THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

5 hours ago, Espen R said:

Feel your pain bro! My wife owns a health food shop, and if I sneeze or show any discomfort, she'll bring home disgusting remedies from every corner of the world. Munchausen or love?? My bet is both:) Just hang in there, the body will heal it self, and then your wife will come out of her Munchausen/witch spell;)

Thanks dude. I can tell you feel my pain. Whatever the problem, she thinks apple cider vinegar will cure it. Ugh! Yuck! Blech!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, winterwheel said:

There's been the odd question about what to wear to ride in the winter, and seeing is better than reading, so I thought I throw together a video showing how I personally manage it.

Hey, dude. This is informative. Thanks for putting it together. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nic said:

Best way to get rid of a cold or flu quickly is to sweat it out. Get your body temperature up by drinking hot fluids and wrapping up well. You'll be feeling better after a day. A sauna would be perfect if you had one. Drugs make you feel better, but they just prolong the symptoms.

I do wish I had a sauna. I am using hot 🛀 as a substitute and plenty of flushing the system with water, and ACV to facilitate a detox effect.

See. After all my complaining, it seems I am actually learning a thing or two from my wife. Still feels like Munchausen by Proxy though :D👍

23 minutes ago, Lutalo said:

Hey, dude. This is informative. Thanks for putting it together. 

You're welcome. I'm hoping eventually there will be legions of us joining the fat bike crew out on the winter streets.B)

Edited by winterwheel
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, winterwheel said:

There's been the odd question about what to wear to ride in the winter, and seeing is better than reading, so I thought I throw together a video showing how I personally manage it.

Excellent video, It is good to know that you still ride, no matter what the weather conditions are.  I wonder what the current mileage is, on the V8?

Edited by ED209

3 hours ago, winterwheel said:

Fantastic video - both the content and the production values.

Maybe you can also post this in the Riding Safety and Protective Gear section of the Forum so that people can better find this very useful information in the future.

1 hour ago, ED209 said:

Excellent video, It is good to know that you still ride, no matter what the weather conditions are.  I wonder what the current mileage is, on the V8?

Thanks! I can get back and forth to work twice in messy winter conditions, meaning about 30km, and I'm down to two bars at the end of that. A couple of things to keep in mind, riding in snow is adding a lot of resistance, I'm in the 250lb range with gear on, and this particular wheel is getting up to two years old now, so your mileage may vary. :)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Fantastic video - both the content and the production values.

Maybe you can also post this in the Riding Safety and Protective Gear section of the Forum so that people can better find this very useful information in the future.

Thanks, really glad you liked it. I'll do that.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gotmotion2016 said:

Nice video. I'm not a safety Nazi, but that guy riding the Monster at ~7-minute mark, with no safety gear and his hands in his pockets, is dead if the wheel cuts out. I can't help but think of this as I continue to recover from my face-plant type fall where my arms provided some protection for my face/head.

Even if people don't wear any safety gear, I really wish they wouldn't ride with hands in their pockets. I tell you, it's a near-death sentence if the wheel fails.

I'll get off my soap box now. I did like the video :thumbup:

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, winterwheel said:

Really nice video, I wish I was brave enough to drive in traffic like that.

I think this guy has a death wish! 🤔

• Like 3

9 hours ago, winterwheel said:

Nice video.  Hey, weren't you in a James Bond Film once?  Yeah, "For Your Eyes Only".  I knew you looked familiar 

MV5BYjBjNzQyOWUtMmM4YS00MDc0LWI1MWYtM2Y3

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, ED209 said:

I think this guy has a death wish! 🤔

+1.  And people wonder why countries like Spain are cracking down on personal electric vehicles, and in countries like England and Germany they are already illegal.  I lost track of all the dangerous, and illegal things I saw in that video.  Still it wont be long before he kills himself.  Hopefully he wont kill an innocent bystander like that scooter rider did recently in Spain.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ED209 said:

Gotway MSX, why power matters... 

Video credit: Robert Navarro 

The video is sped up (which I generally don't care for - unrealistic) so it looks more dangerous that it really was.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

The video is sped up (which I generally don't care for - unrealistic) so it looks more dangerous that it really was.

Thank goodness for that, otherwise he would be a massive pr*ck for riding like that! :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ED209 said:

Gotway MSX, why power matters... 

Video credit: Robert Navarro 

What scares the shit out of me are his massive whobbles he is getting, in many of his videos.:w00t2:

I would shit my pants if that would happen to me.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nic said:

@Marty Backe You have a stunt double...

That's so funny. Identical helmet and upper body armor. Too much to be a coincidence. Yet to complete the look he needs black pants and a dark shield for the helmet :)

From the bio, looks like someone getting into the game of selling EUCs, in EWheels backyard too. Wonder if @Jason McNeil knows him.

Makes me happy to see people gearing up. It's a good look and super safe way to roll :thumbup:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

That's so funny. Identical helmet and upper body armor. Too much to be a coincidence. Yet to complete the look he needs black pants and a dark shield for the helmet :)

From the bio, looks like someone getting into the game of selling EUCs, in EWheels backyard too. Wonder if @Jason McNeil knows him.

Makes me happy to see people gearing up. It's a good look and super safe way to roll :thumbup:

He flips down the dark shield later in the video. I think in a few years time it will be like a scene from Star Wars Clone Wars, where there will be hundreds of clones riding around on their EUC's.:popcorn:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Nic said:

He flips down the dark shield later in the video. I think in a few years time it will be like a scene from Star Wars Clone Wars, where there will be hundreds of clones riding around on their EUC's.:popcorn:

No, that's the inner sun shade. The outer shield needs to be dark to complete the look :)

Yes, we need lots of clones :thumbup: