THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

13 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

I would like to see @Tishawn Fahie Tishawn ride with his hands in his coat pockets, just to see what would happen.

He would lose his agility 🤣

My EUC videos tend to be either boring or lacking hardware improvements (360fly gimbal) beyond my $/interest comfort level. So riding the EUC to a destination and doing something like flying a drone interests me. The drone generally gives nicer video than any my 'Action Cameras or the 360fly". Here is a better version of my surf video from Phillips Beach plus some audio:

My 360fly camera received a rude reception on the forum due to curved video and shakiness the a gimbal would remove. After a bit of a crash the 36fly camera got a crack in the lens. $150 in lens repairs later it still works and here it is in all its shaky 360 glory with a helmet mounted perspective. Drag the video with either top left controls or your depressed left click mouse moved on the screen

Personally I like the look of the selfi-stick image stabilized Insta One 360 videos but they were not on the market (or I was unaware of them) when I bought the 360fly. As someone on the forum said...'the 360fly is not a true 360 camera'. The black area at the bottom of the video is the limit of the field of view for the single lens 360fly.

Going to the interesting beach has its perks.

Edited by Bob Eisenman
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I have been following this guy on YouTube for a while and realized that I don't think I have seen him on any of the threads. He tours with a dinosaur puppet show called "Walking with Dinosaurs". On his spare time he gives you a tour of the cities that they are performing in.  Kinda Duf style. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/27/2018 at 9:06 AM, Ziiten said:

Awesome slaloming in Manhattan traffic again.

Tishawn and the gang make some of the best videos, but I cringe at the thought of him or others getting injured when they ride around in NYC traffic like that.  My brain tells me that they are pros who know the traffic patterns there better than people who don’t live or visit there so no worries.  I hope to never see a report where a car ends up running him over. :blink:

It is cool to see how they weave through the traffic, but on the other hand it just makes me wonder about the what ifs...

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Tishawn and the gang make some of the best videos, but I cringe at the thought of him or others getting injured when they ride around in NYC traffic like that.  My brain tells me that they are pros who know the traffic patterns there better than people who don’t live or visit there so no worries.  I hope to never see a report where a car ends up running him over. :blink:

It is cool to see how they weave through the traffic, but on the other hand it just makes me wonder about the what ifs...

I guess in those congested central streets cars move at a quite slow pace and predictably. In the Kingson video he was even wearing a helmet, although in his hand. Not compatible with the hat.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I think it's a NYC-specific culture. Cyclists seem to love their looks-like-suicide-runs there, too, but there appears to be some kind of system that works.

What I find more interesting, in any US video, people overtake very slow or standing cars on the right. Would always be on the left in Germany, and nobody would weave between cars standing narrowly together, etc. Also a culture thing.

Yep. Brakeless principles. Never plan to brake, always look for exits. Speed limit is 25mph and traffic is so dense you can't do much more for long. Also the lights are set to keep traffic at a pace. If you work the lights and can maintain speeds of 30+ then traffic becomes cones. Faster is safer

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Alien Rides said:

Cross-posting the WraithWheel unveiling. We’ll be keeping a DIY thread going with all of the videos, a lot of content planned on this beautiful wheel. Watch this in 4k60fps if you can!

Love it! The wheel and the video :thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1