THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm late to the 'game' here, but I'll chime in very quickly (as I top off the charge on the KS18XL that just arrived at my door this Christmas Eve).

This is an old video. I think it was already shown in either this thread or one of the primary Z10 threads.

The Z10 has a maximum speed of 28-mph which I have ridden. I believe the wheel cutout due to pushing beyond it's capabilities. He was clearly riding the beep like I did for a few minutes on the Z10. In my case, the wheel would initiate a mellow tilt-back (and beep) and I would ease up on my lean a bit. I made a video of this short "speed test".  In my case I was most certainly not trying to squeeze out more speed. I was just trying to ride at maximum speed for a bit. In this guys case I'm assuming he was maybe continuing to lean into the wheel seeing if he could eke out some more speed.

I think the Z10 is a very safe wheel and has a nice controlled mellow tilt-back to keep you at it's maximum speed for any given battery level.

EUC royalty just replied to my post wooow :clap3:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Thank you:) But it's only common sense.

Not so common, it would appear...  :facepalm:

Tell your wife Christmas dinner is off, you gotta do a range test:efee8319ab:

Hahahaha @Marty Backe and if she doesn't leave you any left-overs, I'd say you have enough range to grab a bite to eat anywhere within an 80 miles radius :efee612b4b:

Some people get socks and ties, some people get wheels:efef77eaf5:

Yeah, you lucky [text missing[, @Marty Backe !!! Where the "F" is MY 18XL? They just had to merge Xmas and the "Three Kings" in Spain to extend the holiday season 'til the 6th of January....I'm usually OK with that, BUT I WANT MY WHEEL FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!!!!  :efee612b4b:

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

80km, not miles. 1600Wh is a solid 80km wheel. Just saying so you don't have false expectations for your upcoming 18XL:efee47c9c8:

F-ing KS quotes it as 130 km...but based on SpeedyFeet's assessments, KS tends to over-blow their figures by A LOT. 
All the same, thanks for the reality check. :)
And as to Marty, I'm sure 80 km should still be enough to find a decent place to eat, particularly in Cali ;)

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 2

Ian of Speedy Feet is the other end of the scale to the manufacturers' claims. He always gets surprisingly lousy range, for mysterious reasons. So easily expect more than he gets. Solid 80km for your 1600Wh.

As for Marty, I looked up the nearest Hooters breastaurant he and his gang seem to like the place:efee8319ab: Even a Solowheel would do.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Ian of Speedy Feet is the other end of the scale to the manufacturers' claims. He always gets surprisingly lousy range, for mysterious reasons.

He does admit to riding very aggressively and pushing the wheel as much as he can to get a realistic range in the most extreme conditions, so I guess it's a matter of middle ground, as with everything. 

As to breastaruants (Nice one! :efee612b4b:), it's not a bad way of spending Xmas Eve....

BTW, Merry Xmas to all!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RoberAce said:

maybe I've had too much luck

This may be true... I like the fact you are fully "suited up" in case your luck takes a turn, it would definitely hurt but you have the protection necessary to limit "damage" as much as possible... Merry Christmas :)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RoberAce said:

He told me it was a Cutoff at 46kmh after the rides over the tillback. It's a very strange situation because, as you could see in my videos, I constantly exceed that speed and I'm not exactly a light rider 89Kg, it's very strange and it makes me a bit mistrustful to follow the trend of acceleration without limit, maybe I've had too much luck

Probably best to set your own limit that is 3mph below the default limit to sure you don’t have a high speed cut out. @houseofjob IT IS A CONFIRMED NINEBOT ONE Z10 CUT OFF. Please be careful dude 🙏🏾 

Edited by Afeez Kay

18 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I just got back from a 45-mile (72-km) 4-1/4 hour ride. the KS18XL had ~20-percent battery remaining, resting. A mix of speeds and wind, but no riding faster than 35-km/h. My sense is that the mileage is worse than the MSX, but I'll be doing a real apples-to-apples comparison later. Regardless of how it compares to any other wheel, the KS18XL has a fantastic range. It's a really nice wheel :thumbup:

The estimates listed on the eWheels site suggest that your suspicions are correct. I suspect the range on the XL is slightly less as well; it's heavier than the MSX. I found the weight difference a bit surprising when @eddiemoy weighed them. The MSX was closer to the 18L in weight. 

• Like 2

On 12/24/2018 at 4:09 PM, Rehab1 said:

The series of reference lines depicted in the photo sequence indicate an increased forward tilt which could designate a motor cut out. 

Or, more likely, hitting the speed of zero excess torque under load, which is usually far below the no-load cut off speed.

https://www.jibjab.com/view/make/sled_race/e4b1abb0-d280-4a13-8b92-68b0e450b1ce 

This is funny.. A race between EUC riders on Sleds 🛷 Merry Christmas 🎄 Again 😂😂:lol:

Edited by Afeez Kay
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Afeez Kay said:

https://www.jibjab.com/view/make/sled_race/e4b1abb0-d280-4a13-8b92-68b0e450b1ce 

This is funny.. A race between EUC riders on Sleds 🛷 Merry Christmas 🎄 Again 😂😂:lol:

So, from what I could see, Chooch Tech came last 😅

Edited by ED209

2 hours ago, Demargon said:

Mountain climbing and enjoing the views is a pleasure with those powerfull and silent small machines.

The fun is out there

:thumbup: My kind of riding

• Like 2