THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

@stephen, you have come a long way, since your Kingsong days. Well done!

Edited by ED209
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

You see these videos (and maybe experience it too, like me) and realize how scary it would be at 25-mph. I'm staying geared up.

Thanks, it can happen even to the best riders.  Do you know what wheel he was riding? I used to exceed 30mph quite often, been there, done that. These days, I ride slower with much more caution.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lutalo said:

Gotta love the Penguins. They really know how to have in the snow. The "fun" part is the reason that I don't ride in the snow 😉👍

You are missing out! Snow like this is rare over here in London, Few years ago we had something similar, I had the KS18a at the time, riding through untouched snow was doable, provided you didn't corner heavily. Going over snow that already had trail marks was a different story, Very icy.

Edited by ED209

1 hour ago, Lutalo said:

Not to derail, but I dig the hoodie with the classic Washington Redskins logo though. If Ian is not actually a skins fan, then at least he is a man of good taste. 😉👍

They must have sponsored him lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ED209 said:

You are missing out! Snow like this is rare over here in London

Where I'm from its not arctic circle frequent like wherever the penguin in the vid is riding, but it's far from rare. In fact, in DC we got snow and ice today.  I have had all kinds of fun in the snow in my lifetime. so, I'm not missing out. I am, opting out without ruling out :D👍

Edited by Lutalo
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, ED209 said:

Thanks, it can happen even to the best riders.  Do you know what wheel he was riding? I used to exceed 30mph quite often, been there, done that. These days, I ride slower with much more caution.

No idea what wheel he was on. Maybe he says somewhere else in the video. Maybe we all slow down after awhile. After we get wiser and begin to see the bigger picture of how dangerous these can be. Another local rider who has always been into speed as been talking about dialing it back and staying in the lower 20's.

• Like 1

@Marty Backe, @Rehab1& @Esper, I finally got the chance to ride the Mten3,  I see what you mean, at 1st the tyre wants to go all over the place, I had it under control though, within seconds, I was doing 360s and going backwards. All I can say is, I am getting one for sure, I need it!

Edited by ED209
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ED209 said:

@Marty Backe, @Rehab1& @Esper, I finally got the chance to ride the Mten3,  I see what you mean, at 1st the tyre wants to go all over the place, I had it under control though, within seconds, I was doing 360s and going backwards. All I can say is, I am getting one for sure, I need it!

Fantastic. How did you happen to get the opportunity to ride one? They aren't exactly common.

It really is a fun wheel.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ED209 said:

That’s awesome! Such a great wheel! The  challenge now will be trying to remove the big smile from your face.  :D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

That’s awesome! Such a great wheel! The  challenge now will be trying to remove the big smile from your face.  :D 

It won't be easy, If I had listened, I would have been smiling ages ago with you guys.  I am very grateful to those of you who make videos for us to view, seeing is believing sometimes, you make it look so easy!

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, ED209 said:

It won't be easy, If I had listened, I would have been smiling ages ago with you guys.  I am very grateful to those of you who make videos for us to view, seeing is believing sometimes, you make it look so easy!

You will be riding like that is no time.

Best not to attend someone's funeral after riding the Mten3. Grieving guests might wonder why your smiling during the service.:facepalm:  Even though it’s cold outside I need to get out and ride my Mten3 so I can restore my smile. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

You will be riding like that is no time.

Best not to attend someone's funeral after riding the Mten3. Grieving guests might wonder why your smiling during the service.:facepalm:  Even though it’s cold outside I need to get out and ride my Mten3 so I can restore my smile. 

This bought back a picture posted a while back this summer or spring. But I guess the occasion was a wedding and a guy got told off by the wife. I don't recall if it was you on the picture. But to me that is among the top 3 pictures every seen posted. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, stephen said:

Just a little night ride

It's chilly here at night. I can't imagine how cold that night ride was :cry2:  But you have to do what you need to do to feed the addiction :D

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

It's chilly here at night. I can't imagine how cold that night ride was :cry2:  But you have to do what you need to do to feed the addiction :D

Yeah I've got my fix, tomorrow is at least sunny 😊😊😊 so out again until the battery runs out 😋

Screenshot_20190110_172234_bbc.mobile.weather.jpg

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, stephen said:

Yeah I've got my fix, tomorrow is at least sunny 😊😊😊 so out again until the battery runs out 😋

Screenshot_20190110_172234_bbc.mobile.weather.jpg

But it is not even near freezing.... Screenshot_20190110-190341_Yr.thumb.jpg.7672898b3318e514dac5c1055c2028c8.jpg

I had to choose Saturday as Friday seem to above 0 but windy. 😁

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Unventor said:

But it is not even near freezing.... Screenshot_20190110-190341_Yr.thumb.jpg.7672898b3318e514dac5c1055c2028c8.jpg

I had to choose Saturday as Friday seem to above 0 but windy. 😁

Wow get your shorts on its going to be a scorcher after 12pm😂,,, i thought the UK was cold lol 

• Like 1

Haha I did some clumsy attempts at riding it in the living room. 
It's a bit big for such a small space though and it is harder to steer compared to my Ninebot One E+ so this is going to take a bit of getting used to.

So i'm heading out now. YOLO!

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Haha I did some clumsy attempts at riding it in the living room. 
It's a bit big for such a small space though and it is harder to steer compared to my Ninebot One E+ so this is going to take a bit of getting used to.

So i'm heading out now. YOLO!

It will be easier to ride than your ninebot it just stays planted to the ground, hope you enjoy it :)let us know your feedback

Edited by stephen

1 hour ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Haha same story here.

And to make matters worse. My MSX arrived today.

Ohh so is that piece of paper a test life insurance for one week? 😉

So with that cold weather you have too, it gives you plenty of time to slow charge the wheel. 😊

Almost always a bright side to things. 

As an silly example, when I crash landed on my buttocks and lower back.. For a brief moment I thought that didn't go as bad as expected when I was in mid air before impact... As I got up good god I didn't have higher pedals 😉 after 4 hours of waiting in EA waiting for a doctor to excess my xrays.... Alteast a few of the nurses are nice... And being in Sweden good looking too.. Not able to move or turn at all... Silly thoughts. 

Careful with the indoor riding in confined spaces or lag of space 🤕😉

So when do you expect weather to clear for a proper first ride? 

Ohh I forgot. I used a @Hunka Hunka Burning Love hit word: NURSES :w00t2:

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 1