city is EUC friendly. That is what counts the most 😉👍

Is it the drone or your wheel making that whining noise? That's a reasonable question for me. I ride a Kingsong; so, it could be either one or both from my perspective.:D:D

Edited by Lutalo
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Smoother said:

:thumbup:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

I took my new Skydio R1 drone out for the first time a few hours ago. I was hoping to take some awesome aerial footage but no such luck. I should have flown it in a less confined area.

The Skydio's high tech carbon fiber housing is surrounded by 13 cameras for obstacle avoidance and the software is designed to map the drone's direction 4 seconds into the future. I rode the Z10 slowly through the woods to gain some confidence in the aircraft's anti collision characteristics as it carefully weaved it's way through the trees and branches following me.  Then it somehow miss calculated my final turn and crashed into some branches.

The drone did suffer 2 broken blades which took a matter of minutes to replace. Not a scratch on the rest of the drone.  I uploaded the files to Skydio as they are constantly improving the software based on consumer accidents. Hopefully if the weather permits I can shoot some more video this weekend.

Very impressive tracking. On wonder how fast you'd be able to ride that same path and have it track you?

29 minutes ago, Lutalo said:

Great video. I wish that I could use one in Washington. One could get caught-up very quickly using drones in DC 😱 at least the city is EUC friendly. That is what counts the most 😉👍

Is it the drone or your wheel making that whining noise? That's a reasonable question for me. I ride a Kingsong; so, it could be either one or both from my perspective.:D:D

The Z10 is an extremely quiet wheel.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yanex87 said:

Another Remarkable Day Riding Around DC

We had an awesome day riding around the city. My son's final group ride in DC; in the country period before he is off to France. Hard to grasp that my next ride with him won't happen until this Summer. My son has been my number one riding partner for several years.😢😢😢😢😢😢

@Yanex87 you captured some great moments. My only regret is that because you didn't have your Insta 360 One X with you on this ride, we don't get to see much of you in the video. Hopefully you will be able to bring it with you on the Capitol Wheel and Crab Cake Run on January 26th. 

Hanging out in Anacostia, where I grew up was super cool. Seeing the old neighborhood brought back a lot of memories. I can't wait to get back over to "Turning Natural" for more of those most excellent spinach patties. Next time I will try the "Muhammad Ali" protein smoothie. 😉👍. When we pass by on our next ride. I have to at least stop and grab two or three to take home. 😋😋😋😋

Edited by Lutalo
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

should have flown it in a less confined area.

Looks like the smallish tree to the right of the big tree at about 1:03 caused a flight path diversion (right) into the forbidden thin stuff (next to the big tree) while tracking you.

AVOID THIN STRUCTURES

Also, be extra careful when flying in environments that contain thin branches, telephone or power lines, ropes, netting, wires, chainlink fencing, transparent surfaces like windows, or reflective surfaces like mirrors.

Edited by Bob Eisenman
  • Like 2